Acrobatics Offline

YSFlight general discussion & everything in between
AirshowFan1
Favorite Aircraft: F-16C Block 52

Acrobatics Offline

Post by AirshowFan1 » Tue Nov 15, 2011 10:41 pm

A while back on youtube I saw people doing complex acrobatic (formation as well) maneuveres while offline. I just can't figure it out. Any help appreciated.

Honey Badger
57th Polyvalent Sq
57th Polyvalent Sq
Favorite Aircraft: Anything that gets off the ground

Re: Acrobatics Offline

Post by Honey Badger » Tue Nov 15, 2011 10:51 pm

1). Manual formations. Fly normally and after that click "Simulations" then "Select Airplane". Choose an airplane and then click ok. YS will pull up the choose start position menu. Select one and click okay. 0Te first thing you should notice is that the "Fly Now" button on the main menu in "Clickable". Click it and boom. You are flying in the recording. In other words, the previous aircraft will be moving around as if you were watching the recording. Except you will be flying a new aircraft with that existing one. Please note two things. 1). You can't start from the same position as the existing aircraft. 2). Every thing is invincible. The object has to be in certain places at certain times so you can't kill ground objects or aircraft. That can only be done if the first time you fly. Just be careful (or turn off collisions).

2). PRACTICE!!!! TF58's "Coldlake" map is perfect for practicing formations. Use the "ShowStart" positions to get the hang of it.
USAF Computer Systems Programmer (3D0X4)
"Powerpoint Ranger"

Kilo 11
Veteran
Veteran
Favorite Aircraft: Supermarine Spitfire

Post by Kilo 11 » Wed Nov 16, 2011 12:57 am

It is good to see people interested in aerobatics :) The YS aerobatic community is growing stronger and that means shows are getting better and better.
Basically, what aragorn said is pretty much it. All the formation flying you see around here is replays, if theres only 2 or 3 aircraft its possible to fly the routine live. Thats why most of us prefer to do solo displays, but if you are into 3+ ship formation thats just great man! Practice is the key.
https://www.facebook.com/vnafairfest?fref=ts
VNAF AirFest staff 2012-2016
Virtual display pilot

AirshowFan1

Post by AirshowFan1 » Wed Nov 16, 2011 3:50 am

Ever since I've been going to airshows (1995) and ever since I started YSFlight (2002) Iv always wanted to see what its like to be an acrobatic pilot. Thanks both of you and I'll be sure to try that map out. These are the 3 best pics I've taken from flying formation offline:
Taking off in Fingertip formation

Exiting the Immelmann Turn

Diamond Pass In Review

Just showing you all that I can do at the moment offline I'm going to try expanding it a bit more with high bombursts, echelon passes, etc. I know it'll be a bit of a challenge but I know It'll look awesome!

Kilo 11
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Kilo 11 » Wed Nov 16, 2011 4:15 am

AirshowFan1 wrote:Ever since I've been going to airshows (1995) and ever since I started YSFlight (2002) Iv always wanted to see what its like to be an acrobatic pilot. Thanks both of you and I'll be sure to try that map out. These are the 3 best pics I've taken from flying formation offline:
Taking off in Fingertip formation

Exiting the Immelmann Turn

Diamond Pass In Review

Just showing you all that I can do at the moment offline I'm going to try expanding it a bit more with high bombursts, echelon passes, etc. I know it'll be a bit of a challenge but I know It'll look awesome!

Man you started pretty good! those are some awesome screenies. Maybe you can resurrect the T-birds or even create your own team :) You are doing just great. We'll have a couple of shows coming soon, one on november 26 and the other on december.
Virtual display pilot

AirshowFan1

Post by AirshowFan1 » Wed Nov 16, 2011 4:38 am

That actually sounds like a great Idea, maybe I can ressurect the YS Thunderbirds, ya never know! I'll look into it. :)
Thanks! I'll also try to attend both airshows, and take some more screenies if possible.

Flake
Core Staff
Core Staff
Favorite Aircraft: Boeing F/A-18A

Post by Flake » Wed Nov 16, 2011 5:31 am

I'd fly with you. That's fantastic work!

Have a crack at the 5 card loop. :)
I am an accountant working full-time (and some). I'm not here as often as I would like to be. Send a message if you need me. There are a few people in the community who can get in contact with me urgently if you need - don't be afraid to ask. I just don't check here as frequently as I used to. Sorry!

plunderbird
Contributor
Contributor
Favorite Aircraft: F5 A10 SR71

Post by plunderbird » Wed Nov 16, 2011 2:32 pm

aragorn15 wrote: Manual formations. Fly normally and after that click "Simulations" then "Select Airplane". Choose an airplane and then click ok. YS will pull up the choose start position menu. Select one and click okay. 0Te first thing you should notice is that the "Fly Now" button on the main menu in "Clickable". Click it and boom. You are flying in the recording. In other words, the previous aircraft will be moving around as if you were watching the recording. Except you will be flying a new aircraft with that existing one. Please note two things. 1). You can't start from the same position as the existing aircraft. 2). Every thing is invincible. The object has to be in certain places at certain times so you can't kill ground objects or aircraft. That can only be done if the first time you fly. Just be careful (or turn off collisions).
So in theory you could bild up a large formation. If you flew from somewhere with two or more runways. If they all had six start positions.

But youl'd be limited by the aircraft number preset, as a maximum. 16, I beleve. So a recreation of the normal 'Black Arrows' Hunter team, could be possable. :)
Fliped out of the arena, again! :(

Phoenix
Legend
Legend
Favorite Aircraft: Sr-71

Post by Phoenix » Wed Nov 16, 2011 2:34 pm

I have flown offline with 21 aircraft, 20 being AI.

Timmayx
Contributor
Contributor
Favorite Aircraft: English Electric Lightning

Post by Timmayx » Wed Nov 16, 2011 4:22 pm

However, you'd need to fly all the jets to do the famous 22 Hunter loop .
"Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones. "

Honey Badger
57th Polyvalent Sq
57th Polyvalent Sq
Favorite Aircraft: Anything that gets off the ground

Post by Honey Badger » Wed Nov 16, 2011 6:16 pm

The number of aircraft is the same as the number of start positions.
USAF Computer Systems Programmer (3D0X4)
"Powerpoint Ranger"

Phoenix
Legend
Legend
Favorite Aircraft: Sr-71

Post by Phoenix » Wed Nov 16, 2011 6:27 pm

take the .yfs file, change it.

Kilo 11
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Kilo 11 » Wed Nov 16, 2011 8:46 pm

AirshowFan1 wrote:That actually sounds like a great Idea, maybe I can ressurect the YS Thunderbirds, ya never know! I'll look into it. :)
Thanks! I'll also try to attend both airshows, and take some more screenies if possible.
Its good to run into people that have such enthusiasm for airshows and aerobatic flying. I enjoyed the pics you posted on your introduction thread man, pretty awesome work.
It would be terrific to see the YS T-Birds alive and flying at any show anytime soon so if you want this just go for it. Teams with more than 3 aircraft are scarce around here so you can imagine how greatly appreciated this project would be by people like me. I look forward to see you at any airshow. Good luck! ;)
Virtual display pilot