Northern Sea Textured map

i.e. airports, maps, race courses, carrier fleets, etc.
ALVARR
Favorite Aircraft: F-14 TOMCAT

Northern Sea Textured map

Post by ALVARR »

Screenshot16783.png
This is one of my first maps, it's just a frozen snowy island it has a simple airport, ground and sea targets, the map uses painted textures by me, no third party textures were used. This just is the initial version of the map it's not fully completed to the extent I want but ready to use and play, there are just no start positions on the aircraft carriers you can use the airport runway to get airborne or use the default start positions.

Supports endurance mode and close air support mission.

Tested on ysflight ver 20181124.

Screenshot5637.png
Modification and repaint allowed just give a mention to the original map.

Does not require custom ground object packs.

EDIT: Made on scenery editor 20180704 it may not run properly on old versions of ysflight.

EDIT: Will no longer be replying here (on this post) because I've been getting warnings for double posting (also all of them here on this very post) and don't want to get banned just joined the site and still want to hang around and contribute even if it's just a tiny bit. I obviously need to dwelve more into the forum's culture rules and adapt properly to them (possible edits of my replies below will be made to hopefully conform to the rules) until then you can still PM about the map if you need to.

To the Staff and members of the forum my sincere apologies for any rules broken. :(

Cheers ;)

EDIT: LINUX users see replies below :!:
Northern_Seav1.zip
(13.4 MiB) Downloaded 552 times
EDIT: Update... A new test version of this map is available, Northern Sea april 21 2021, will upload below as a reply.
Last edited by ALVARR on Sun Oct 16, 2022 10:50 pm, edited 11 times in total.
skatjr1204
Contributor
Contributor
Favorite Aircraft: B777/A340

Re: Northern Sea Textured map

Post by skatjr1204 »

Nice work!
it's awesome to screenshot:D :D
7483.png
Chief Executive Officer of Herven YSVA
RRP/Herven pack uploder : http://ux.getuploader.com/skatjr1204/
Herven YSVA Site : http://hervenysva.weebly.com/
Vingar Alliance site : http://vingaralliance.weebly.com/
waspe414
Staff
Staff
Favorite Aircraft: Kiowa, Mitten, Hornet

Post by waspe414 »

I love that someone is exploring the image texture options. It's always neat to see the boundaries of YS pushed.
Actual UltraViolet
Image Image
I stole your turnip. Now you must come and defend your honour. ~ Hank Green
ALVARR

Post by ALVARR »

More screens...
Attachments
Screenshot17795.png
Screenshot12175.png
Screenshot11577.png
u2fly
Senior Veteran
Senior Veteran
Favorite Aircraft: Antonov An-225 Mriya

Post by u2fly »

ALVARR wrote:Tested on ysflight ver 20181124.

Made on scenery editor 20140909 it may not run properly on old versions of ysflight.
Strange, but with YSFlight ver 20181124 under Linux only runway texture shown correctly, rest of the island texture shown only as flat white rectangle

Also in terminal output I found that YSFlight detect few "same-plane map groups" on this scenery:

Code: Select all

$ ysflight64_gl1
1 same-plane map groups.
2 same-plane map groups.
1 same-plane map groups.
2 same-plane map groups.
Waiting for thread #0 gets ready.
Thread 0 ready.
Waiting for thread #1 gets ready.
Thread 1 ready.
Waiting for thread #2 gets ready.
Thread 2 ready.
Waiting for thread #3 gets ready.
Thread 3 ready.
2 same-plane map groups.
FTR, There is already SceneryEditor ver 20180704 available

U.S. Senator John McCain wrote:“Spending #NewYearsEve w/ brave #Ukrainian Marines at a forward combat outpost
- we stand w/ them in their fight against #Putin's aggression”

pic.twitter.com/vkz0gdozVV [archived]
(31 DEC 2016)
ALVARR

Post by ALVARR »

u2fly wrote: Tue Jan 07, 2020 1:25 am Strange, but with YSFlight ver 20181124 under Linux only runway texture shown correctly, rest of the island texture shown only as flat white rectangle
Tested under windows, I have no way to test it under linux.
u2fly wrote: Tue Jan 07, 2020 1:25 am FTR, There is already SceneryEditor ver 20180704 available
knew about it and downloaded that one from there, but the version the editor reports is 20140909.
screen.png
u2fly wrote: Tue Jan 07, 2020 1:25 am Also in terminal output I found that YSFlight detect few "same-plane map groups" on this scenery:
Any suggested fix?
u2fly
Senior Veteran
Senior Veteran
Favorite Aircraft: Antonov An-225 Mriya

Post by u2fly »

ALVARR wrote: Tue Jan 07, 2020 2:10 am
u2fly wrote: Tue Jan 07, 2020 1:25 am FTR, There is already SceneryEditor ver 20180704 available
knew about it and downloaded that one from there, but the version the editor reports is 20140909.
You should ignore which version about dialog tells (Soji always forget update info in about dialogs) and use only version mentioned in ZIP name in each YSFlight/SceneryEditor distribution.

Under Linux SceneryEditor ver 20180704 shown as "20180314" (that is also mistake)
ALVARR wrote: Tue Jan 07, 2020 2:10 am Any suggested fix?
Could you upload ZIP with all original images that you use as textures — then I will try fix it.

U.S. Senator John McCain wrote:“Spending #NewYearsEve w/ brave #Ukrainian Marines at a forward combat outpost
- we stand w/ them in their fight against #Putin's aggression”

pic.twitter.com/vkz0gdozVV [archived]
(31 DEC 2016)
ALVARR

Post by ALVARR »

u2fly wrote: Tue Jan 07, 2020 3:00 am You should ignore which version about dialog tells (Soji always forget update info in about dialogs) and use only version mentioned in ZIP name in each YSFlight/SceneryEditor distribution.

Under Linux SceneryEditor ver 20180704 shown as "20180314" (that is also mistake)
u2fly wrote: Tue Jan 07, 2020 3:00 am Could you upload ZIP with all original images that you use as textures — then I will try fix it.
Thanks, I have to go now but I´ll upload them for you as soon as posible, and edit the map description too, as early as tonight or tomorrow morning. ;)

Edit: re-uploaded here: It's just the textures.
Edit: Modification/repaint (Including releasing modifications for download) or the use of these as parts in your own made ysflight maps is totally allowed given proper credit at the time of release. No commercial usage as in selling them (youtube videos usage ok ), they should remain free please.
Attachments
tex.zip
Textures only zip
(12.89 MiB) Downloaded 470 times
Last edited by ALVARR on Fri Jan 10, 2020 8:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
ALVARR

Post by ALVARR »

New version of this map. (april 21 2021)

It will overwrite the previous installed version of the map, it's not the definitive version (Work still in progress) but airport is a bit more detailed with ILS nav working better, some strange ancient structures were added (Pyramids :lol: ) and some elevations as well, plus more sites to land and take off from it´s not just one island anymore but two more. More helipads and helicopter start positions were added but there are no start positions on aircraft carriers yet :? .
EDIT: Preview:
previewyfgfg.jpg
Northern_Seav1_april21_2021.zip
(14.86 MiB) Downloaded 304 times
Edit: Forgot to mention >>> It's laid out so you can land helicopters or any VTOL aircraft on pyramids, there's also a big elevation on one of the islands where you can land without a runway, I made it that way to play emergency landings.
REMEMBER TO RELOAD FUEL BETWEEN ISLANDS!!! just look for the fuel trucks after you land, you may also call them if close enough. Map is more civil aircraft friendly now, carriers and destroyer ships are now farther away from the main landing sites, now they won't fire at you as much as because they won't be as close to you as before, but stay safe... Keep track of radar contacts.

Map works on the 2018 ysflight version it may not work on older versions or will only work partially.

To do on a future release: Finally found a way to add a huge textured land mass to the map without increasing file size and render lag while at the same time keeping the visual style, it´ll take time but it shall be included on a future update of the map :twisted: (sort of a mini north pole simulation)

Last bumped by ALVARR on Thu Apr 22, 2021 8:01 am.