GimiGlider
Veteran
Veteran
Favorite Aircraft: B-747, F-14, F-22, F-15, Su-35 , J-20, Comac ARJ21

Re: Let's blow YS up.

Post by GimiGlider » Thu Dec 29, 2011 12:48 am

How so?
一寸光陰一寸金,寸金難買寸光陰。-Chinese Proverb
English Translation: One Inch of time and one inch of gold, the inch of gold cannot buy the inch of time.
Pretty wise proverb, eh?

Shutter

Post by Shutter » Thu Dec 29, 2011 12:53 am

Because we're getting good people from there.

Also I am mad that necron is totally still around on there and just doesn't love us anymore.

Shiny Rice
57th Polyvalent Sq
57th Polyvalent Sq
Favorite Aircraft: Su-35

Post by Shiny Rice » Thu Dec 29, 2011 7:55 pm

Inspiration struck me while wanging around in Youtube. Let's make a "LIKE A BAWSS" parody in YS
CO of the 57th Cloud Rippers
"We rip those clouds apart so you can see the sun!"
Now 100% more decomissioned!

Crazypilot
Honorary Contributor
Honorary Contributor
Favorite Aircraft: F-16C

Post by Crazypilot » Fri Dec 30, 2011 6:15 am

Can we have a singer to create our own custom like a boss's?This can be done.I mean
TAKE OFF like a boss
BUZZ SOME CIVIS like a boss
ANNOY MAH CO! like a boss
etc..
Boneless Pizza

GimiGlider
Veteran
Veteran

Post by GimiGlider » Fri Dec 30, 2011 10:56 am

ok, I'll try, but will NOT make the video.

*insert name* Thanks for coming to your performance review
No problem
So you're in charge around this flight sim, is that fair to say?
Absolutely, I'm the boss of ysflight.
Okay, so take us through a day in the life of the boss of ys.
Well the first thing I do is...

Take off! (like a boss)
Buzz the tower! (like a boss)
Shoot T-80s! (like a boss)
Dogfight MiGs! (like a boss)
Perform Cobras! (like a boss)
DAMMIT PAK-FA!(like a boss)
Run away! (like a boss)
Kill some AAAs! (like a boss)
Challenge Bombcat! (like a boss)
Get shot down! (like a boss)
Bail out! (like a boss)
Parachute down! (like a boss)
Run back to base! (like a boss)
Get Bombed! (like a boss)
Click Continue! (like a boss)
Fly a Myria! (like a boss)
Buzz tower again! (like a boss)
Barrel Roll! (like a boss)
Land safely! (like a boss)
Get in F-22! (like a boss)
Try shoot down Iceman!(like a boss)
Where'd he go? (like a boss)
Oh f*ck he's on my six I can't f*cking kill him... shit!
Surrender! (like a boss)
Raptor! (by that, I mean raptoring) (like a boss)
Crash land! (like a boss)
Get in to chopper! (like a boss)
Shoot some targets! (like a boss)
Not another SAM! (like a boss)
Drop flares! (like a boss)
Bomb the SAM! (like a boss)
Get back to base! (like a boss)
Take control of airshow! (like a boss)
Loop-de-Loop! (like a boss)
Crash my (mental) wingmen! (like a boss)
Get more wingmen! (like a boss)
Perform kulbit! (like a boss)
Collide with my wingmen! (like a boss)
Now I'm dead (like a boss)

Uh huh. So that's an average day for you then?
No doubt.
You force your to crash and die?
Hell yeah
And I think at one point there you said something about buzzing the tower.
Nope!
Actually I'm pretty sure you did
Nah, that ain't me
Okay, well this has been eye opening for me
I'm the boss.
Yeah, no I got that. You said it about four-hundred times
I'm the boss
Yeah yeah I got it!
I'm the boss
No I heard you, bye.
LIKE A BOSS!

Edit this in any way you want, but just give credit. Is it ok?
Last edited by GimiGlider on Fri Dec 30, 2011 1:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
English Translation: One Inch of time and one inch of gold, the inch of gold cannot buy the inch of time.
Pretty wise proverb, eh?

Shiny Rice
57th Polyvalent Sq
57th Polyvalent Sq

Post by Shiny Rice » Fri Dec 30, 2011 11:13 am

Actually, I wanted you to do it, since you've done quite a lot of vids of YS and I don't know how to edit... I can do the recording though when I get Fraps.

