HawkbitAlpha's Airshow Stuff

Screenshots, videos, replays, & more
HawkbitAlpha
2nd United Combat Wing
2nd United Combat Wing
Favorite Aircraft: Tristar, F-5 family

HawkbitAlpha's Airshow Stuff

Post by HawkbitAlpha »

For years, especially after Shiny Rice went inactive and wiped his channel, the old practice of documenting YS airshows in video form was abandoned. Today, we have Hornet's livestreams, but even they have the problem of being immediately smacked down for copyright on Youtube. Thus, as one of the few YS video makers left, I've apparently taken it upon myself to pick up where Rice left off, and continue the tradition of archiving our community airshows for all non-attendees to see. To that end, I've decided to concentrate them all into this thread for easy access.

You'll notice that I make heavy use of the F10 camera view and zooming for my recordings, and this is because I try to capture the feeling of perspective and speed that comes with many performances. For replay demonstrations, I'm also open to recording them offline if given the replay and accompanying files, allowing the demo to keep important things like smoke; see here for a showcase of this in action.

For the version of this thread dedicated to replays, see here.

MY COLLECTION:
OTHER ARCHIVES:
Last edited by HawkbitAlpha on Sun Jan 29, 2023 10:10 am, edited 12 times in total.

Manager, Host, Pilot @ VCAP Aerobatics | 2021-Present
"Wedge", CO @ 2nd United Combat Wing | 2020-Present
HawkbitAlpha
2nd United Combat Wing
2nd United Combat Wing

Re: HawkbitAlpha's Airshow Stuff

Post by HawkbitAlpha »

Got an update regarding this archive. This week, I'm going to be deleting all of my YS airshow videos from my main Youtube channel, and reuploading them to a new second channel dedicated specifically to airshow archives. All of my future airshow uploads, be it videos I've recorded myself or segments clipped from Hornet's streams, will go to this new channel as well. I'm doing so to clear up my main channel for use with other projects.

Also, new videos uploaded to the second channel won't include my typical video intro. The old ones will, since I can't be bothered to re-render those, but new videos will simply be raw clips.

HawkbitAlpha
2nd United Combat Wing
2nd United Combat Wing

Post by HawkbitAlpha »

The channel move is now complete! All of my airshow media, unless it's official content for YSMAA, will now be going to the new second channel. Why? Because I say so. That's why.

HawkbitAlpha
2nd United Combat Wing
2nd United Combat Wing

Post by HawkbitAlpha »

Huge addition to this channel: I now have a copy of all of Shiny Rice's airshow video content from 2013-2014, and fully plan on reuploading all of it to my second channel over the next couple of weeks. This is a real gold mine of material, folks, so prepare for a great look back into the past!