Current Projects

YSFlight addon development, questions, tutorials, & more!
User avatar
Honey Badger
57th Polyvalent Sq
57th Polyvalent Sq
Posts: 1843
Joined: Thu Jun 30, 2011 8:17 pm
Favorite Aircraft: Anything that gets off the ground
Location: From Louisiana, stationed in Alabama
Has thanked: 226 times
Been thanked: 69 times

Re: Current Projects

Post by Honey Badger » Sat Feb 04, 2012 11:25 pm

That+this=Lots of fun (I see a motion path somewhere in the future ;) )
USAF Computer Systems Programmer (3D0X4)
"Powerpoint Ranger"

User avatar
Neocon
First Class Membership
First Class Membership
Posts: 3760
Joined: Wed Oct 19, 2011 5:01 am
Favorite Aircraft: Baron 58
Location: Tennessee
OS: Win Vista
Has thanked: 1544 times
Been thanked: 1663 times
Contact:

Re: Current Projects

Post by Neocon » Sun Feb 05, 2012 3:10 am

Your train looks a lot better, but mine hauls missile launchers and anti-aircraft guns. :lol:
Image

User avatar
Airbourne
Frame Rate Serial Killer
Posts: 474
Joined: Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:51 pm
Favorite Aircraft: F-16 Fighting Falcon
Location: Chicago, Illinois
OS: Windows 10
Has thanked: 107 times
Been thanked: 341 times

Re: Current Projects

Post by Airbourne » Sun Feb 05, 2012 3:39 am

Oh ya? Take this:

Coach
Image

Sleeper
Image

Observation
Image

Diner
Image

Coach/Baggage
Image

;)
Image

User avatar
Philster
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 558
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2011 11:57 pm
Favorite Aircraft: Boeing 747
Location: California
Has thanked: 44 times
Been thanked: 59 times

Re: Current Projects

Post by Philster » Sun Feb 05, 2012 7:42 am

Image

Spent hours cutting in gepolyx, but it came out fairly nice. Still a lot of work and trouble shooting left. The amount of features in the model is fairly hard on someone with my skill in painting.
Image
241st Shadow Hunter
Team Awesome # 241
Soji wrote:They were the last birds who could have been arrested for the criminal negligence.

User avatar
vandal
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 1167
Joined: Thu Feb 03, 2011 3:16 pm
Favorite Aircraft: Tornado GR4
Location: Great Britain
Has thanked: 19 times
Been thanked: 136 times

Re: Current Projects

Post by vandal » Sun Feb 05, 2012 9:46 am

Philster, I would have done those shaded lines as a decal then shrink wrap. Putting that to one side it looks great.

You can still make it a decal.
1: Delete all polygons apart from the ones that make the shaded lines
2: Enlarge the decals by 0.005
3: Import the plane body again and it should all line up perfect.

One way to make large decals for an aircraft is to copy the part of the aircraft you are making and make that section a different .srf and enlarge it ever so slightly and then cut. This method takes away the need for shrink wrapping after, and works well for large decals that cover large areas on the aircraft.
Image
Awesome 171st pilot
>>>I am the shadow, and the smoke in your eyes. I am the ghost, that hides in the night<<<
Used to be an Admin, but then I rage quit. Now just one of you normal rejects
Also known as Princess Vandel

User avatar
Gunny
Business Class Membership
Business Class Membership
Posts: 3197
Joined: Sun Feb 06, 2011 6:17 pm
Favorite Aircraft: Any thing with a prop.
Location: New Iberia.LA.
OS: Windows XP SP3
Has thanked: 549 times
Been thanked: 695 times

Re: Current Projects

Post by Gunny » Sun Feb 05, 2012 12:31 pm

Philster my man Cactus 1549?
Image[/align=centre]

User avatar
Honey Badger
57th Polyvalent Sq
57th Polyvalent Sq
Posts: 1843
Joined: Thu Jun 30, 2011 8:17 pm
Favorite Aircraft: Anything that gets off the ground
Location: From Louisiana, stationed in Alabama
Has thanked: 226 times
Been thanked: 69 times

Re: Current Projects

Post by Honey Badger » Sun Feb 05, 2012 3:01 pm

"tis what is looks like. Been waiting for this one quite some time.
USAF Computer Systems Programmer (3D0X4)
"Powerpoint Ranger"

User avatar
Gunny
Business Class Membership
Business Class Membership
Posts: 3197
Joined: Sun Feb 06, 2011 6:17 pm
Favorite Aircraft: Any thing with a prop.
Location: New Iberia.LA.
OS: Windows XP SP3
Has thanked: 549 times
Been thanked: 695 times

Re: Current Projects

Post by Gunny » Sun Feb 05, 2012 3:14 pm

This will be an essential to the Laguardia scenery I am doing.
Is there any way to adjust it so it can land gear up?
Image[/align=centre]

User avatar
Dragon029
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 601
Joined: Sun Feb 06, 2011 6:09 am
Favorite Aircraft: F-35A
Location: Australia
Has thanked: 42 times
Been thanked: 84 times
Contact:

Re: Current Projects

Post by Dragon029 » Sun Feb 05, 2012 3:51 pm

You can pave the sea so that planes can land on it safely (without having to be going slower than 30kt), but to get a decent effect, you'd have to have a plane with non-retractable gears in the .dat. Then you'd alter the .dnm so that pressing a gear will make the gears go up and the plane go down - if gears are non-retractable in the .dat, I don't think they respond to the G key, so you might have to make it raise the gears with the bomb bay door key or something.

The end result from that is a plane that can land gear-up without being destroyed. However, it'll still only be able to land on paved parts of a map (there are ways to make the entire map paved simply, but I don't know the method).
Royal Australian Air Force
Per Ardua Ad Astra
>>> Dragon Addon Pack <<<
(PAK-FA, F/A-52, F/A-36, MQ-21)

User avatar
Gunny
Business Class Membership
Business Class Membership
Posts: 3197
Joined: Sun Feb 06, 2011 6:17 pm
Favorite Aircraft: Any thing with a prop.
Location: New Iberia.LA.
OS: Windows XP SP3
Has thanked: 549 times
Been thanked: 695 times

Re: Current Projects

Post by Gunny » Sun Feb 05, 2012 4:14 pm

I got the scenery editor side covered the Hudson from the GW bridge to the ferry docks will be R/W enabled.
I know that there is a Grumman Goose that is just as you described bomb bay door control for the gear.
Thanks for the input Dragon029. ;)
Image[/align=centre]

User avatar
Philster
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 558
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2011 11:57 pm
Favorite Aircraft: Boeing 747
Location: California
Has thanked: 44 times
Been thanked: 59 times

Re: Current Projects

Post by Philster » Sun Feb 05, 2012 5:00 pm

vandal wrote:Philster, I would have done those shaded lines as a decal then shrink wrap. Putting that to one side it looks great.

You can still make it a decal.
1: Delete all polygons apart from the ones that make the shaded lines
2: Enlarge the decals by 0.005
3: Import the plane body again and it should all line up perfect.

One way to make large decals for an aircraft is to copy the part of the aircraft you are making and make that section a different .srf and enlarge it ever so slightly and then cut. This method takes away the need for shrink wrapping after, and works well for large decals that cover large areas on the aircraft.
Haha, that's actually how I made the shaded lines. I just used the wrong program after it was too late. Will probably fix it today.

As for the aircraft model, its a 737, but I'll probably work on the A320 right after. If you guys didn't know this, it is possible to retract the gears after touchdown in ysflight. All you have to do is time it just right, which is fairly hard to do. Still, you will have a floating aircraft, so altering the dat. is probably the easiest thing to do.
Image
241st Shadow Hunter
Team Awesome # 241
Soji wrote:They were the last birds who could have been arrested for the criminal negligence.

User avatar
Honey Badger
57th Polyvalent Sq
57th Polyvalent Sq
Posts: 1843
Joined: Thu Jun 30, 2011 8:17 pm
Favorite Aircraft: Anything that gets off the ground
Location: From Louisiana, stationed in Alabama
Has thanked: 226 times
Been thanked: 69 times

Re: Current Projects

Post by Honey Badger » Sun Feb 05, 2012 5:23 pm

Dragon029 wrote:You can pave the sea so that planes can land on it safely (without having to be going slower than 30kt), but to get a decent effect, you'd have to have a plane with non-retractable gears in the .dat. Then you'd alter the .dnm so that pressing a gear will make the gears go up and the plane go down - if gears are non-retractable in the .dat, I don't think they respond to the G key, so you might have to make it raise the gears with the bomb bay door key or something.

The end result from that is a plane that can land gear-up without being destroyed. However, it'll still only be able to land on paved parts of a map (there are ways to make the entire map paved simply, but I don't know the method).
Make the gear non retractable, then place them in the retracted position (inside the belly of the aircraft). Re-assign the gear animation to bomb bay function and you're golden. As long as the gear remain lower than the collision file, there shouldn't be any problems. Note: everything but the animation is done in the .dat (this is the part where you insult me by calling me Captain Obvious).
USAF Computer Systems Programmer (3D0X4)
"Powerpoint Ranger"

Shutter

Re: Current Projects

Post by Shutter » Sun Feb 05, 2012 8:55 pm

That's looking hella nice phil. My own fix is somewhat different from vandal: Extrude region by 0.005 that way it is basically a lifted decal, invert your selection (the new faces will be selected after extrusion), switch to vertex layer, delete vertices, delete rest of model, stick on original model, done. Sounds long, takes about 15 seconds in practice.

