My new project: the ACYS engine

YSFlight general discussion & everything in between
Krux
CVW-171
CVW-171
Favorite Aircraft: Flankers

My new project: the ACYS engine

Post by Krux » Mon May 27, 2013 8:59 pm

(FOR THE PEOPLE WHO THINKS I'M MAKING ALTERATIONS ON THE MAIN YSFLIGHT.EXE FILE, YOU'RE WRONG! ACTUALLY, ACYS IS BASICALLY SOME MODIFICATIONS IN TEXT FILES AND IN MAPS, AIRCRAFTS AND ETC:)

My new project, also named "ACYS" (abreviation for Ace Combat YS, or YS version) is basically, an YSFLIGHT only with Ace Combat stuff

Yeah. To be honest, i was planning to do this project looooong time ago, to be exact, when i found the AC3YS pack.

I'm improving the graphics (BUT OFF COURSE, SINCE YSFLIGHT IS NOT DESIGNATED NOT ONLY FOR PEOPLE THAT HAVE GREAT COMPUTERS, I'M INSERTING LOW VISUAL AIRCRAFTS FOR THOSE WHO THE COMPUTER DON'T SUPPORT AWESOME GRAPHICS) and making some alterations on the font files (you know, the .uitxt files, which some people make traductions of the game)

Here are some screenshots (and also, for the people that will say i'm not giving credits for the mods shown here, I'M GIVING CREDITS! the following addons where taken by: Soul of Darkness Ace Combat 3 HD pack. I'm still making more screenshots that i'm also putting as the menu ones, but since i don't have them...)

RF-12A2 Blackbird with General Resources skin

SU-37U with U.P.E.O Skin

and that's it. Stay Tuned!

~Ace Combat Colonel

(This post is dedicated to the following people:
Zenuz Wizofink
[An friend, but he doesnt enter in YSFHQ too much] Natan Sparda
[Another friend, but he doesn't like english people] Kira Von Black
and Soul off Darkness
Thank you all!)
oy

Flake
Core Staff
Core Staff
Favorite Aircraft: Boeing F/A-18A

Re: My new project: the ACYS engine

Post by Flake » Mon May 27, 2013 11:39 pm

Sounds interesting. Just as a note, it's generally frowned upon (in fact, forbidden) to release mods WITH the YSF executables, so please release the mod as a package to overwrite a stock ysf install. ;)

Monoceros
Modding Team
Modding Team
Favorite Aircraft: Tomcat Series

Post by Monoceros » Tue May 28, 2013 7:51 am

OfficerFlake wrote:Sounds interesting. Just as a note, it's generally frowned upon (in fact, forbidden) to release mods WITH the YSF executables, so please release the mod as a package to overwrite a stock ysf install. ;)
Then someone needs to say something to Flightsim dot Com for hosting a modified kernel of YSFlight that has addons from different mod makers and being released as a standalone game called YF-23 Simulator.

Flake
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Flake » Tue May 28, 2013 8:07 am

Yes. Yes they do...

Thanks for pointing that out, The staff will look into it soon.

bernholm
Veteran
Veteran
Favorite Aircraft: 777-9X

Post by bernholm » Tue May 28, 2013 8:31 am

OfficerFlake wrote:Sounds interesting. Just as a note, it's generally frowned upon (in fact, forbidden) to release mods WITH the YSF executables, so please release the mod as a package to overwrite a stock ysf install. ;)
Could he release it as a whole separate game?

Flake
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Flake » Tue May 28, 2013 8:51 am

Absolutely not.

They did not write the code for YSFlight nor do they have intellectual ownership of anything from ysflight.

What they are doing is typical copyright theft, and that is very much ILLEGAL.

Some of you may remember our Xmas pack we released in winter/(or summer, if you live in the cool part of the hemisphere.) We actually got permission from soji yamakawa himself to release the pack with the ysf exe's included, for a limited time only.

Rest assured, we won't let this just sit. ;)

I encourage anyone here involved with it (if you are) to disaffiliate yourselves from the project immediately.

EDIT: OH, I see you are talking about THIS project here, the ACYS one.

he can do whatever he wants, just not include the YSF exe's. Ever play 3rd party minecraft games? they have auto downloaders to download the program from the official site, NOT bundled. I doubt that can be done with where YSF is stored, but if it could be done, absolutely nothing wrong with that. (though, he SHOULD at least make it clear that the download is coming from YSFlight.com, and MUST credit soji.)

Shiny Rice
57th Polyvalent Sq
57th Polyvalent Sq
Favorite Aircraft: Su-35

Post by Shiny Rice » Tue May 28, 2013 9:22 am

How does this affect the graphics? It's just an addon pack. I can't see any change.
CO of the 57th Cloud Rippers
"We rip those clouds apart so you can see the sun!"
Now 100% more decomissioned!

NightRaven
Senior Veteran
Senior Veteran
Favorite Aircraft: .

Post by NightRaven » Tue May 28, 2013 12:42 pm

Rise and Shine wrote:How does this affect the graphics? It's just an addon pack. I can't see any change.
I think that what he meant was that the detail on some aircraft are, admittedly, quite crappy especially the AC3YS pack :? . Thus, he wants to make a collection, or as some might call it, a compilation, of highly detailed mods mirroring that of aircraft from the Ace Combat series. What I've been doing so far is compiling all of the AC3 aircraft for YS that I know so far, but is only for AC3. What he's trying to do, in my mind at least, is compiling all of the aircraft from the series, especially detailed ones, into one package with the executable. Unfortunately the latter has met with disapproval from OfficerFlake, so yeah...

Language barriers may have contributed to the confusion. (Google Translate sometimes does it wrong.)

FYI, Ace Combat Colonel, the Soull Of Darkness guy is called Darkness-Of-Enigma in this forum. (I do know his YSP username though :mrgreen: )

Gunny
Business Class Membership
Business Class Membership
Favorite Aircraft: Any thing with a prop.

Post by Gunny » Tue May 28, 2013 4:49 pm

If all they want to do is get together a package of high detail aircraft that is fine.But if the try to add Soji's executables to the package with out his permission that is not fine.And what is even worse is IF they try to market it as their work in some way, that is ILLEGAL and ACTIONABLE! But lets hope we are all just jumping at shadows here.
Image[/align=centre]

Krux
CVW-171
CVW-171

Post by Krux » Tue May 28, 2013 11:40 pm

Thank you guys up here for advising me. I'll not include any executable, but can i make the pack installation as an setup? (cuz it will be A LOT of things and i want to make an good introduction to the pack :) )
oy

Krux
CVW-171
CVW-171

Post by Krux » Tue May 28, 2013 11:46 pm

NightRaven wrote:
Rise and Shine wrote:How does this affect the graphics? It's just an addon pack. I can't see any change.
I think that what he meant was that the detail on some aircraft are, admittedly, quite crappy especially the AC3YS pack :? . Thus, he wants to make a collection, or as some might call it, a compilation, of highly detailed mods mirroring that of aircraft from the Ace Combat series. What I've been doing so far is compiling all of the AC3 aircraft for YS that I know so far, but is only for AC3. What he's trying to do, in my mind at least, is compiling all of the aircraft from the series, especially detailed ones, into one package with the executable. Unfortunately the latter has met with disapproval from OfficerFlake, so yeah...

Language barriers may have contributed to the confusion. (Google Translate sometimes does it wrong.)

FYI, Ace Combat Colonel, the Soull Of Darkness guy is called Darkness-Of-Enigma in this forum. (I do know his YSP username though :mrgreen: )
To be exact, as you can see, Darkness-of-Enigma do A LOT of High Detailed aircraft for YS. I asked him if i could place them into ACYS and he said yes, if i'd give credits and not post the aircrafts as mine, and that's NOT WHAT I'M DOING! And he do badass addons so yeah...

And as you can see up here, i'll not post any executable file, but i'll think about doing an Setup file (you know, these ones that install games or even packages for games and etc.)
oy

Honey Badger
57th Polyvalent Sq
57th Polyvalent Sq
Favorite Aircraft: Anything that gets off the ground

Post by Honey Badger » Wed May 29, 2013 1:55 am

It's perfectly fine to create an installer for the pack, just not for YSF. It'd have to install to an existing install of YS to remain legal...
USAF Computer Systems Programmer (3D0X4)
"Powerpoint Ranger"

NightRaven
Senior Veteran
Senior Veteran
Favorite Aircraft: .

Post by NightRaven » Fri May 31, 2013 11:56 am

Surprised that this topic isn't locked. Not implying anything, though... :mrgreen:

I'll second this. There are a lot of AC aircraft out there (a few really good ones at that) but they are mostly scattered around the Internet. This can (hopefully) help in improving this situation.

And don't double post. Edit button is there for a reason...

Shiny Rice
57th Polyvalent Sq
57th Polyvalent Sq
Favorite Aircraft: Su-35

Post by Shiny Rice » Fri May 31, 2013 12:47 pm

Rename this. The title is confusing and mis-leading.
CO of the 57th Cloud Rippers
"We rip those clouds apart so you can see the sun!"
Now 100% more decomissioned!

Flake
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Flake » Fri May 31, 2013 1:16 pm

yeah to recap wha t the others say: anything goes as long as the ysf exes aren't involved.

For example, wic works was packed as an exe (and porely organised as it's not in the user folder mind...) but none the less, was fine.

My advice is make a zip with tthe folders ready to drop and add to the ysflight root directory, makes it seem a lot less sus. (not as virus prone)

Welshy
Staff
Staff
Favorite Aircraft: Spaceships I see when in a K hole

Post by Welshy » Sun Jun 02, 2013 12:52 am

OfficerFlake wrote:Ever play 3rd party minecraft games? they have auto downloaders to download the program from the official site, NOT bundled. I doubt that can be done with where YSF is stored, but if it could be done, absolutely nothing wrong with that. (though, he SHOULD at least make it clear that the download is coming from YSFlight.com, and MUST credit soji.)
I think this would be quite simple due to the fact that the game is actually just unzipped to a directory of your choosings, a basic program could probably be written to allow that xD. EDIT: (or even a basic VB macro :P)
YSRepo Supreme Overlord
YSFHQ Elected Overlord
Overlord of VMFA-125 (CVW-171)
Previously Supreme Overlord of 323rd CAW
Friendly Neighbourhood Miscreant

If you see me post like this in a thread pay attention!