Favorite Aircraft: Tristar, F-5 family

2nd United Combat Wing (2UCW) Server

Post by HawkbitAlpha »

2ND UNITED COMBAT WING SERVER
IP Address: 2ucw.ddns.net (port 7915)

Server Info:

YS VERSION: 20150425
MAP: 2UCW Hawaii
SETTINGS: Visibility 2000m, All Weapons On, Blackout Off, Collisions Off, Land Everywhere On
AVAILABILITY: 24/7

__________________________________________________________________________________________________

This server is purposefully limited to using few large mod packs so as to keep log-in times down. With that in mind, please don't ask me to install more "mega-packs" such as Oranleed, Major, or CEP, because it won't happen.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________

RULES (based on BoH):

No Vulching: Attacking aircraft that are on the ground or landing is not allowed. The only exception is if the target aircraft is firing from the ground.

Code of Disengagement: The release of three (3) flares fired in quick succession is a universally-recognized code of disengagement within the English YSFlight community. This code signifies that you do not want to be attacked, or that you want a threatening pilot to disengage. It is allowed to call for a free-fire against pilots who violate this rule, as well as those who abuse the code (i.e. dispense three flares, then continue to attack afterwards).

Dogfighting: While this is a combat server to some degree, there are still ground rules to abide by. If you want to fight someone, make sure they agree to have a fight before making an attack. If you aren't given permission beforehand, then don't attack. Breaking this rule will be treated the same as vulching (rule 1).

Civilian Pilots: Firing on unarmed civilian aircraft, even if they are invincible, is a huge no-no. Even in a squadron server, we would like to make the environment safe for civilian pilots. The only exception is if the civilian aircraft is participating in an online exercise; if this is the case, then all pilots online must agree to whatever rules are set within the exercise.

Failure to abide by these rules, especially with repeat offenses, is grounds for free-fire orders, kicks, or outright bans from the server. Additionally, squadron HROs can make use of a special "admin plane" to quickly dispatch violators.

This server is the official home base of the 2nd United Combat Wing, the most prominent combat squadron currently active in YSFlight, as well as the event hub for VCAP Aerobatics. While it's public, this server is also reserved for other uses, including the hosting of all airshows hosted by VCAP, and managed by myself (Wedge/HawkbitAlpha) in conjunction with the other HROs. It's common for us to change the server's map without advance warning, either for training purposes, or just to simply mix things up. On rare occasions, it may be locked to non-members.

2UCW is a squadron of pilots who operate with a mindset similar to that of the Brotherhood of Honor. It's typical to find us ribbing on each other for fun, especially during sparring and training sessions. As those at BoH once put it: be wary of personal attacks, but do not be alarmed.

If you have any questions or requests, you can contact us at our Discord server!
Last edited by HawkbitAlpha on Tue Jan 17, 2023 12:11 am, edited 27 times in total.

Manager, Host, Pilot @ VCAP Aerobatics | 2021-Present
"Wedge", CO @ 2nd United Combat Wing | 2020-Present
Vertex1252
Favorite Aircraft: P-51D Mustang

Re: 2nd United Combat Wing Server

Post by Vertex1252 »

Thanks Wedge, you're much appreciated! The server's one of the most active ones at this moment...
HawkbitAlpha
2nd United Combat Wing
2nd United Combat Wing

Re: 2nd United Combat Wing (2UCW) Server

Post by HawkbitAlpha »

The 2UCW server will now be running full-time on a modified version of 171st and MIRAI Hawaii, with the squadron basing out of Madobe NAS on Molokai. Make sure to download the new map pack!

HawkbitAlpha
2nd United Combat Wing
2nd United Combat Wing

Post by HawkbitAlpha »

Our server will now be engaging in Lights-Out Saturdays! It's exactly what it sounds like: once a week on every Saturday, the 2UCW server will be switching to night time. Because what else are stealth aircraft for, after all?
Last edited by HawkbitAlpha on Mon Mar 15, 2021 3:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ruskiwaffle1991
Contributor
Contributor
Favorite Aircraft: Too many to name :)
Location: Philippines, Earth, Sol System, random arm thing of the Milky Way, random supercluster, Universe

Post by Ruskiwaffle1991 »

Uhh, that would be Monday in my time rip
Never ask a man his salary,
A (i completely forgot)
A Me 262 pilot, how many times his plane's engines caught on fire.
Bear
Rookie
Rookie
Favorite Aircraft: Bell 412, AW139

Post by Bear »

Just curious- why’s the server offline? I’d love to be able to fly around on here.
Hover lover.
waspe414
Staff
Staff
Favorite Aircraft: Kiowa, Mitten, Hornet

Post by waspe414 »

Sustained power outage at the server location
Actual UltraViolet
Image Image
I stole your turnip. Now you must come and defend your honour. ~ Hank Green
Bear
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Bear »

waspe414 wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 3:06 am Sustained power outage at the server location
I see. Can’t wait for it to re-open!
Hover lover.
Bear
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Bear »

I've been flying the YSMajor VFC-111 pack lately and I was wondering if there was any chance we could have it added to the server. I've really enjoyed flying in this server so far, so thanks for keeping it operational!
Hover lover.
HawkbitAlpha
2nd United Combat Wing
2nd United Combat Wing

Post by HawkbitAlpha »

Bear wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 1:40 pm I've been flying the YSMajor VFC-111 pack lately and I was wondering if there was any chance we could have it added to the server. I've really enjoyed flying in this server so far, so thanks for keeping it operational!
At the moment, the server is run off of one of my own computers, which means that it runs a bit slower in bandwidth than we'd prefer. That also means that the log-in times are longer than they should be, so in an effort to counter that, I've been limiting how many large packs are allowed on the server. If I ever move it to a VPS, though, maybe then it can handle bigger packs like Major or OCP without running at a snail's pace.

Bear
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Bear »

Ok! Worth a shot.
Hover lover.
HawkbitAlpha
2nd United Combat Wing
2nd United Combat Wing

Post by HawkbitAlpha »

This Saturday, the 2UCW server will be temporarily repurposed to host the YSAA Warbird & Light Aviation Show! That event will take place on the server using our normal IP address, so if you're wondering why you can't connect like normal on Saturday, this is why.

HawkbitAlpha
2nd United Combat Wing
2nd United Combat Wing

Post by HawkbitAlpha »

Big update! As I announced recently in the mChat and HQ Discord, this server is now the interim home of the HQ Friday Night Flights, and will be switched every Friday night to a specialized YSCAS-like build for the purpose. I've updated the addons list spreadsheet linked in this thread to include two new tabs, both of which contain the aircraft and scenery that are installed on the FNF version of the server.

HawkbitAlpha
2nd United Combat Wing
2nd United Combat Wing

Post by HawkbitAlpha »

Server has been offline for the last couple of weeks due to the hosting laptop having continuous problems with maintaining its ethernet connection. I expect it to stay down for at least a few more days, while we not only move house, but I take the time to transition the server machine from Windows 10 to Linux (Zorin OS). Hopefully, that makes things much more efficient going forward.

HawkbitAlpha
2nd United Combat Wing
2nd United Combat Wing

Post by HawkbitAlpha »

It's official: following my leave from the squad, the 2UCW Server will not be returning. At least, not under my control - other members of the squad are free to take my build and run with it. Instead, once the hosting situation is finally worked out, I plan on launching a new server based around my Aerodrome Discord server and VCAP. More details to come.