Current Projects

YSFlight addon development, questions, tutorials, & more!
Shutter

Re: Current Projects

Post by Shutter » Wed Dec 14, 2011 1:23 pm

Awesome.

That place looks like the ultimate evil villain lair entrypoint too :lol:

Shutter

Re: Current Projects

Post by Shutter » Wed Dec 14, 2011 10:38 pm

Image

Ice and I have started a project for a unified, updated tutorial on how to make an aircraft from scratch, using all the most convenient freely available tools. This is an F9f panther I made for this purpose in about 45~ minutes. Not perfect but it demonstrates all the techniques modders need.


Also my reference is terrible.

User avatar
VNAF ONE
Senior Veteran
Senior Veteran
Posts: 2143
Joined: Fri Feb 11, 2011 2:16 am
Favorite Aircraft: A-10C Thunderbolt II
Location: Indiana/Florida
OS: Windows 10
Has thanked: 229 times
Been thanked: 404 times

Re: Current Projects

Post by VNAF ONE » Wed Dec 14, 2011 11:50 pm

Didn't someone already make Johnston Atoll in ys? It's an older map but looks good if I remember correctly.
VNAF Aerobatics Commanding Officer and Founder - - - YSAS Member - - - YS Aerobatic Pilot
YS ACC A-10 East Coast Demo Team pilot - - - B-1B Razor Demo Team pilot
VFA-49 GhostHawks Commanding Officer
Image

User avatar
NavyGator
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 637
Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2011 6:34 am
Favorite Aircraft: Prop-Driven civil
Location: near Airport HXD
Has thanked: 25 times
Been thanked: 57 times

Re: Current Projects

Post by NavyGator » Thu Dec 15, 2011 6:21 am

VNAF ONE wrote:Didn't someone already make
Johnston Atoll in ys? It's an older map but looks
good if I remember correctly.
Well, I'll be darned, no, I don't recall having scene it :!:
It must be quite a well-kept map (kept away I mean)
I'd like to think I'd've noticed it if I had run across it.
But I'll look for it anyway. Thanks for the heads-up.

Edit: Okay, Yup, looks like Styk did it already, That's great.
I guess I did overlook that one after all, I've gotta be more careful.
Now that I know where it is, I'll put it on my list of DL's to do.
Okay, Now, back to the Drawing Board.
Image

User avatar
Shiny Rice
57th Polyvalent Sq
57th Polyvalent Sq
Posts: 1389
Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2011 3:28 pm
Favorite Aircraft: Su-35
Has thanked: 28 times
Been thanked: 42 times

Re: Current Projects

Post by Shiny Rice » Thu Dec 15, 2011 4:12 pm

Shutter wrote:Image

Ice and I have started a project for a unified, updated tutorial on how to make an aircraft from scratch, using all the most convenient freely available tools. This is an F9f panther I made for this purpose in about 45~ minutes. Not perfect but it demonstrates all the techniques modders need.


Also my reference is terrible.
Well, I tried my hand several times at scratch modeling, and seems that the last one goes the right way. Although a tut would be awesome to me.
And about your reference, you're right about that. :lol:
CO of the 57th Cloud Rippers
"We rip those clouds apart so you can see the sun!"
Now 100% more decomissioned!

User avatar
Neocon
First Class Membership
First Class Membership
Posts: 3753
Joined: Wed Oct 19, 2011 5:01 am
Favorite Aircraft: Baron 58
Location: Tennessee
OS: Win Vista
Has thanked: 1535 times
Been thanked: 1661 times
Contact:

Re: Current Projects

Post by Neocon » Fri Dec 16, 2011 9:02 pm

I decided to give Project: USA48 another try. It won't have mountains because they won't show up correctly. That means everything is at sea level. SeaTac, Bangor, Miami, LA, and lots of stuff in between. I made special VOR units that have super range. You will be able to pick up all of them from the center of the map.

Image

Shutter

Re: Current Projects

Post by Shutter » Fri Dec 16, 2011 9:13 pm

Holy crap.

User avatar
Honey Badger
57th Polyvalent Sq
57th Polyvalent Sq
Posts: 1843
Joined: Thu Jun 30, 2011 8:17 pm
Favorite Aircraft: Anything that gets off the ground
Location: From Louisiana, stationed in Alabama
Has thanked: 226 times
Been thanked: 69 times

Re: Current Projects

Post by Honey Badger » Fri Dec 16, 2011 9:16 pm

You said it. :shock:
USAF Computer Systems Programmer (3D0X4)
"Powerpoint Ranger"

User avatar
Gunny
Business Class Membership
Business Class Membership
Posts: 3195
Joined: Sun Feb 06, 2011 6:17 pm
Favorite Aircraft: Any thing with a prop.
Location: New Iberia.LA.
OS: Windows XP SP3
Has thanked: 545 times
Been thanked: 690 times

Re: Current Projects

Post by Gunny » Sat Dec 17, 2011 3:58 am

Patrick feel free to use any of the airprorts in the WV map if you want.And you may want to move Syracuse to NY farther NW toward lake Ontario. ;)
Image[/align=centre]

User avatar
Neocon
First Class Membership
First Class Membership
Posts: 3753
Joined: Wed Oct 19, 2011 5:01 am
Favorite Aircraft: Baron 58
Location: Tennessee
OS: Win Vista
Has thanked: 1535 times
Been thanked: 1661 times
Contact:

Re: Current Projects

Post by Neocon » Sat Dec 17, 2011 6:37 am

The reference map I used is a little blury, but using the lakes that I have in the Syracuse map as a reference, it looks right according to Google, which as we all know is always right. Even when it is wrong, it changes reality so it becomes right. :lol: I'll check again. I haven't added Bangor to the map, and I think I have maps from the Carolinas and Monument Valley somewhere around here. Should I use your modified version of Syracuse while I'm adjusting it?

My plan right now is to finish the map with only airports that I have created. It is sort of a "greatest hits" map. I want to add, but have to make, Oklahoma City, St. Louis, and at least one western airport around Montana or Wyoming. SeaTac, Miami, Bangor, OKC, STL, and the unselected western airport will not have anything but the airport facilities. Once I started adding full maps, loading times got longer and longer. I don't know how this map is going to work on other computers, but with high graphics settings in the game I'm getting about 8 fps, which is less than half what I normally get in maps like New Hawaii, Azores, or Marianas.

As I was typing this, I also came up with another idea. I want to add a little thing I came up with a couple of days ago. I'm on a different computer now, but when I get back to the main computer I'll get a picture of it. It will be an enemy location that is heavily defended with my new missile silos and AA guns. Where should I add this enemy position? The desert, Detroit (which will require another airport), Atlanta (which will also require another airport), somewhere else? I'll take suggestions, but it has to be within a reasonable distance of a location already in or planned for the map.

So many ideas, so little time. I really want this thing released this year. Once it is out , I might expand it with the works of others who have offered their maps over the years.

This was inspired by the Stonehenge facility, but is not, in any way, supposed to be a replica.
ImageImageImage

Shutter

Re: Current Projects

Post by Shutter » Sat Dec 17, 2011 6:41 am

That base thing is actually pretty cool.

NoFear526

Re: Current Projects

Post by NoFear526 » Sat Dec 17, 2011 8:48 am

What am i doing now is Air Philippines 737-2oo & 300. Sorry, no picture

User avatar
Airbourne
Frame Rate Serial Killer
Posts: 474
Joined: Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:51 pm
Favorite Aircraft: F-16 Fighting Falcon
Location: Chicago, Illinois
OS: Windows 10
Has thanked: 107 times
Been thanked: 341 times

Re: Current Projects

Post by Airbourne » Sat Dec 17, 2011 8:09 pm

Some new airshow ground objects.