GimiGlider
Veteran
Veteran

Post by GimiGlider » Fri Dec 30, 2011 1:00 pm

ok? But note that I don't know anyone that will do the rapping. Fine, I accept.
Pretty wise proverb, eh?

Doomsday
Staff
Staff
Favorite Aircraft: PEW PEW PEW PEW

Post by Doomsday » Fri Dec 30, 2011 9:49 pm

Sentinel182 wrote:ill be honest, i dont think such an idea will work as well as a promotion campaign on some well established sites
Agree, making a rap video to promote YSFlight won't sound professional. After a quick search on youtube, I found a neat video that showed different aspect of ysflight.
Now this video was created in 2008 and it does not look as good as what YSFlight is today. If someone uses some nice recording, high quality software (none of this 360p or 480p shit, I'm talking about 720p or even 1080p) and show many different aspects of YSFlight,(Dogfighting, Civilian Flying, Racing Cars, Mulitplayer, Aerobatics, Carrier landing, ground strikes, etc. The possibilities are endless) this could possibly bring many new users to YSFlight.
PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW

Team Awesome# 131

Honey Badger
57th Polyvalent Sq
57th Polyvalent Sq
Favorite Aircraft: Anything that gets off the ground

Post by Honey Badger » Fri Dec 30, 2011 9:57 pm

Perhaps make a video for each of those categories.
USAF Computer Systems Programmer (3D0X4)
"Powerpoint Ranger"

mh3w
Rookie
Rookie
Favorite Aircraft: Lockheed Constellation

Post by mh3w » Sat Dec 31, 2011 12:20 am

I thought i read somewhere in this thread about an idea to start an official YSFHQ YouTube show. I scanned through a few of the previous pages and i couldn't find anything about it. Anyway, i think it would be an awesome idea if executed properly.

I imagined something like a monthly television news magazine. It could be shot on stage with a host (or hosts) all inside the simulator. We could have community news, coverage of YS updates, addon reviews, interviews, YouTube video highlights, etc. We can also fill the description with links to prominent community sites like ysflight.com and our forum, plus anything we talk about in the show. Most of my ideas for the show come from watching a lot of YouTube partners videos and Top gear :D

Dragon029
Veteran
Veteran
Favorite Aircraft: F-35A

Post by Dragon029 » Sat Dec 31, 2011 6:47 am

With the amount of videos already on YouTube about modding, the squadrons and YS in general, I think if we threw in our own existing videos such a channel could be packed and ready to entertain in no time.

Also, as for that video mentioned before; I would do one up, but I only have like 50GB of space left on my 1TB HDD and I'm waiting for HDD prices to go down (the flooding in Taiwan, etc has unfortunately driven prices up by about 20-40% here).
Royal Australian Air Force
Per Ardua Ad Astra
>>> Dragon Addon Pack <<<
(PAK-FA, F/A-52, F/A-36, MQ-21)

Airbourne
Contributor
Contributor
Favorite Aircraft: F-16 Fighting Falcon

Post by Airbourne » Tue Jan 03, 2012 4:08 am

This may be a good, complicated, or stupid idea, but I'll put it out there. Bear with me...

Since he only made a flight simulator, maybe he should broaden the idea of YS________ Simulator. What I mean is that with s couple of tweaks to YSFlight [maybe more than a couple], he could come up with a train or car simulator [or both]. So more people can visit Soji's website and take a glance at simulators of various genres. Because if you look on the web, no matter what simulator it is, there is a forum with many people sharing the ideas and such... If he comes up with a train simulator and car simulator, he could have 3 times the amount of people enjoying his simulators. Maybe, we could help him out with the .dnm's, .dats, etc... to give one thing to stress less about. Just plainly make beginner low res models kinda like how Soji made the aircraft for YSFlight. Same installation Process, "user" folder thing

I was on a forum for YSFlight since January 2010, and over the 2 years I got to notice that there are some car and train people here and YSPilots [that is unfortunately gone], and it would fit them perfectly for train shows and car shows/races. Me, when I was younger I wanted to be a train engineer..........then I saw the Blue Angels.

That is just a little idea I just came up out of the blue.

Midnight Rambler
Senior Veteran
Senior Veteran
Favorite Aircraft: F-16

Post by Midnight Rambler » Tue Jan 03, 2012 4:20 am

Airbourne wrote:This may be a good, complicated, or stupid idea, but I'll put it out there. Bear with me...

Since he only made a flight simulator, maybe he should broaden the idea of YS________ Simulator. What I mean is that with s couple of tweaks to YSFlight [maybe more than a couple], he could come up with a train or car simulator [or both]. So more people can visit Soji's website and take a glance at simulators of various genres. Because if you look on the web, no matter what simulator it is, there is a forum with many people sharing the ideas and such... If he comes up with a train simulator and car simulator, he could have 3 times the amount of people enjoying his simulators. Maybe, we could help him out with the .dnm's, .dats, etc... to give one thing to stress less about. Just plainly make beginner low res models kinda like how Soji made the aircraft for YSFlight. Same installation Process, "user" folder thing

I was on a forum for YSFlight since January 2010, and over the 2 years I got to notice that there are some car and train people here and YSPilots [that is unfortunately gone], and it would fit them perfectly for train shows and car shows/races. Me, when I was younger I wanted to be a train engineer..........then I saw the Blue Angels.

It's an interesting idea... Whenever we call it YSFLIGHT on other forums, people immediately start comparing it to MSFS, Lockon etc... and basically they say its crap which is enough for people to just not download it. If it were to be called YS Simulator... Well, who knows?

Airbourne
Contributor
Contributor
Favorite Aircraft: F-16 Fighting Falcon

Post by Airbourne » Tue Jan 03, 2012 4:25 am

Midnight Rambler wrote:
Airbourne wrote:This may be a good, complicated, or stupid idea, but I'll put it out there. Bear with me...

It's an interesting idea... Whenever we call it YSFLIGHT on other forums, people immediately start comparing it to MSFS, Lockon etc... and basically they say its crap which is enough for people to just not download it. If it were to be called YS Simulator... Well, who knows?
It gets annoying, but then again YSFlight is about simplicity.

bernholm
Veteran
Veteran
Favorite Aircraft: 777-9X

Post by bernholm » Tue Jan 03, 2012 4:55 am

Gimiglider and I will work on a YSFLIGHT trailer

@ GimiGlider NOT just a video remix. I mean a full blown trailer.

Honey Badger
57th Polyvalent Sq
57th Polyvalent Sq
Favorite Aircraft: Anything that gets off the ground

Post by Honey Badger » Wed Jan 04, 2012 2:36 am

Amazing idea! That would be very cool! However, that would mean work on all three and as we know the Flight simulator part takes a while to update in the first place. Add two more simulators, and the only updates that would be given to all three would be things such as that shader language he is currently learning and perhaps hierarchy changes/code re-orgs.
USAF Computer Systems Programmer (3D0X4)
"Powerpoint Ranger"

GimiGlider
Veteran
Veteran

Post by GimiGlider » Wed Jan 04, 2012 2:39 am

Honey Badger wrote:

Amazing idea! That would be very cool! However, that would mean work on all three and as we know the Flight simulator part takes a while to update in the first place. Add two more simulators, and the only updates that would be given to all three would be things such as that shader language he is currently learning and perhaps hierarchy changes/code re-orgs.
Uh...I think that ysflight 2012 will have controllable cars (jeep and fuel truck).
Pretty wise proverb, eh?

Crazypilot
Honorary Contributor
Honorary Contributor
Favorite Aircraft: F-16C

Post by Crazypilot » Wed Jan 04, 2012 10:49 am

And making more realistic train models will be much much easier.Heck even if sojji DOESNT call it the train simulator we can modify to it to be one I'd like to see the guys of MSFS drive trains,cars and vehicles of all kind,sail ships and at the same time fly airplanes.
Boneless Pizza

bernholm
Veteran
Veteran
Favorite Aircraft: 777-9X

Post by bernholm » Wed Jan 04, 2012 10:58 am

YSTS :D

Shiny Rice
57th Polyvalent Sq
57th Polyvalent Sq

Post by Shiny Rice » Wed Jan 04, 2012 11:06 am

Guys, we're going off topic. Stay on it. I was thinking of making a trailer for the three main parts of YS: Combat, Civilian, and Aerobatic.