Oh, and airbourne. DEM TRAINS! (I hope you're making a coarse for those, they look like they would be laggy in numbers)

User avatar
Airbourne
Frame Rate Serial Killer
Posts: 474
Joined: Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:51 pm
Favorite Aircraft: F-16 Fighting Falcon
Location: Chicago, Illinois
OS: Windows 10
Has thanked: 107 times
Been thanked: 341 times

Re: Current Projects

Post by Airbourne » Mon Feb 06, 2012 2:41 am

What's a coarse and how do I make it? Is it like all of them in 1 file?
Image

User avatar
waspe414
Staff
Staff
Posts: 1177
Joined: Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:35 pm
Favorite Aircraft: CH-136 Kiowa
Location: Canada
Has thanked: 95 times
Been thanked: 168 times

Re: Current Projects

Post by waspe414 » Mon Feb 06, 2012 2:59 am

Low quality, or coarse quality, models. Versions that are displayed far away or when selected in menus. Just an .srf. Check some ground .lst's.
Actual UltraViolet
Image Image
Image
I stole your turnip. Now you must come and defend your honour. ~ Hank Green

User avatar
Animal
Animal
Animal
Posts: 584
Joined: Thu Feb 03, 2011 3:27 pm
Favorite Aircraft: Unspecified
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 48 times

Re: Current Projects

Post by Animal » Mon Feb 06, 2012 7:31 pm

Image
They say that he feeds upon the tears of newbs, and that he spent an entire day feeding an effigy of Ricm into a desk fan. All we know is, he's called Animal.

User avatar
Gunny
Business Class Membership
Business Class Membership
Posts: 3197
Joined: Sun Feb 06, 2011 6:17 pm
Favorite Aircraft: Any thing with a prop.
Location: New Iberia.LA.
OS: Windows XP SP3
Has thanked: 549 times
Been thanked: 695 times

Re: Current Projects

Post by Gunny » Mon Feb 06, 2012 8:21 pm

Progress on Laguardia.
Image
Image
Image[/align=centre]

User avatar
vandal
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 1167
Joined: Thu Feb 03, 2011 3:16 pm
Favorite Aircraft: Tornado GR4
Location: Great Britain
Has thanked: 19 times
Been thanked: 136 times

Re: Current Projects

Post by vandal » Mon Feb 06, 2012 10:57 pm

Looks who's out of mapping retirement. Are you going to make New York's buildings? Maybe put Iceman's house there as a destroyable object or a mini iceman ot bomb.
Image
Awesome 171st pilot
>>>I am the shadow, and the smoke in your eyes. I am the ghost, that hides in the night<<<
Used to be an Admin, but then I rage quit. Now just one of you normal rejects
Also known as Princess Vandel

User avatar
Gunny
Business Class Membership
Business Class Membership
Posts: 3197
Joined: Sun Feb 06, 2011 6:17 pm
Favorite Aircraft: Any thing with a prop.
Location: New Iberia.LA.
OS: Windows XP SP3
Has thanked: 549 times
Been thanked: 695 times

Re: Current Projects

Post by Gunny » Mon Feb 06, 2012 11:17 pm

I am truly tempted to put his high rise on the map :D But no and no twin towers ether they no longer exist :(
I am going to try (notice I said try) to keep this as low lag as possible so ground objects will be at a minimum.
This is not breaking my retirement I just feel it should be done.Most of the detail will be alone the flight path of 1549 until splashdown.
But it will take me some time.Since my stroke my energy levels have gone to crap.
Image[/align=centre]

User avatar
iqmal_97
Senior Veteran
Senior Veteran
Posts: 1762
Joined: Fri Mar 11, 2011 8:47 am
Favorite Aircraft: Sukhoi Su-30MKM
Location: Somewhere in Asia
OS: Windows 10
Has thanked: 766 times
Been thanked: 190 times
Contact:

Re: Current Projects

Post by iqmal_97 » Tue Feb 07, 2012 9:32 am

vandal wrote:Maybe put Iceman's house there as a destroyable object or a mini iceman to bomb?
Your going Styk-ish, aren't you?
Styk wrote:
Image
Image
[N007HA]Nynaiqmal_97 <= My usual online callsign
Mein Imgur gallery. Feel free to use any of my screenshots (Crediting me is optional, but greatly appreciated)

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests