saab gripen

YSFlight addon development, questions, tutorials, & more!
Post Reply
eject
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 70
Joined: Wed Aug 24, 2011 10:45 pm
Favorite Aircraft: [eject]757-200alitalia
Has thanked: 28 times
Been thanked: 12 times

saab gripen

Post by eject » Wed Sep 14, 2011 10:30 am

actually im working on the default gripen from ysflight and i have made transparent canopy i made by myself the cockpit and i changed some thing in the .dat to make the airplane fly more stable and enjoy my work and this time i will make a good addon with no errors in it and enjoy :D [previmg]http://www.yspilots.com/yspf/download/file.php?id=1871[/previmg]
one thing how can i change the view position in the cockpit??

User avatar
Midnight Rambler
Staff
Staff
Posts: 2120
Joined: Thu Feb 10, 2011 11:08 pm
Favorite Aircraft: F-16
Location: Australia
OS: Windows 10
Has thanked: 259 times
Been thanked: 360 times

Re: saab gripen

Post by Midnight Rambler » Wed Sep 14, 2011 11:35 am

eject wrote:...
one thing how can i change the view position in the cockpit??
Use this one to change the view of cockpit:
COCKPITP 0.0m 0.0m 0.0m - States the position (X, Y, Z) of the 'cockpit' when in the game. This is the position when you press F1, the main viewing camera.
And this to add another view:
EXCAMERA "NAME" 0.0m 0.0m 0.0m 0deg 0deg 0deg - States the position (X, Y, Z) and angle (X, Y, Z) of additional view points in the game. This is the position when you press F1 again, another view point.
Try this for some more .dat information.

Looks good so far, though :)
Image

User avatar
iqmal_97
Senior Veteran
Senior Veteran
Posts: 1765
Joined: Fri Mar 11, 2011 8:47 am
Favorite Aircraft: Sukhoi Su-30MKM
Location: Somewhere in Asia
OS: Windows 10
Has thanked: 767 times
Been thanked: 191 times
Contact:

Re: saab gripen

Post by iqmal_97 » Wed Sep 14, 2011 12:17 pm

And i recommend you to put more gradients on those AB's. Other than that, it's a thumbs up 4 you.
Image
[N007HA]Nynaiqmal_97 <= My usual online callsign
Mein Imgur gallery. Feel free to use any of my screenshots (Crediting me is optional, but greatly appreciated)

User avatar
Gunny
Business Class Membership
Business Class Membership
Posts: 3224
Joined: Sun Feb 06, 2011 6:17 pm
Favorite Aircraft: Any thing with a prop.
Location: New Iberia.LA.
OS: Windows XP SP3
Has thanked: 575 times
Been thanked: 731 times

Re: saab gripen

Post by Gunny » Wed Sep 14, 2011 12:46 pm

My friend some error are inevitable with the learning curve.So if they happen just call it a learning experience and go on from there.Even some of our best moders make errors.Just do the best you can with the knowledge you have.
The main thing is are you having fun doing it?If the answer is yes than thats all that matters.When I make my scenery's I don't do it for praise I do it because its fun for me and if other people like it well that just a bonus. :D
And I agree with iqmal_97 the after burners need some attention. ;)

eject
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 70
Joined: Wed Aug 24, 2011 10:45 pm
Favorite Aircraft: [eject]757-200alitalia
Has thanked: 28 times
Been thanked: 12 times

Re: saab gripen

Post by eject » Wed Sep 14, 2011 3:52 pm

Gunny wrote:My friend some error are inevitable with the learning curve.So if they happen just call it a learning experience and go on from there.Even some of our best moders make errors.Just do the best you can with the knowledge you have.
The main thing is are you having fun doing it?If the answer is yes than thats all that matters.When I make my scenery's I don't do it for praise I do it because its fun for me and if other people like it well that just a bonus. :D
And I agree with iqmal_97 the after burners need some attention. ;)
yeah i really love spending time repainting and creating things in blender and yeah ill try to do the afterburner better il post the images shortly and wait who can post an image of a good afterburne in ysflight? pls

