Dogfight influencing

Boom
Contributor
Contributor
Favorite Aircraft: F-15, F-22

Dogfight influencing

Post by Boom » Mon Dec 26, 2011 10:18 pm

Suppose I knew my plane could climb better than my opponents. How could i force my opponent into a vertical chase?

TheJuli
Penguin Airways VA
Penguin Airways VA
Favorite Aircraft: B777

Re: Dogfight influencing

Post by TheJuli » Mon Dec 26, 2011 10:36 pm

Take a good aircraft like F-22 raptor which is not affectet by verticalism. Some planes slow down and you can lose speed and sometimes stall which is critical

Midnight Rambler
Staff
Staff
Favorite Aircraft: F-16

Post by Midnight Rambler » Mon Dec 26, 2011 10:45 pm

Moved here, probably get some better responses than in support.
TheJuli wrote:Take a good aircraft like F-22 raptor which is not affectet by verticalism. Some planes slow down and you can lose speed and sometimes stall which is critical
I've always found the F-22 to be god awful in a dogfight.... Sorry. Especially the stock one.
Yuser10 wrote:Suppose I knew my plane could climb better than my opponents. How could i force my opponent into a vertical chase?
Cool question, what angle do you want answered? As in, what plane would be good for this set of maneuvers or how to actually do this in a dogfight?

Boom
Contributor
Contributor
Favorite Aircraft: F-15, F-22

Post by Boom » Tue Dec 27, 2011 1:32 am

suppose it was f-15 vs f-14. the f-15 can climb faster, so i want the opponent to go straight up to escape (insert move i can make) so i can chase it upward, causing the opponent to stall, me to shoot, and then i continue flying.

Shutter

Post by Shutter » Tue Dec 27, 2011 2:37 am

YS dogfighting generally doesn't favor the wide, low-g maneuvers that you would expect in realistic combat. Instead it centers more around turns that are like 10-25 g's. Spatial considerations are still extremely valid relative to pulling a yo yo, using radial g's and overall geometry based on your aircraft's performance (i.e. a more thrusty fighter should favor vertical passes and a more agile one will favor horizontal turn circles) but you're talking about trying to make the other guy stall out and of "escapes". If anyone with a legit interest in killing you is after you, if you aren't fighting them and are instead planning an "escape" you're as good as dead due to the way ys works. The only time you can truly escape is if your aircraft is capable of one or two mach numbers above the other aircraft's speed, or if you can lure them into friendly ground support.

In essence: learn to dogfight, not to run.

Midnight Rambler
Staff
Staff

Post by Midnight Rambler » Tue Dec 27, 2011 6:08 am

Here is a tip I share with everyone without asking:

Shoot him before he shoots you :lol:

Raven
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Raven » Tue Dec 27, 2011 9:23 pm

I wish you guys could watch me fly falcon, and beat the best players in the world using realistic maneuvers.. But anyway, the vertical fight is a excellent defensive maueuver, causeing the offensive jet to follow you into the vertical, with less airspeed and energy stored, causeing you drive off towrds the space, and your opponent frantically trying to turn around back towards the ground as you pull your nose around and you follow them and easily shoot their exhaust out.
"The Aggressor Order"