Do I really need to use an image hosting site like Imgur to preview images correctly?

Screenshots, videos, replays, & more
Ruskiwaffle1991
Contributor
Contributor
Favorite Aircraft: Too many to name :)
Location: Philippines, Earth, Sol System, random arm thing of the Milky Way, random supercluster, Universe

Do I really need to use an image hosting site like Imgur to preview images correctly?

Post by Ruskiwaffle1991 »

The damn pic of me flying with a stock Concorde in a stock 747 over stock Heathrow ain't previewing because I grabbed it straight out off my captures folder. And so is me fighting the cursed super flanker from OHP with my GACRP Morgan. I sit really necessary to use image hosting sites or not?
Never ask a man his salary,
A (i completely forgot)
A Me 262 pilot, how many times his plane's engines caught on fire.
HawkbitAlpha
2nd United Combat Wing
2nd United Combat Wing
Favorite Aircraft: Tristar, F-5 family

Re: Do I really need to use an image hosting site like Imgur to preview images correctly?

Post by HawkbitAlpha »

Unless you plan to turn your computer into a website host just for that, then yes. The internet can't read into your files like that. Besides, using Imgur is pretty simple.

Manager, Host, Pilot @ VCAP Aerobatics | 2021-Present
"Wedge", CO @ 2nd United Combat Wing | 2020-Present
Turbofan
Senior Veteran
Senior Veteran
Favorite Aircraft: Boeing 747, all variants

Re: Do I really need to use an image hosting site like Imgur to preview images correctly?

Post by Turbofan »

You should be able to upload upto three images from anywhere in your computer by going to "Post Reply" at the bottom of this topic, then choosing "Attachments > Add Files". There is a file size limit however (2MB if memory serves) and you can only add a maximum of three attachments in this fashion. If you want to add more (without double-posting ;) ), then Imgur is the best option. I use it frequently to post images here.
Ruskiwaffle1991
Contributor
Contributor
Location: Philippines, Earth, Sol System, random arm thing of the Milky Way, random supercluster, Universe

Turbofan wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 2:20 pm You should be able to upload upto three images from anywhere in your computer by going to "Post Reply" at the bottom of this topic, then choosing "Attachments > Add Files". There is a file size limit however (2MB if memory serves) and you can only add a maximum of three attachments in this fashion. If you want to add more (without double-posting ;) ), then Imgur is the best option. I use it frequently to post images here.
A (i completely forgot)
Ruskiwaffle1991
Contributor
Contributor

there is no "attachment" button in the thing. is it the one with the chain thing?
A (i completely forgot)
Turbofan
Senior Veteran
Senior Veteran
Favorite Aircraft: Boeing 747, all variants

Post by Turbofan »

It's actually in the tab below the "Post Reply" area:

add_attachment.png

After you add an attachment, you'll get a "Place Inline" button - when you click that it will put it where the cursor is, not where you want it to go, so first make sure your cursor is where you want the image to be placed and then click "Place Inline".

The "chain" icon button you're referring to adds a link to your post.
Ruskiwaffle1991
Contributor
Contributor

thanks, I already found it before you made this post :lol:
A (i completely forgot)