User avatar
Martin-Dutchie
Contributor
Contributor
Posts: 482
Joined: Sun Feb 06, 2011 5:13 pm
Favorite Aircraft: F-20A Tigershark
Location: Somewhere between the dykes
Has thanked: 55 times
Been thanked: 38 times

Re: saab gripen

Post by Martin-Dutchie » Wed Sep 14, 2011 5:31 pm

Check the Birdfarm afterburners. These have fixed colors and gradients, so these are easy to copy. I do recommend to only use the colors and transparency level, and make the afterburner yourself. So make the mesh yourself, but inherit those colors and transparency levels.

eject
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 70
Joined: Wed Aug 24, 2011 10:45 pm
Favorite Aircraft: [eject]757-200alitalia
Has thanked: 28 times
Been thanked: 12 times

Re: saab gripen

Post by eject » Wed Sep 14, 2011 6:03 pm

Martin-Dutchie wrote:Check the Birdfarm afterburners. These have fixed colors and gradients, so these are easy to copy. I do recommend to only use the colors and transparency level, and make the afterburner yourself. So make the mesh yourself, but inherit those colors and transparency levels.
i haved a look at all my planes with afterburner on ysflight an i saw the best one for me was something like that ppl tell me if its ok
ok???[previmg]http://img51.imageshack.us/img51/4830/newqtf.jpg[/previmg]

User avatar
waspe414
Staff
Staff
Posts: 1250
Joined: Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:35 pm
Favorite Aircraft: CH-136 Kiowa, Yak-130 Mitten
Location: Canada
Has thanked: 115 times
Been thanked: 215 times

Re: saab gripen

Post by waspe414 » Wed Sep 14, 2011 6:12 pm

Rather than going from white to dark, I'd suggest starting with a very bright orange, yellow, or blue (depending on the afterburner), and increasing the transparency on each section. That way it goes from bright to gone, rather than having a large brown section at the back.
Actual UltraViolet
Image Image
Image
I stole your turnip. Now you must come and defend your honour. ~ Hank Green

eject
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 70
Joined: Wed Aug 24, 2011 10:45 pm
Favorite Aircraft: [eject]757-200alitalia
Has thanked: 28 times
Been thanked: 12 times

Re: saab gripen

Post by eject » Wed Sep 14, 2011 6:22 pm

waspe414 wrote:Rather than going from white to dark, I'd suggest starting with a very bright orange, yellow, or blue (depending on the afterburner), and increasing the transparency on each section. That way it goes from bright to gone, rather than having a large brown section at the back.
yeah i know but im not so experimented in that if u could help me doing an image of the afterburne with right colors pls??

User avatar
Crazypilot
Honorary Contributor
Honorary Contributor
Posts: 2578
Joined: Wed Jun 22, 2011 4:22 pm
Favorite Aircraft: F-16C
Location: Pakistan
Has thanked: 192 times
Been thanked: 92 times
Contact:

Re: saab gripen

Post by Crazypilot » Thu Sep 15, 2011 10:19 am

May I suggest some decals and tail art?To be honest that afterburner doesn't look so good.
Boneless Pizza

User avatar
iqmal_97
Senior Veteran
Senior Veteran
Posts: 1765
Joined: Fri Mar 11, 2011 8:47 am
Favorite Aircraft: Sukhoi Su-30MKM
Location: Somewhere in Asia
OS: Windows 10
Has thanked: 767 times
Been thanked: 191 times
Contact:

Re: saab gripen

Post by iqmal_97 » Thu Sep 15, 2011 3:35 pm

Take a look at the CVW-171''s, or the Birdfarm planes, they are many great examples out there.
Image
[N007HA]Nynaiqmal_97 <= My usual online callsign
Mein Imgur gallery. Feel free to use any of my screenshots (Crediting me is optional, but greatly appreciated)

eject
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 70
Joined: Wed Aug 24, 2011 10:45 pm
Favorite Aircraft: [eject]757-200alitalia
Has thanked: 28 times
Been thanked: 12 times

Re: saab gripen

Post by eject » Thu Sep 15, 2011 6:47 pm

Crazypilot wrote:May I suggest some decals and tail art?To be honest that afterburner doesn't look so good.
yeah crazypilot make them in srf files or just put an image on it and ill try to do it

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests