THE MotoGP Thread

From the American Heritage Dictionary
mis·cel·la·ne·a - pl.n.: Miscellaneous items or written works collected together.
Flake
VFA-49
VFA-49
Favorite Aircraft: Boeing F/A-18A

THE MotoGP Thread

Post by Flake » Thu Apr 11, 2013 5:31 am

The MotoGP Thread
[hr]10[/hr]As an avid MotoGP enthusiast, I feel it would be fun to get folks in on the action. This thread is here to discuss and watch the MotoGP season this year.
[hr]10[/hr]Next Race[list]Jerez - Spain
[spoiler=Countdown To Race Start][/spoiler]
[spoiler=Live Stream]http://leton.tv/player.php?streampage=g ... height=450[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Track Overview]Image[/spoiler][/list]
[hr]10[/hr]Previous Races[list]
ROUND 1 - Losail International Circuit - Losail, QATAR
ROUND 2 - Circuit Of The Americas -Texas, USA
[/list]
[hr]10[/hr]Current Standings
I am an accountant working full-time (and some). I'm not here as often as I would like to be. Send a message if you need me. There are a few people in the community who can get in contact with me urgently if you need - don't be afraid to ask. I just don't check here as frequently as I used to. Sorry!

Flake
VFA-49
VFA-49

MotoGP Round 1 - Qatar

Post by Flake » Thu Apr 11, 2013 5:31 am

MotoGP - Round 1
Losail Circuit - QATAR
[hr]10[/hr][spoiler=Track Overview]Image[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Video Of The Race][youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0S391obzwDg[/youtube][/spoiler][hr]10[/hr]
[spoiler=Race Results Summary]So the first round of MotoGP has been and gone.

World Champ Jorge Lorenzo had an easy (and boring, mind) win.

Valentino Rossi makes a comeback with 2nd place after two horrible years with Ducati, now riding with Yamaha.

Marc Marquez, the rookie just in, and Current Moto 2 Champion earned a hard battled 3rd place.

Dani Pedrosa just misses out on a podeum with 4th and Cal Crutchlow behind.

Full Results: .PDF Click Here

Post Race Interviews: Click Here (MAY be Aus only!)[/spoiler]
I am an accountant working full-time (and some). I'm not here as often as I would like to be. Send a message if you need me. There are a few people in the community who can get in contact with me urgently if you need - don't be afraid to ask. I just don't check here as frequently as I used to. Sorry!

Hawks
Favorite Aircraft: P-51 Mustang, F-18, F-16, Alphajet

Re: THE MotoGP Thread

Post by Hawks » Thu Apr 11, 2013 6:34 am

You, Sir, are my hero.

Background info and indepth analysis of (almost) all ongoings in the world of motogp can be found here
The defense department regrets to inform you that your sons are dead because they were stupid.

"Rossi, on the other hand, is one of the latest of the late brakers, not just waiting until he sees God until braking,
as Kevin Schwantz once put it, but actually going through a formal introduction and exchange of preliminary pleasantries before applying the anchors."
David Emmet, MOTOMATTERS.com, 2013

Flake
VFA-49
VFA-49

Post by Flake » Thu Apr 11, 2013 12:25 pm

I see you support Steffan Bradl.

He did quite well at Qatar... until he binned it... :P

I hope to get a go-pro camera and make first person moto-vlogs soon :)

Hawks

Post by Hawks » Fri Apr 12, 2013 6:28 am

Yeah, Bradl needs to be more consistent and trying to stay with VR46 on a mission can only end well :) but top marks for trying :lol: !

But Marquez, he´s da bomb! I know pre-season testing only counts so much but at Austin I think he´s the guy to beat....
The defense department regrets to inform you that your sons are dead because they were stupid.

"Rossi, on the other hand, is one of the latest of the late brakers, not just waiting until he sees God until braking,
as Kevin Schwantz once put it, but actually going through a formal introduction and exchange of preliminary pleasantries before applying the anchors."

teo973
Favorite Aircraft: F/A-18

Post by teo973 » Fri Apr 12, 2013 2:39 pm

Great job Mr Flake!

