YSFlight general discussion & everything in between
hedzup456
Rookie
Rookie
Favorite Aircraft: Airbus A380

Re: YS fantasy wishlist

Post by hedzup456 »

Multi engine support-
I.E: you are a 747. press (for example) VBNM to start(or stop) engines.
Q/A to throttle up/down for engine 1, nmpad 7/NMP4 for engine 2, ect, ect, hold hift and Q/A would do all?
That kind of thing.
I have a secret to tell you...
[spoiler][spoiler][spoiler][spoiler][spoiler][spoiler][spoiler][spoiler][spoiler][spoiler][spoiler][spoiler][spoiler][spoiler][spoiler][spoiler][spoiler][spoiler][spoiler][spoiler][spoiler][spoiler][spoiler][spoiler][spoiler][spoiler][spoiler][spoiler][spoiler][spoiler][spoiler]Hi. Look at the mess you've made, clear up all these spoilers![/spoiler][/spoiler][/spoiler][/spoiler][/spoiler][/spoiler][/spoiler][/spoiler][/spoiler][/spoiler][/spoiler][/spoiler][/spoiler][/spoiler][/spoiler][/spoiler][/spoiler][/spoiler][/spoiler][/spoiler][/spoiler][/spoiler][/spoiler][/spoiler][/spoiler][/spoiler][/spoiler][/spoiler][/spoiler][/spoiler][/spoiler]
Honey Badger
57th Polyvalent Sq
57th Polyvalent Sq
Favorite Aircraft: Anything that gets off the ground

Post by Honey Badger »

definitely engine start/stop, but select engines rather always individual control.
Crazypilot
Honorary Contributor
Honorary Contributor
Favorite Aircraft: Cheese

Post by Crazypilot »

1.Have a co-pilot who could even control the plane if the captain presses a button and he has control of airplane(Through observer mode)BTW Idea from FSX.

2.You hear a voice say:Locked when you lock on to something like the gear up sound in Sound Pack v1 or a wingman saying something after you give him an order

3.You are in attack formation and are not logged onto TS right now.You can not spare even a moment to stop and type to communicate with them.
THEN THAT QUICK MESSAGE SERVICE IS FOR YOU!It is like the autopilot and AI wingman menu.You press a button and some options come up in the corner of your screen with each option having it's own button.You can send them pre-typed messages from here.
E.g
Some guy:Break and attack.
Some guy's wingman:Roger
Some Guy:Watch My Back
Some guy's wingman:Roger now shut up.
(Messages could be preprogrammed with all alphabets and other numbers and etc. buttons that can be programmed be the limit.)
What I am saying is you can type messages before a dogfight or a moment when you cannot type you could use this.

4.Proper radar.
DavideV
Contributor
Contributor
Favorite Aircraft: Aermacchi MB339, Piaggio P.180 Avanti

Post by DavideV »

Shutter wrote:Both of those exist. Simple hud.
Whoa, I didn't even remember the simple HUD! :D
.Dats explain all the functions.
Might you name an airplane whose .DAT has HUD specifications? I've tried on some on my folder, but they're definitely too many to make a deep research... :roll:
hedzup456 wrote:Multi engine support-
I.E: you are a 747. press (for example) VBNM to start(or stop) engines.
Q/A to throttle up/down for engine 1, nmpad 7/NMP4 for engine 2, ect, ect, hold hift and Q/A would do all?
That kind of thing.
We'd find ourselves suddendly out of keys to get functions assigned to! :D

Unless we had multiple keys assignment... ;)
"The only job where you start at the top is digging a hole" (from TinyTower BitBook)
Honey Badger
57th Polyvalent Sq
57th Polyvalent Sq

Post by Honey Badger »

Crazypilot wrote:1.Have a co-pilot who could even control the plane if the captain presses a button and he has control of airplane(Through observer mode)BTW Idea from FSX.
Crazypilot wrote:3.You are in attack formation and are not logged onto TS right now.You can not spare even a moment to stop and type to communicate with them.
THEN THAT QUICK MESSAGE SERVICE IS FOR YOU!It is like the autopilot and AI wingman menu.You press a button and some options come up in the corner of your screen with each option having it's own button.You can send them pre-typed messages from here.
E.g
(Messages could be preprogrammed with all alphabets and other numbers and etc. buttons that can be programmed be the limit.)
What I am saying is you can type messages before a dogfight or a moment when you cannot type you could use this.

4.Proper radar.
All possible in Flightgear. Would be nice to see in YS.
Midnight Rambler
Staff
Staff
Favorite Aircraft: F-16

Post by Midnight Rambler »

Crazypilot wrote:1.Have a co-pilot who could even control the plane if the captain presses a button and he has control of airplane(Through observer mode)BTW Idea from FSX.

2.You hear a voice say:Locked when you lock on to something like the gear up sound in Sound Pack v1 or a wingman saying something after you give him an order

3.You are in attack formation and are not logged onto TS right now.You can not spare even a moment to stop and type to communicate with them.
E.g

4.Proper radar.
I like number 3, possibility to make/modify file to create your own messages.
hedzup456
Rookie
Rookie

Post by hedzup456 »

DavideV wrote:We'd find ourselves suddendly out of keys to get functions assigned to! :D

Unless we had multiple keys assignment... ;)
I have gear/brakes/spoilers on g.
and half of my buttons are on my joystick.
I could happily double up alot of my commands, and for me, keys 67890 arefree.
I only have flaps 100%down or 100%up.
I hjave alot of spare keys, and am planning on getting rudeer pedals and another joystick for christmas, so I will have more buttons, and slightly more keyboard space.
[spoiler][spoiler][spoiler][spoiler][spoiler][spoiler][spoiler][spoiler][spoiler][spoiler][spoiler][spoiler][spoiler][spoiler][spoiler][spoiler][spoiler][spoiler][spoiler][spoiler][spoiler][spoiler][spoiler][spoiler][spoiler][spoiler][spoiler][spoiler][spoiler][spoiler][spoiler]Hi. Look at the mess you've made, clear up all these spoilers![/spoiler][/spoiler][/spoiler][/spoiler][/spoiler][/spoiler][/spoiler][/spoiler][/spoiler][/spoiler][/spoiler][/spoiler][/spoiler][/spoiler][/spoiler][/spoiler][/spoiler][/spoiler][/spoiler][/spoiler][/spoiler][/spoiler][/spoiler][/spoiler][/spoiler][/spoiler][/spoiler][/spoiler][/spoiler][/spoiler][/spoiler]
Crazypilot
Honorary Contributor
Honorary Contributor

Post by Crazypilot »

ATC In YSFlight like TS and there are different channels for every airports(One for taxiiing,take off and landing)
DavideV
Contributor
Contributor

Post by DavideV »

So, when you put the gear down you also have full spoiler? That's not exactly how things should work, especially for airliners, but I know... this is a game and bla bla bla...

BTW, when I told multiple keys I was thinking about something like CTRL+A for example (and I realized you wrote it, but I didn't read it the first time).
"The only job where you start at the top is digging a hole" (from TinyTower BitBook)
Honey Badger
57th Polyvalent Sq
57th Polyvalent Sq

Post by Honey Badger »

Simple. Use caps and control. That triples the number of keys.
hedzup456
Rookie
Rookie

Post by hedzup456 »

yup.
and CTRL A (ect) means you have double the amount, Shift A (ect) triple CTRL+SHIFT A (ect) quadruple.
lots of keys :~D
waspe414
Staff
Staff
Favorite Aircraft: Kiowa, Mitten, Hornet

Post by waspe414 »

Unified control system for both Scenedit and Gepoly (zoom being both Z/M and Shit+Both mouse buttons, movement being arrows and Shift+Left mouse, etc.), and single button selections for functions such as vertex, polygon, move, rorate, etc.

Really confusing switching between the two.
Actual UltraViolet
Image Image
I stole your turnip. Now you must come and defend your honour. ~ Hank Green
Honey Badger
57th Polyvalent Sq
57th Polyvalent Sq

Post by Honey Badger »

hedzup456 wrote:yup.
and CTRL A (ect) means you have double the amount, Shift A (ect) triple CTRL+SHIFT A (ect) quadruple.
try to avoid ctrl+alt+delete.
DavideV
Contributor
Contributor

Post by DavideV »

aragorn15 wrote:
hedzup456 wrote:yup.
try to avoid ctrl+alt+delete.
...or ALT+F4 :mrgreen:
Crazypilot
Honorary Contributor
Honorary Contributor

Post by Crazypilot »

Maybe if sojji read all these posts and did a few of them.oooh a dream come true!
vandal
Veteran
Veteran
Favorite Aircraft: Tornado GR4

Post by vandal »

CrazyPilot, Soji has a life of his own and it is not to respond to your every will and request.
Awesome 171st pilot
A member from yesteryear!
Also known as Princess Vandel
hedzup456
Rookie
Rookie

Post by hedzup456 »

waspe414 wrote:...and Shit+Both...
be careful what you type lol
also, with the ctrl alt del, i know, i dont use del anyway (its my teamspeak speak button)...
Crazypilot
Honorary Contributor
Honorary Contributor

Post by Crazypilot »

More control over your wingmen(AI) like keep flying on straight or ''aerobatic mode'' when some numbers trigger your AI doing something and they are very tight on your tail and do not break formation no matter what.
NavyGator
Veteran
Veteran
Favorite Aircraft: Prop-Driven civil

Post by NavyGator »

I've been reading some posts around the site about wind on the servers.
I have an idea. Although I'm not sure this couldn't be done as a ground item. Has anyone done any type of wind-sock/wind-indicator? I know I've set wind a few times and later couldn't remember what direction it was coming from as I approached the airfields. Please don't tell me this is already fixed somehow and I haven't been observant enough to have seen it.
Any comments or suggestions?
DavideV
Contributor
Contributor

Post by DavideV »

NavyGator wrote:I've been reading some posts around the site about wind on the servers.
I have an idea. Although I'm not sure this couldn't be done as a ground item. Has anyone done any type of wind-sock/wind-indicator? I know I've set wind a few times and later couldn't remember what direction it was coming from as I approached the airfields. Please don't tell me this is already fixed somehow and I haven't been observant enough to have seen it.
Any comments or suggestions?
The YSPS server has a function that when you type /metar in the default chat you get a METAR string (except wind direction showed is 180 degrees inverted).