HawkbitAlpha's Airshow Stuff - Replays Edition

Have a YFS file/replay to share with us? Post it here!
HawkbitAlpha
2nd United Combat Wing
2nd United Combat Wing
Favorite Aircraft: Tristar, F-5 family

HawkbitAlpha's Airshow Stuff - Replays Edition

Post by HawkbitAlpha »

Somehow, it took me this long to remember that HQ had a section specifically for posting replays. With that in mind, I'm making this thread as a counterpart to my existing one dedicated to posting videos and other media of previous YS airshows. This one will be all about preserving the various replay files I've either saved or dug up elsewhere.

Note that these are, for the most part, totally unmodified, and may be liable to not work if they include mods that either aren't available anymore, or have been renamed. If this happens, be sure to crack open the file with a text editor and change the name of the offending mod to the next closest thing.

MY COLLECTION:
OTHER ARCHIVES:

Manager, Host, Pilot @ VCAP Aerobatics | 2021-Present
"Wedge", CO @ 2nd United Combat Wing | 2020-Present
HawkbitAlpha
2nd United Combat Wing
2nd United Combat Wing
Favorite Aircraft: Tristar, F-5 family

Re: HawkbitAlpha's Airshow Stuff - Replays Edition

Post by HawkbitAlpha »

Thanks to Skipper, we now have a very interesting addition to this collection: a replay of the 2006 YSP Airshow, which is the first known one of them all in YS history! I've reached out to Scarecrow for comments on this one, and here's what he had to say:
Scarecrow wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2023 10:31 pm Wow! You just uncovered an ancient ruin. I remember seeing a single screenshot from this show. I think the majority were stock aircraft. I very faintly recall when this took place but it was about a year before I dove in as an active user. I would’ve been starting 6th grade.

This may just be the first ever recorded public YS airshow, and the beginning of how all other shows followed even 15+ years later. The only difference was everyone sat on the ramp and watched others fly. The YSBA Easter show took place after this in the spring of 2007 but was more of a short invitational event with the YSBA being the primary product. (We just released the replay files for people to watch.) Wings over Atsugi was the first show I hosted solo in summer of 2007 complete with Teamspeak, and as far as I know, was the second public invite show, following only to the YSP 2006 show you have here. Pretty crazy!
And on some of the participants whose names came up in the file:
Scarecrow wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2023 10:31 pm I remember the 241st players well, including Welino. zyb3z was a regular participant and together with tommy909808 consisted of the first YS Virtual Blue Angels team. I remember it being a bit difficult to get them to relinquish the reigns for what would later be the YSBA at the time. They had their own forum section on YSP1.

Spike was a big supporter of the early shows and flew a fair deal through 2008 if I recall correctly. Luckybeargod was an established and respected user when I arrived in 2007, so it’s a bit surprising to see him on this list but I’m not surprised. G.A.F. stood for German Air Force. If it had an iron cross on it p!ko! would fly it.
The download for this is listed above, under the "other archives" section. I've included in it both the original, and an edit I made to replace all of the included mod aircraft (some of which are most likely lost to history) and the map (an edit of Naha Airport) to their stock equivalents.

Manager, Host, Pilot @ VCAP Aerobatics | 2021-Present
"Wedge", CO @ 2nd United Combat Wing | 2020-Present
Skipper
Rookie
Rookie
Favorite Aircraft: Spitfire/F-15E

Re: HawkbitAlpha's Airshow Stuff - Replays Edition

Post by Skipper »

Ah, so I do actually have all the original aircraft still installed on my instance of YSFLIGHT (and the map), so if you're missing any, give me a shout.
Host of YSRP: YSRP.co.uk - YS Role Play Server