Hawks

Post by Hawks » Tue Apr 16, 2013 6:20 am

A quick (in more than one meaning) overview of COTA Austin, Texas from onboard Repsol Honda #26

Danny
Contributor
Contributor
Favorite Aircraft: F-86 Sabre

Post by Danny » Tue Apr 16, 2013 10:05 pm

Big MotoGP fan here - looking forward to this weekend, COTA is certainly one of the better Tilke designed circuits.

My photos from Silverstone last year.

I must say Flake, Casey Stoner was by far the most exciting motorcycle racer I've ever seen. His riding style was incredible, absolutely wrung the neck of the thing - glad I saw him before he retired.

Hawks

Post by Hawks » Sat Apr 20, 2013 7:38 am

FP1 and 2 through, the new qualifying format for MotoGP will be a corker at COTA. I hope the weather plays ball and track temperature rises some more for sub 2min laptimes!!!

Flake
VFA-49
VFA-49

Re: MotoGP Round 1 - Qatar

Post by Flake » Sun Apr 21, 2013 8:46 pm

MotoGP - Round 2
Circuit Of The Americas - Texas, USA
[hr]10[/hr][spoiler=Track Overview]Image[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Video Of The Race]When someone uploads it...[/spoiler][hr]10[/hr]
[spoiler=Race Results Summary]Lorenzo has a poor start.

Pedrosa and Marquez pull away at the front.

Gaps build. 2 seconds between marc and pedrosa to lorenzo. 2 seconds from lorenzo to crutchlow.

Rossi ends up in the top 6.

Steffan Bradl DOESN'T crash.

Marquez overtakes Pedrosa.

Marquez wins, pedbot 2nd, lorenzo 3rd, cruthlow 4th. bradl 5th, rossi 6th.
Full Results: .PDF Click Here

Post Race Interviews: Whenever They Are Uploaded...[/spoiler]

Hawks

Post by Hawks » Tue Apr 23, 2013 5:35 am

Nice summing up of the race esp. your Bradl-quip :lol:
This is going to be one hell of a season...I like it!

Flake
VFA-49
VFA-49

Post by Flake » Wed May 01, 2013 2:45 am

So who's keen on Jerez?

Also, here's a little gag I did (caution: profanity!)

Flake
VFA-49
VFA-49

Post by Flake » Sun May 05, 2013 7:25 am

4 hours left!

MotoGP WUP atm (Espanol) in the first post!

Flake
VFA-49
VFA-49

Post by Flake » Sun May 05, 2013 9:35 am

Moto3 Redflagged! :o

Hawks

Post by Hawks » Mon May 06, 2013 6:24 am

That´s the way I like it. Marquez going for the gap. There will be more of this come the next races. Happy days :D

Hawks

Post by Hawks » Sat Jul 20, 2013 5:53 am

So, MotoGp visits Laguna Seca.....
Pedrosa is half fit, Lorenzo, togh as tough can be (IMHO Chuck Norris would be impressed) will struggle for a podium, Hayden got the boot from Ducati.....

Marquez is 1st in FP2, second time he´s ever ridden a session in L.S., Bradl and DOVIZIOSO (!!!!) follow, Rossi is struggling (?),
so who´s going to teach whom how to handle the corkscrew ;)

Flake
VFA-49
VFA-49

Post by Flake » Sat Jul 20, 2013 6:41 am

If rossi makes good headway, it's be him vs marquez till the finish.

The doctor fights on this track. He fights mean.

Hawks

Post by Hawks » Sun Jul 21, 2013 7:17 pm

Bradl on a high (just) !!
Will it be enough to control Marquez? He beat him before (Moto2).....
Will Lorenzo be in contention?
I hate work, for it means an early night for me (GMT+1) without being able to "watch" the race unfold via Twitter....
Enjoy it if you can for it will be a corker! :)

Flake
VFA-49
VFA-49

Post by Flake » Mon Jul 22, 2013 8:03 am

There is a certain bay in which people with eye patches and wooden legs like to hang out at.

They say that the latest few races are hosted there.

Hawks

Post by Hawks » Tue Jul 23, 2013 5:53 am

AAaarrr, Matey! :twisted:

On a side note: A certain Mister Stoner will testride some Honda motorcycles in a place called Motegi (wherever that is...) later this year...or so I read