Creating a DMN. from many srfs.

YSFlight addon development, questions, tutorials, & more!
Philster
Veteran
Veteran
Favorite Aircraft: Boeing 747

Creating a DMN. from many srfs.

Post by Philster »

I've been messing around with aircrafts lately, but I have run into something I can seem to do properly. Using dmnexp from raptor's scripts, I have been able to divided the models into separate srfs. Well, the problem is I can't seem to get the model back together properly. I tried using makednm from the scripts but the hierarchy always seems to be messed up. I'm pretty sure I am doing this wrong and there is a much easier way to separate srf. I know of PatrickN's tutorial, but the process it follows seems a bit lengthy. However, I may have to do it in the end.
241st Shadow Hunter
Team Awesome # 241
Soji wrote:They were the last birds who could have been arrested for the criminal negligence.
Iceman
Core Staff
Core Staff
Favorite Aircraft: F-16C Viper

Re: Creating a DMN. from many srfs.

Post by Iceman »

When you DNMEXP'ed the DNM, did you notice a file that began with _dnmexp_?

That's what I like to call the "blueprint" dnm. It's the empty file generated by the DNMEXP script that has all the DNM position/hierarchy info in it WITH NO SRF DATA.

The reason this is important is because the DNM will take SRF data first from the file, then from it's directory. If you have a FIL line referring to the name of some SRF not found in the DNM, the game (or DNMViewer) will look for a file of that name in the dirctory the DNM is in.

So basically, you DNMEXP the main DNM, edit what you need, then open up the _dnmexp DNM in DNMViewer. If all goes well you should have a new DNM with your edits. Change/add/create/restructure the SRFs as you see fit, save it (but remove _dnmexp), then reexplode it and continue.

It is wise to form the habit of DNMEXPing after every save, so that way there are "backups" of an SRF inside the main DNM in the off chance you should fuck up an SRF.
You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '' at line 1
Homie I'll SQL YOUR syntax