[PROGRAM] Orb For YSFlight (Alpha-15Oct13)

Note that alterations to the YSFlight .EXE is forbidden
Flake
VFA-49
VFA-49
Favorite Aircraft: Boeing F/A-18A

[PROGRAM] Orb For YSFlight (Alpha-15Oct13)

Post by Flake »

THIS PROJECT IS NOW DISCONTINUED - PLEASE VISIT MY OPENYS PROJECT INSTEAD FOR A MUCH BETTER SOURCE CODE AND SERVER EXPERIENCE!
[imgnores]http://i43.tinypic.com/352hgmf.png[/imgnores]

Ladies and gents, it's time to release the first public Alpha Release of the Orb for YSlight project.

This project has been in development for now 1.2 years, and is finally mature enough for a public release.

Please note that the program WILL have bugs. I need to know about them. The more you report to me, the merrier.

Please enjoy, and post about your experiences in this thread!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... jubnUAL2EI[/youtube]
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... XYhj7dd10A[/youtube]
[imgnores]http://i1303.photobucket.com/albums/ag1 ... 404451.png[/imgnores]
[imgnores]http://i1303.photobucket.com/albums/ag1 ... 8a1809.png[/imgnores]
[imgnores]http://i1303.photobucket.com/albums/ag1 ... 98adde.png[/imgnores]

Like Orb? Consider Donating a small ammount to help me pay the bills and keep development going!
Last edited by Flake on Mon Nov 30, 2015 4:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
I am an accountant working full-time (and some). I'm not here as often as I would like to be. Send a message if you need me. There are a few people in the community who can get in contact with me urgently if you need - don't be afraid to ask. I just don't check here as frequently as I used to. Sorry!
Eric
Senior Veteran
Senior Veteran
Favorite Aircraft: Super Hornet

Re: Ørb# For YSFlight [Alpha Release]

Post by Eric »

Simply amazing work Flake. Really proud of all the effort you've put into this project. It's been a pleasure to read your dev log and watch as your programming experience has grown dramatically - can't wait for what you can come up next.
I make this website.
Stingx
Veteran
Veteran
Favorite Aircraft: ufo

Post by Stingx »

When you launch the executable for the first time, it extracts the database and settings? I tried to insert the settings from the pre-release into the current version, and it gave me this message: Image
Flake
VFA-49
VFA-49

Post by Flake »

Probably an issue with Linux saving a .dll is what is causing that.

I'll look into it though, seems there is no test for if the file exists when loading the salt.

So far, I've got to make the code generate a default group with admin priveleges, and make the settings.dat fill out on autogen, plus this:
I am an accountant working full-time (and some). I'm not here as often as I would like to be. Send a message if you need me. There are a few people in the community who can get in contact with me urgently if you need - don't be afraid to ask. I just don't check here as frequently as I used to. Sorry!
tigershark
Modding Team
Modding Team
Favorite Aircraft: uk & germany fighter

Post by tigershark »

flake any idea for this for ysflight offline as well.
jetskit
Penguin Airways VA
Penguin Airways VA
Favorite Aircraft: 757 - 200,787,a319,a320

Post by jetskit »

im not entirely sure how to use this for the pava server lol> any help?
"Aviation was not an industry nor a science. It was a love."|YS ATCO|PAVA CEO|
Flake
VFA-49
VFA-49

Post by Flake »

Updates as of 29Sep13:
  • Database auto generates an admin and a moderator user object, a server groups, and and admin and moderator rank on first deployment.
  • A quickstart readme is added on first deployment
  • Saved passwords are wiped when the orb.dll is removed.
  • Settings are now properly auto-genned for first deployment.
  • Short delay when launching server so you can read the deployment information.
  • Stability fix to the orb GUI when using re-writing commands.
The PacketLog bug still exists, as I haven't hyperthreaded the file saving yet, please be wary of it! :?
Flake
VFA-49
VFA-49

Re: Ørb# For YSFlight [Alpha-29Sep13]

Post by Flake »

jetskit wrote:im not entirely sure how to use this for the pava server lol> any help?
The latest update should help you especially. ;)
Flake
VFA-49
VFA-49

Post by Flake »

tigershark wrote:flake any idea for this for ysflight offline as well.
By nature, it's server only.

There is nothing stopping you though from hosting your own server on your own pc, and connecting to that to use the features.
jetskit
Penguin Airways VA
Penguin Airways VA
Favorite Aircraft: 757 - 200,787,a319,a320

Post by jetskit »

Thanks flake! that sorted the problem, had it running today and found no bugs, works very well and i think we will be running it more often, good job :D
"Aviation was not an industry nor a science. It was a love."|YS ATCO|PAVA CEO|
Midnight Rambler
Staff
Staff
Favorite Aircraft: F-16

Post by Midnight Rambler »

Flake...

You are amazing. This is the single greatest step forward that YS has ever had.

Thank you :D
UDDIN
Rookie
Rookie
Favorite Aircraft: Boeing 787 dreamliner

Post by UDDIN »

Errrm,

I added two groups to my server and added my self to both groups but, only 1 appears before my username...
PAVA Captain and Staff member
FAVA Captain
Flake
VFA-49
VFA-49

Post by Flake »

Thats because you can only represent one at a time.

Use /group.groupname.represent to change at any time.
Gunny
Business Class Membership
Favorite Aircraft: Any thing with a prop.

Post by Gunny »

Ok Flake for all of us dummy's who need auto installers how about a how to install guide.Like where to unpack the .exe? How to get past the dos prompt waiting for server > the GUI and get to the good stuff.To you it may be as simple as falling off your bike.But to guys like me its a complete mystery.I am just trying to do like you suggested to Zak.That quick start readme just don't get it.
Image[/align=centre]
flyingfisch
Contributor
Contributor
Favorite Aircraft: Saab Gripen

Post by flyingfisch »

I can't figure out how to get this to work. Might be that I am using WINE though.
Drachenfire
Favorite Aircraft: F-14

Post by Drachenfire »

Is there a TLDR version of what exactly this does for users and how to use it without 20 minutes of talk about packets and protocols? Love ya, but I glassed over about 3 min in.

I just had my first experience with Orb on the 42South server. There are no player names and removes the feeling of community in online play. Who is in that plane? Who knows. Please include a way to turn on player names.
Last edited by Drachenfire on Sun Sep 29, 2013 8:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Midnight Rambler
Staff
Staff

All I did was unpack the zip and double click the .exe. This creates a bunch of files wherever the orb.exe is located.

I then changed my console server port to 7914, picked a map and started a normal server.

All commands are run through the YSF client. So, in swaying that, just join the server normally. Type "/help" into the chat for a list of commands.

Edit: I also removed YSFHQ authentication in the settings file.

@Drachen: It's a beefy YSPS with more commands and more stability. The player names are a bug which has been reported, same with the VOR menu names error. Bear in mind this is an Alpha release and I'm majorly testing it on 42South.
Gunny
Favorite Aircraft: Any thing with a prop.

Post by Gunny »

I will need to wait until Soji fixes the bug in the new server.Sorry guys but since my strokes I get to confused much to easy these days. :oops:
Image[/align=centre]
Midnight Rambler
Staff
Staff

Gunny wrote:I will need to wait until Soji fixes the bug in the new server.Sorry guys but since my strokes I get to confused much to easy these days. :oops:
Yeah I had the same issue. Eventually I gave up and reinstalled the old version. Both, new and old, have the same net versions so there is no difference online.
Flake
VFA-49
VFA-49

Post by Flake »

Drachenfire wrote:Is there a TLDR version of what exactly this does for users and how to use it without 20 minutes of talk about packets and protocols? Love ya, but I glassed over about 3 min in.
Gunny wrote:Ok Flake for all of us dummy's who need auto installers how about a how to install guide. Like where to unpack the .exe?
Anywhere you want it to be. It builds itself.
Gunny wrote:How to get past the dos prompt waiting for server > the GUI and get to the good stuff.
This program, though I try and make it as simple as possible, is still very complex in nature. You are probably best connecting to another server now and enjoying as a client. I may make it easier to set up in future, but it's not going to get too much easier to use.
Gunny wrote:To you it may be as simple as falling off your bike.
Ho ho I see what you did there.
Gunny wrote:But to guys like me its a complete mystery.I am just trying to do like you suggested to Zak.That quick start readme just don't get it.
I could not possibly make that read me any clearer without making it twenty pages long explaining how ysflight actually works in great detail.

Sorry gunny, but if you don't get it, you may not ever get it. (same to you drachen)

Drachenfire wrote:I just had my first experience with Orb on the 42South server. There are no player names and removes the feeling of community in online play. Who is in that plane? Who knows. Please include a way to turn on player names.
That's a bug, I've fixed it but it's not yet in the current release.

But, have you been living under a rock? People have been having ballistic fun with the things orb can do. :lol: