The Firestorm Demo Team: From Man to Machine

HawkbitAlpha
2nd United Combat Wing
2nd United Combat Wing
Favorite Aircraft: Tristar, F-5 family

The Firestorm Demo Team: From Man to Machine

Post by HawkbitAlpha »

"You have to talk about 'The Terminator' if you're talking about artificial intelligence. I actually think that that's way off. I don't think that an artificially intelligent system that has superhuman intelligence will be violent. I do think that it will disrupt our culture." -Gray Scott

In September 2014, two pilots from Cherokee Valley, Nevada announced their plans to band together and create the most inventive, hard-hitting aerobatic duo the world had ever seen. MD5Ray01 and Prince Darkstar of the Firestorm Demo Team, as they were known, quickly became infamous with their idea of flying two replica Sukhoi Su-47s - the cobalt blue-accented "Stratoblade" and blazing ruby-red "Darkfire" - for the purpose. Ultimately, the FDT was never to be due to truly strange circumstances as, before the team could make its public debut at the YSIA 2014, Darkstar mysteriously disappeared along with the Su-47 Darkfire, never to be seen again.

Now, more than six years later, another duo of aircraft has appeared - these two also called the Firestorm Demo Team, flying two X-29s in light blue and gold: the "Excelsius" and "Agnikaze". The most important difference, as far as we can tell, is that unlike the original Firestormers, these two X-29s have no human pilots. Their origins are an anomaly to plane spotters and government officials alike, but one thing is for sure: they aim to fly as the original Firestorm Demo Team would have, but with none of the human limitations.

Manager, Host, Pilot @ VCAP Aerobatics | 2021-Present
"Wedge", CO @ 2nd United Combat Wing | 2020-Present