Philippines Air Bases!

YSFlight addon development, questions, tutorials, & more!
decaff_42
Staff
Staff
Favorite Aircraft: SR-71 Blackbird

Philippines Air Bases!

Post by decaff_42 » Fri May 04, 2012 4:31 am

TO: YSFHQ Modding Team and YSFHQ Community

SUBJECT: Philippines Airbases

Heyo people! It's your lovable decaff here with a request for help! I'm looking to get some airbases for the Philippines made, and I'd really appreciate some contributors to the ongoing Philippines project. Gunny, VNAF and Waspe have been helping with Scenery Editor stuff, but I'm looking to expand the people involved with this project, specifically with adding to the map.

I'm looking to get some airbases made for a military version of the map. It will probably not include the entire island chain, but rather a smaller portion to keep lag down and enjoyablity high.

Some airbases I want to include:
[s]Danilo Atienza Air Base[/s]
[s]Fernando Air Base[/s]
[s]Villamor Air Base[/s]
[s]Clark Air Base[/s]

I'm gonna work on the last one, Clark AB, first, and you guys can pick one and make it. I'm not worrying about ground objects right now, I'm just looking to get some nice air bases made. If you want an example of the level of detail I'm looking for, Gunny's Ninoy Aquino Airport is a good model. (There's a pic in the Philippines WIP thread) Runways (Basic Markings), taxiways, tarmac, 1 ILS per runway and one VORDME for the base.

Just add a new text file with your name and what base you want to do. (or put a reply here:)) I'd like to get as many of these bases done as soon as possible to get a new map out soon.

If you don't want to make a base, some research and digging through the internet for hard-to find pictures and such will be appreciated. By hard to find, I mean, not coming up through the first couple google search results. Anything to help the people working on the bases.

Looking forward to seeing your awesome bases!
-decaff_42

-- Fri May 04, 2012 3:57 pm --

Okay, Here's Clark AB! took me five hours to get it right, and the runway markings are killing me! :D

Let me know what bases you want to do! I'll probably do Fernando Air Base next

Check out my website YSDecaff for all my tutorials and addon releases.
Visit by Bitbucket page for Python codes: https://bitbucket.org/decaff42/

Server Flight Log
Addon Database Submit Addon To Database

Maroon 5
Veteran
Veteran
Favorite Aircraft: 767

Re: Philippines Air Bases!

Post by Maroon 5 » Sun May 06, 2012 10:25 pm

Hmmm.... are you good with Blender? Cause I found a python script that can actually let you import a 2D image, save it as a SRF with the YSF Scripts, and set it as a ground object, so you can create photo-realistic scenery. Haven't tried it out yet because I cant even install the YSF Scripts.
Looking for a unique security and malware forum? Look no further than www.styxnet.pw

Shutter

Post by Shutter » Mon May 07, 2012 3:35 am

fanjet wrote:Hmmm.... are you good with Blender? Cause I found a python script that can actually let you import a 2D image, save it as a SRF with the YSF Scripts, and set it as a ground object, so you can create photo-realistic scenery. Haven't tried it out yet because I cant even install the YSF Scripts.
That won't work. Ys can't render textures that aren't pre-desginated files by the game.

Flake
Core Staff
Core Staff
Favorite Aircraft: Boeing F/A-18A

Post by Flake » Mon May 07, 2012 4:20 am

I think he means it makes a vector out of an image, then converts the vector to a model object, then model to srf.

That's pretty cool fanjet, but there will probably be many flaws that need to be ironed out.
I am an accountant working full-time (and some). I'm not here as often as I would like to be. Send a message if you need me. There are a few people in the community who can get in contact with me urgently if you need - don't be afraid to ask. I just don't check here as frequently as I used to. Sorry!

Shutter

Post by Shutter » Mon May 07, 2012 4:44 am

The problem with script based vectorization is that it normally generates curves, not polygons. When you convert it to a vertex format, it becomes a giant heap of polys that would lag anything to death.

....speaking from experience, I tried a lot of stuff when I was still new.

Flake
Core Staff
Core Staff
Favorite Aircraft: Boeing F/A-18A

Post by Flake » Mon May 07, 2012 6:14 am

Can't you set a global detail level when converting curve -> mesh?
I am an accountant working full-time (and some). I'm not here as often as I would like to be. Send a message if you need me. There are a few people in the community who can get in contact with me urgently if you need - don't be afraid to ask. I just don't check here as frequently as I used to. Sorry!

Shutter

Post by Shutter » Mon May 07, 2012 6:17 am

Flake wrote:Can't you set a global detail level when converting curve -> mesh?
Still gives you way too many polys for ys, because it's all one set of polys instead of color layers.

Ysflightphil
Rookie
Rookie
Favorite Aircraft: Airbus A330

Post by Ysflightphil » Thu May 10, 2012 12:12 am

Villamor Airbase Is RPLL or Known as Ninoy Aquino International Airport

and also

May I Request Mactan Airbase

also

DIOSDADO MACAPAGAL INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT AND CLARK AIRBASE IS ONLY ONE

HISTORY:

When US Give Clark Airbase to Philippines they converted it to a International airport The First Name of the Intl.Airport is DMIA or DIOSDADO MACAPAGAL INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT later 2012 they turned it to CLARK INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT but remaind in DMIA

The Runways Are Compatible of Space Shuttles and A380 however Space Shuttle didnt land there but 1 A380 Land There
[listbox=]
ImageI T S M O R E F U N I N T H E P H I L I P P I N E SImage

YS FLIGHT INTERNATIONAL PILOTS LOUNGE
[/listbox]

A New Change is Here..............Coming Soon........................Summit Air.......................Newest Airline

decaff_42
Staff
Staff
Favorite Aircraft: SR-71 Blackbird

Post by decaff_42 » Sat May 26, 2012 2:20 pm

Ysflightphil wrote: May I Request Mactan Airbase
Please, but I'd like to have it within a week to get everything into the map quickly. If you can do it this weekend, awesome.

-- Wed May 16, 2012 6:23 pm --

Got Fernando finished up!

Come on People, I can't do all of these by myself!!!

-- Sat May 26, 2012 10:16 am --

Okay Peoples! I have got some basic 2000m runway stand in bases to fill in the gaps on the edges of the military map named after their approximate locations.

Once you get in your bases, they will be added and the temp bases will be removed. I look forward to seeing your work. :D
Check out my website YSDecaff for all my tutorials and addon releases.
Visit by Bitbucket page for Python codes: https://bitbucket.org/decaff42/

Server Flight Log
Addon Database Submit Addon To Database