Are there any servers alive?

Xyro
Favorite Aircraft: Boeing 777

Are there any servers alive?

Post by Xyro »

I was wondering if there are still YSFlight alive today?
waspe414
Staff
Staff
Favorite Aircraft: Kiowa, Mitten, Hornet

Re: Are there any servers alive?

Post by waspe414 »

Yes. The list of online servers is in the sidebar. There's not a huge amount of activity, but people do still fly
Actual UltraViolet
Image Image
I stole your turnip. Now you must come and defend your honour. ~ Hank Green
CyberPostPunker
Favorite Aircraft: Cessna 182

Post by CyberPostPunker »

I discovered this simulator a month ago, now I fly one or two evenings a week. Sadly, I don't see anyone on weekday evenings.

I saw that, in my time zone (Bern, Paris ...), on weekends, some people fly on "Violet World" and "187 Server". I joined them this weekend, it was cool, we did air combat and formation flying.

Some people have told me that on Friday night at UTC 0000 there is activity on the "YSCAS" server. But I cannot confirm because it is too late for my time zone.

If you see someone on a server between 18000 and 2000 UTC (8:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m. in Bern), it's probably me ...
HawkbitAlpha
2nd United Combat Wing
2nd United Combat Wing
Favorite Aircraft: Tristar, F-5 family

Post by HawkbitAlpha »

I try to join in on server flights whenever I'm around to notice them happening, especially if it means having a good reason to knock off dust in combat. Revival WW3 makes that prospect a lot more fun whenever others are on to use it.

Manager, Host, Pilot @ VCAP Aerobatics | 2021-Present
"Wedge", CO @ 2nd United Combat Wing | 2020-Present
Vertex1252
Favorite Aircraft: P-51D Mustang

Post by Vertex1252 »

Yes! There are servers that are just barely breathing. I suggest you join a Discord so you can see when people are agreeing to fly, or if you'd like to ask if anyone is available.

- Vertex
SkiViator
Favorite Aircraft: Vought F4U Corsair

Post by SkiViator »

There are a few people online most of the time
*Loads LMG with religious intent*
jsu2
Business Class Membership
Business Class Membership
Favorite Aircraft: F-16

Post by jsu2 »

It would be neat if we had something that could give notifications when someone is flying. Game launchers (origin) ping the hell at of me when someone I added comes online. A feature like that would definitely be advantageous for a community like ys.
Cruiser1028
Favorite Aircraft: A350-900, A330NEO, 747-400, 737-800

Post by Cruiser1028 »

I don't think so. I rarely see active online servers.
I'm just a random user who loves aviation.
HawkbitAlpha
2nd United Combat Wing
2nd United Combat Wing
Favorite Aircraft: Tristar, F-5 family

Post by HawkbitAlpha »

Cruiser1028 wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 3:38 am I don't think so. I rarely see active online servers.
I identify as the owner of the very-much-utilized 2UCW server, and this annoys me

In all seriousness, we (plus 9th Matrix) do still fly, you just have to catch us at the right time of day. I've personally been mostly offline as of late, since I'm practicing for Air & Space Expo, but I should be back in action once that's over.

Manager, Host, Pilot @ VCAP Aerobatics | 2021-Present
"Wedge", CO @ 2nd United Combat Wing | 2020-Present
Bear
Rookie
Rookie
Favorite Aircraft: Bell 412, AW139

Post by Bear »

There are. YSCAS and 2UCW aren't dead. I've noticed that if I jump into a server, then people start gravitating toward that server. I know not everyone wants to jump into an empty server- it's natural to expect interaction in a public/social space, but if you hang out for a little while, your chances of running into someone are pretty good. It just takes a little patience!
Hover lover.
Turbofan
Senior Veteran
Senior Veteran
Favorite Aircraft: Boeing 747, all variants

Post by Turbofan »

Just from what I gather about why servers aren't that busy, of the most active players, several of us have full-time jobs now (or other commitments) and weekday evenings are spent doing other things that you don't get done during the day. Or we do, but we're working on YS-related stuff, you know, like maps, addons and other things ;). Many former members have come back, which is why HQ activity has actually been the most I've seen in quite some time, but at the same time, many former members have simply left the game for good for various reasons. So online activity in general is not as high as one might like.

That being said, Friday nights U.S. time (0115 UTC at the moment - soon to be 0015 UTC when we turn our clocks forward this coming weekend) are when some of us will go on Patrick's YSCAS for Friday Night Flights (or Saturday Morning Flights for those on the the other side of the planet), or any available server in case YSCAS is down (which is rare). I've seen anywhere from 2 to as many as 7 players for FNF/SMF, so it varies but it's fun nonetheless.

In addition, thanks to the efforts of Crazypilot, Violet, decaff42, Kubson and some other members (sorry, don't know everyone who's involved), there are combat events 3-4 times a year. We also have civilian events (ATC sessions hosted by Dan/Dave, and more recently, scheduled group flights from one airport to another). The caveat with that? Time zones. Not all time zones can be accomodated for every event despite our best efforts, it is what it is. But we try to have different events at different times. Try to join when you can!
Neocon
First Class Membership
First Class Membership
Favorite Aircraft: Baron 58

Post by Neocon »

The bottom line is that there are probably only a few of us who are somewhat active in the HQ community. It's never going to be "active" in the way that AAA online games or MS Flight Simulator are going to be active. I don't remember a time when: A. Servers were significantly more active or B. Someone wasn't posting about how the community was dying. ;)
Kubson88554
CVW-171
CVW-171
Favorite Aircraft: Rafale/SUs

Post by Kubson88554 »

Bear wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 3:52 pm There are. YSCAS and 2UCW aren't dead. I've noticed that if I jump into a server, then people start gravitating toward that server. I know not everyone wants to jump into an empty server- it's natural to expect interaction in a public/social space, but if you hang out for a little while, your chances of running into someone are pretty good. It just takes a little patience!
This
Crazypilot
Honorary Contributor
Honorary Contributor
Favorite Aircraft: Cheese

Post by Crazypilot »

We're still here! You'll definitely catch more activity on Sundays but it depends on the timezone.

plenty of traffic in events too....