VNAF ONE Studios

Personal work in progress topics go here
NavyGator
Veteran
Veteran
Favorite Aircraft: Prop-Driven civil

Re: VNAF ONE Studios

Post by NavyGator »

Super-Duper, From where would it be down-loaded? I don't see a link for it and I did not find it under the MAPS section. Thanks.
VNAF ONE
Senior Veteran
Senior Veteran
Favorite Aircraft: A-10C Thunderbolt II

Post by VNAF ONE »

Finally the work has begun on the project I've always wanted and now I know I can get it done. I've begun work (actually since KMQJ has been in the works for almost a year it started then) on my home state of Indiana. If work goes well, I will include the cities and airports of Louisville, KY and Chicago, IL and maybe even Rockford, IL and Scott AFB, IL since the maps have been completed for those already. Indianapolis Intl. looks as does below and all airports in the Indianapolis area will be completed giving everyone a complete flying area between Chicago and Louisville, KY. This will be great for those who would like to fly for an 30 minutes to an hour from one location to another without looking down only to see blue or green emptiness. I will continue to update but I thought I'd show everyone I haven't been doing nothing for YS just because I've been offline.

The majority of the Indianapolis International Airport is done. All that is left is to add lights, runways, taxi lines (maybe), elevation grids, some ground objects, and a little more scenery inside and then I will drop it into an already in-progress map of all of the city.
VNAF Aerobatics Commanding Officer and Founder - - - YSAS Member - - - YS Aerobatic Pilot
YS ACC A-10 East Coast Demo Team pilot - - - B-1B Razor Demo Team pilot
VFA-49 GhostHawks Commanding Officer
Danny
Contributor
Contributor
Favorite Aircraft: F-86 Sabre

Post by Danny »

Looking good VNAF, your maps are always fun to fly on. :)

Scarecrow will be pleased!
VNAF ONE
Senior Veteran
Senior Veteran

Post by VNAF ONE »

Ya especially when he finds out I'm doing his area too when I get down that way.
VNAF Aerobatics Commanding Officer and Founder - - - YSAS Member - - - YS Aerobatic Pilot
Airbourne
Frame Rate Serial Killer
Favorite Aircraft: F-16 Fighting Falcon

Post by Airbourne »

If you want, I can handle the taxiway lines. Or even the runway lines.
VNAF ONE
Senior Veteran
Senior Veteran

Post by VNAF ONE »

The taxiway lines would be awesome! I can do the runways I just am doing the layout first with a runway sized rectangle and will replace it with the real thing later on. I'm just about done with my old neighborhood Eagle Creek Airpark and after that I'll start Greenwood.
VNAF ONE
Senior Veteran
Senior Veteran

Post by VNAF ONE »

90% done with KEYE and have done a lot of work around the city on some major roads and 80% of the water stuff (lakes, White River, creeks that are visible from the air, etc.). I've also added KMQJ which is done to the map. It's one giant puzzle as I'm making a lot of detailed areas separate and will put them into the map later on. I've also got some accurately measured football, tennis, and baseball fields saved as separate files and may release them in a sports field pack or something after this map is done. So far I'd say the map is approximately 15% done right now. A lot more to go but Louisville doesn't need much extra done to it and so when that is added it will make the map about another 10% done but I need to make Louisville Intl., and some nearby airfields. I've decided that Indiana 1.0 will include Indianapolis and everything south of it to Evansville and Louisville. I've made Chicago to go with 2.0 because there is too much work to do on it atm and I want the map released before then so you'll just have to hold a bit. More to come soon! Feel free to ask questions.
VNAF ONE
Senior Veteran
Senior Veteran

Post by VNAF ONE »

A project unreleased and actually unannounced (to remain that way for a bit). Today Waspe has made more of a contribution than I think he realizes and for that I thought I'd have the courtesy to at least give you all something to talk about. Please do speculate this picture because it reveals quite a bit about what this map is going to be for however there are still many more surprises in store. Waspe, your contribution has completely changed the way this area looks and I'm going to really have to upscale this area to help make it interesting.