Image
^^^(Fixed some mirrored colors)^^^
Image
Image
Image

User avatar
Honey Badger
57th Polyvalent Sq
57th Polyvalent Sq
Posts: 1843
Joined: Thu Jun 30, 2011 8:17 pm
Favorite Aircraft: Anything that gets off the ground
Location: From Louisiana, stationed in Alabama
Has thanked: 226 times
Been thanked: 69 times

Re: Current Projects

Post by Honey Badger » Sat Dec 17, 2011 9:08 pm

OOOOO! Can't wait for these!
USAF Computer Systems Programmer (3D0X4)
"Powerpoint Ranger"

User avatar
Raven
Contributor
Contributor
Posts: 344
Joined: Mon Nov 28, 2011 11:35 pm
Favorite Aircraft: F-16
Location: Eastern, USA
Has thanked: 19 times
Been thanked: 44 times

Re: Current Projects

Post by Raven » Sun Dec 18, 2011 5:44 pm

Loveing the ground objects.

I plan on getting a F-16 demonstration together and flying the communitys airshows, who approves?
Image
Image
"The Aggressor Order"

Iceman
Core Staff
Core Staff
Posts: 1399
Joined: Wed Feb 02, 2011 5:47 am
Favorite Aircraft: F-16C Viper
Has thanked: 84 times
Been thanked: 137 times

Re: Current Projects

Post by Iceman » Sun Dec 18, 2011 6:28 pm

Patrick31337 wrote:The reference map I used is a little blury, but using the lakes that I have in the Syracuse map as a reference, it looks right according to Google, which as we all know is always right. Even when it is wrong, it changes reality so it becomes right. :lol: I'll check again. I haven't added Bangor to the map, and I think I have maps from the Carolinas and Monument Valley somewhere around here. Should I use your modified version of Syracuse while I'm adjusting it?

My plan right now is to finish the map with only airports that I have created. It is sort of a "greatest hits" map. I want to add, but have to make, Oklahoma City, St. Louis, and at least one western airport around Montana or Wyoming. SeaTac, Miami, Bangor, OKC, STL, and the unselected western airport will not have anything but the airport facilities. Once I started adding full maps, loading times got longer and longer. I don't know how this map is going to work on other computers, but with high graphics settings in the game I'm getting about 8 fps, which is less than half what I normally get in maps like New Hawaii, Azores, or Marianas.

As I was typing this, I also came up with another idea. I want to add a little thing I came up with a couple of days ago. I'm on a different computer now, but when I get back to the main computer I'll get a picture of it. It will be an enemy location that is heavily defended with my new missile silos and AA guns. Where should I add this enemy position? The desert, Detroit (which will require another airport), Atlanta (which will also require another airport), somewhere else? I'll take suggestions, but it has to be within a reasonable distance of a location already in or planned...
You really need your own WIP thread. Your work deserves it.
You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '' at line 1
Homie I'll SQL YOUR syntax

User avatar
Airbourne
Frame Rate Serial Killer
Posts: 474
Joined: Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:51 pm
Favorite Aircraft: F-16 Fighting Falcon
Location: Chicago, Illinois
OS: Windows 10
Has thanked: 107 times
Been thanked: 341 times

Re: Current Projects

Post by Airbourne » Sun Dec 18, 2011 9:07 pm

@Patrick31337, if you want you can use my chicago map for chicago. I can send you it.
Image

User avatar
Shiny Rice
57th Polyvalent Sq
57th Polyvalent Sq
Posts: 1389
Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2011 3:28 pm
Favorite Aircraft: Su-35
Has thanked: 28 times
Been thanked: 42 times

Re: Current Projects

Post by Shiny Rice » Tue Dec 20, 2011 3:52 pm

DAT AWESOME.
CO of the 57th Cloud Rippers
"We rip those clouds apart so you can see the sun!"
Now 100% more decomissioned!

User avatar
Airbourne
Frame Rate Serial Killer
Posts: 474
Joined: Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:51 pm
Favorite Aircraft: F-16 Fighting Falcon
Location: Chicago, Illinois
OS: Windows 10
Has thanked: 107 times
Been thanked: 341 times

Re: Current Projects

Post by Airbourne » Tue Dec 20, 2011 9:40 pm

Some new military ground objects!

Image
Image

Shutter

Re: Current Projects

Post by Shutter » Tue Dec 20, 2011 9:58 pm

Damn airbourne, all these ground objects I'm seeing you make look amazing.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests