YSFlight ver.20120219 TEST VERSION RELEASED!

News, announcements, updates, & more regarding YSFlight & YSFHQ
Boom
Contributor
Contributor
Favorite Aircraft: F-15, F-22

Re: YSFlight ver.20120219 TEST VERSION RELEASED!

Post by Boom »

The cars are riding on casters :o
Philster
Veteran
Veteran
Favorite Aircraft: Boeing 747

Post by Philster »

Driving is really hard without any instruments to help you. Also long as you don't gun the throttle, you should be able to steer fine. Unlike planes, ground object do stop quickly after you cut the power.

Edit:

The dynamics of ysflight may have changed. Planes that are on the ground have about 2 times the thrust before. Once you lift off, that extra thrust disappears.

Took some measurements comparing the old version to the new one. The times are how fast it took the planes to reach 100 knts.

Stock 747
Old version: 15 seconds
New version: 8 seconds

Stock F-18 Superhornet with afterburner
Old version: 5 seconds
New version: 2 seconds
241st Shadow Hunter
Team Awesome # 241
Soji wrote:They were the last birds who could have been arrested for the criminal negligence.
GimiGlider
Veteran
Veteran
Favorite Aircraft: COMAC ARJ-21

Post by GimiGlider »

I spotted the test this morning. Pretty cool, I and bernholm were raging at tf108warwolf to download it. He was like "Don't ambush me like that again -_-" and sat down to watch ac:ah. Epic, the 747s do cool barrel and are very agile :D. Currently I am ignoring the atc asking me to land on the carrier and landing at naha XD. I'm in a 747 dammit.
Shutter

Post by Shutter »

jesus tapdancing christ
ChristopherT
Favorite Aircraft: Beechcraft Model 18

Post by ChristopherT »

Got it! First test version I've been able to grab in years! :D Looking forward to testing out all the new features. Except for the server related ones!

Thanks, Guys!

ChristopherT

@ All! I think that was great. I loved the loop-the-loop AIMs and I really liked the Ground defense mission with the Gepard! The only thing I couldn't do was add fuel tanks to the aircraft in the Loading menu. Are there certain aircraft that can use the fuel tanks? The ground vehicles were a blast! Much better than Orbiter's addon for that simulator! I haven't tried the Air Traffic Control yet, but the Autopilot still works great! It did seem harder to shoot down aircraft with the Short Range AIMs. Now when you pop a missile off at an aircraft you get an instant launch of flares from the aircraft. The flares seem more effective too! The only way I could tell which AIMs are going to hit the aircraft is watch the smoke. The hitters always loop-the-loop like they are re-engaging a missed target. :D I give it a 100 out of 10! :lol:

ChristopherT
Last edited by ChristopherT on Mon Feb 20, 2012 8:24 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Crazypilot
Honorary Contributor
Honorary Contributor
Favorite Aircraft: Cheese

Post by Crazypilot »

This is awesome and what's even more awesome is....Image
For some reason YSF is playing like the tested version been playing for three hours now no bugs.
GimiGlider
Veteran
Veteran
Favorite Aircraft: COMAC ARJ-21

Post by GimiGlider »

Well, so far I have I had 2 crashes of my computer due to the test version, launched a 747 off the carrier very quickly, seen missiles loop de loop, and seen A-10's losing control and crashing because they got hit by 1 missile. So, yeah, everything's fine, no bugs. :lol:
Jaidro
Rookie
Rookie
Favorite Aircraft: F-8 Crusader

Post by Jaidro »

If anyone is looking for the HMS Invincible, it is located in Crescent Island.
Boom
Contributor
Contributor
Favorite Aircraft: F-15, F-22

Post by Boom »

What's the point of the extra thrust anyway? It seems like a glitch considering it would be pointless afaik to purposely add extra thrust.
MPP
Contributor
Contributor
Favorite Aircraft: The 241st Black Flanker

Post by MPP »

Extra thrust? I bet the 241st Flanker would be able to take off from anywhere with that. Our flanker can take off from pretty small runways, it seems. With that extra thrust everyone is talking about, I might just have to get the test version and see if I can take off from a low building roof...
Never in the field of human conflict was so much owed by so many to so few... --Winston Churchill
sukhoifan
Favorite Aircraft: Su-30 mki

Post by sukhoifan »

Tried a few new things. The ATC s cool but t takes like forever to land. Maybe the timing is different for the ATC instructions and me!
The jeeps skid instead of turning when I use a full angle turning. Skidding is OK but the thing is it skids all the way instead of stopping or moving forward.
Flight dynamics have changed. Thrust vectoring will be more realistic I suppose.
Other than the jeep thing no bugs found.
Flying is not about leaving the ground, it is about touching the skies...
Phoenix
Legend
Legend
Favorite Aircraft: Sr-71

Post by Phoenix »

actually a few months ago Mr Yamakawa was wondering about that issue, as other simulators have it and planes can take off from shorter distances.

i think its actually more realism in some ways, who takes off in an F-16 with Full AB and no loading?
Seagull
Contributor
Contributor
Favorite Aircraft: All of 'em

Post by Seagull »

Phoenix wrote:actually a few months ago Mr Yamakawa was wondering about that issue, as other simulators have it and planes can take off from shorter distances.

i think its actually more realism in some ways, who takes off in an F-16 with Full AB and no loading?
CrazyPilot! :D

Nah i think its too much power.
Phoenix
Legend
Legend
Favorite Aircraft: Sr-71

Post by Phoenix »

out of curiosity, anyone compared this with other sims? and real life experiences? Its just the "slowed down" take off from last version was what I saw with an F-16 (at Farnborough)... At less that 50%
decaff_42
Staff
Staff
Favorite Aircraft: SR-71 Blackbird

Post by decaff_42 »

Does anyone know what setting the mouse/joystick sensitivity was for the last version??? that's the only thing that is bugging me right now.

One possible bug, on the ground-air support missions, is the lack of sound from the gun firing on purpose? I can hear the missiles being launched, and the hits and 'kill' sounds.
Check out my website YSDecaff for all my tutorials and addon releases.
Visit my GitHub page for Python codes: https://github.com/decaff42?tab=repositories

YSFlight Addon Database - Find links to nearly every addon made for YSFlight!
Submit Addon To Database
Flake
VFA-49
VFA-49
Favorite Aircraft: Boeing F/A-18A

Post by Flake »

All my hornets were modelled of realistic take-off speeds.

(there was a lot of fine tweaking with variables in conjunction with a blue angles take-off video where he announces the airspeed during take-off. "thats 40. 60. 80. 100... 120...")
I am an accountant working full-time (and some). I'm not here as often as I would like to be. Send a message if you need me. There are a few people in the community who can get in contact with me urgently if you need - don't be afraid to ask. I just don't check here as frequently as I used to. Sorry!
ChristopherT
Favorite Aircraft: Beechcraft Model 18

Post by ChristopherT »

decaff_42 wrote:Does anyone know what setting the mouse/joystick sensitivity was for the last version??? that's the only thing that is bugging me right now.

One possible bug, on the ground-air support missions, is the lack of sound from the gun firing on purpose? I can hear the missiles being launched, and the hits and 'kill' sounds.
I didn't hear it either! :) I was thinking of adding one of the sound mods from the current stable version. I did find out that the FA-18E Superhornet is compatible with the new fuels tanks. So if you pick that one you can try them out. I liked them! :D I was playing the ground-defence mission with the Gepard again and no sound from the guns. Kind of spooky! :lol: Another one I'll like to test is Task Force 58's Weapons mods. It looks like there are a few changes in the Misc folder too! :mrgreen:

Thanks Guys!

ChristopherT
Honey Badger
57th Polyvalent Sq
57th Polyvalent Sq
Favorite Aircraft: Anything that gets off the ground

Post by Honey Badger »

decaff_42 wrote:Does anyone know what setting the mouse/joystick sensitivity was for the last version??? that's the only thing that is bugging me right now.
E to increase and D to decrease. Watch the text at the top left to see how much you change it (there are only two settings: 0.25 and 0.50).
decaff_42
Staff
Staff
Favorite Aircraft: SR-71 Blackbird

Post by decaff_42 »

Honey Badger wrote:
E to increase and D to decrease. Watch the text at the top left to see how much you change it (there are only two settings: 0.25 and 0.50).
Yeah i know that, but none of the settings feel like the stable release. 0.25 is like a fully loaded airliner, 0.5 feels like a slugish dogfighter, and the higher values feel like the mouse is a one-touch out-of-control cluster-f**k maker. :x i swear it feels like i move a millimeter and BAM! I'm doing a 720 degree/second barrel roll. :shock:
Check out my website YSDecaff for all my tutorials and addon releases.
Visit my GitHub page for Python codes: https://github.com/decaff42?tab=repositories

YSFlight Addon Database - Find links to nearly every addon made for YSFlight!
Submit Addon To Database
Dragon029
Veteran
Veteran
Favorite Aircraft: F-35A

Post by Dragon029 »

I thought it had been semi-established that everywhere is now being treated as carrier catapults? We're accelerating faster on the ground than in the air remember.

Personally I think they take off pretty damn quickly - even in normal YS, planes take off quicker than their real life counter-parts; practically all fighters seemed STOL capable at least, although that's just because take-off / landing conditions are less important than the precision needed to get good performance out of fighters.
Per Ardua Ad Astra
>>> Dragon Addon Pack <<<
(PAK-FA, F/A-52, F/A-36, MQ-21)