VNAF ONE
Senior Veteran
Senior Veteran

Post by VNAF ONE »

What would be the interest in me creating a map of Everett Paine Field, WA. If you don't know, that is the location where Boeing produces its main line of aircraft such as 747-8's, 787's, 777-ER's, etc. I feel like if I made this map, some repainters and Boeing fans would love to use it especially as a background for repainting or modeling Boeing aircraft. I know I would like it but I need support of the community to push my work along on it. Please let me know what you all think and whether doing the map could be beneficial to the community.
NavyGator
Veteran
Veteran

Post by NavyGator »

Well, just having the airport would be a little bit of a let-down when one knows that both Mt. Ranier
and the Canadian border would be within view at less than 1.000 ft of altitude. Beautiful country,
and a great opportunity to attempt to re-create it. And it would, I think, be the first time any part of
the Canadian countryside would have been done for YSFlight.
How's that sound for encouragement?
Philster
Veteran
Veteran
Favorite Aircraft: Boeing 747

Post by Philster »

NavyGator wrote:And it would, I think, be the first time any part of
the Canadian countryside would have been done for YSFlight.
Doesn't TF58's Cold Lake Air Force Base count?

Anyways, I think it would be great if you made the airport. All of your work has looked stunning so far, and an airfield like this deserves it.
241st Shadow Hunter
Team Awesome # 241
Soji wrote:They were the last birds who could have been arrested for the criminal negligence.
NavyGator
Veteran
Veteran

Post by NavyGator »

Philster wrote:Doesn't TF58's Cold Lake Air Force Base count?
It would have had I not had my head up my ass and realized where Cold Lake was located.
For some reason I was thinking of the USMC cold-weather training area in Nevada.
Gunny
Business Class Membership
Business Class Membership
Favorite Aircraft: Any thing with a prop.

Post by Gunny »

Your scenerys are of such good quality and detail that what ever you decide to do will be a welcome addition to our community VNAF.Even if it was located in East bumm f--k nowhere.So keep on keepin on bud. :D
Image[/align=centre]
VNAF ONE
Senior Veteran
Senior Veteran

Post by VNAF ONE »

Haha thanks guys. I'll move it up the wish list. Next project it is and I'll have to see about expanding it for the surrounding scenery. I tend to get very carried away so I may just do the airport at first and expand later. That's what happened with my East Virginia map. I got carried away and wanted to expand more and more and more and eventually moved on to something else.

-- Fri May 25, 2012 5:29 pm --

Expect to see a lot of progress from me now. Just got out of school (Class of 2012 woop!) and have some free time on my hands. Have been hopping around with my work and done a bit of everything. Indianapolis map, Island (Vuelo Beach), and Everett map are getting my attention now. I can never really have just one project at a time so I will do a lot on all of them. I think Everett is the smaller of the three so I'd expect that one first. Actually just now starting it but in the mood to work so I'll get a lot done today.
VNAF ONE
Senior Veteran
Senior Veteran

Post by VNAF ONE »

Well, I guess Everett is on hold (ya I know) but I'm working on some other good stuff. In the works right now, Nellis AFB (may/may not include more of N. Las Vegas), 10 sq mi area around Indy Regional to be joined with Indianapolis, and a major expansion of the Vuelo Beach map (soon to get a name).

Below is how Nellis looks now.

The extra work put in around Indy Regional. Note the in-progress areas around the ones that have been released in the beta version. In the next release, you can expect to at least have a rectangular area around the airport to fly around instead of blocks.

Joint-Base Kortana is still getting a lot of attention. This map will still take a lot of work before releasing but when it comes out, it will be a joy to fly around offline if one wishes. Thinking about making an online map to give a bit more choice besides Hawaii. The Canary Islands is a good example of what I'm going for but of course, fictional.
Kilo 11
Veteran
Veteran
Favorite Aircraft: Supermarine Spitfire

Post by Kilo 11 »

Oh boy....all I can say is that I want those maps :l .....super amazing quality
VNAF ONE
Senior Veteran
Senior Veteran

Post by VNAF ONE »

Trying to finish North Las Vegas. Main tarmac work is finally done. Now I just need to do taxi lights, lines, a surprise, buildings, and IFR equipment.

VNAF ONE
Senior Veteran
Senior Veteran

Post by VNAF ONE »

BTW, updated the first post on this topic so that everyone can see what I'm actually working on and what's being done on it so far.
Deleted User 1872

Post by Deleted User 1872 »

Very great job on the Nellis AFB map! Looks exactly identical from the last time I was there. Runways, mountains, and ground objects are exactly the same! Woo!
Danny
Contributor
Contributor
Favorite Aircraft: F-86 Sabre

Post by Danny »

Keep up the good work VNAF, Nellis is looking absolutely incredible! :o