Ørb# (Orb Sharp) Development Log

YSFlight addon development, questions, tutorials, & more!
Flake
VFA-49
VFA-49
Favorite Aircraft: Boeing F/A-18A

Re: Ørb# (Orb Sharp) Development Log

Post by Flake »

Released updated Alpha 29Sep13
I am an accountant working full-time (and some). I'm not here as often as I would like to be. Send a message if you need me. There are a few people in the community who can get in contact with me urgently if you need - don't be afraid to ask. I just don't check here as frequently as I used to. Sorry!
Flake
VFA-49
VFA-49

Post by Flake »

Fixed a bug where object and aircraft usernames were replaced with the object/aircraft name itself.

(I accidently repeated the objectname addition to the output packet where the username should instead be!)

Thanks to TB1 for reporting this bug.
I am an accountant working full-time (and some). I'm not here as often as I would like to be. Send a message if you need me. There are a few people in the community who can get in contact with me urgently if you need - don't be afraid to ask. I just don't check here as frequently as I used to. Sorry!
Midnight Rambler
Staff
Staff
Favorite Aircraft: F-16

Post by Midnight Rambler »

OfficerFlake wrote:Fixed a bug where object and aircraft usernames were replaced with the object/aircraft name itself.

(I accidently repeated the objectname addition to the output packet where the username should instead be!)

Thanks to TB1 for reporting this bug.
  • I am unable to receive PM's. I can send them, just not receive from anyone. Others with the same permissions can send to themselves and can receive. If I log in with another name I can send/receive. When I press enter, nothing happens. The group PM works fine though. As in, I can receive messages.
  • Some gun kills are NULL, others GUN (Midnight Rambler killed TOWER with [GUN]/[NULL])
  • Name/Object swap with VOR menu. All of them on 42S are VORDME or ILS (name swap).
Flake
VFA-49
VFA-49

Post by Flake »

Midnight Rambler wrote:I am unable to receive PM's. I can send them, just not receive from anyone. Others with the same permissions can send to themselves and can receive. If I log in with another name I can send/receive. When I press enter, nothing happens. The group PM works fine though. As in, I can receive messages.
As discussed on server today, issue lies with the user search and space mechanic.

What's actually happening here is the code is looking to PM "Midnight" with "Rambler <rest of message>".
Midnight Rambler wrote:Some gun kills are NULL, others GUN (Midnight Rambler killed TOWER with [GUN]/[NULL])
Noticed this too! I was testing on my own server earlier. I believe this is a remnant of my messing with the damage packets (you can specify weapon used.)

I'll have a look for any debug code and remove it.
Midnight Rambler wrote:Name/Object swap with VOR menu. All of them on 42S are VORDME or ILS (name swap).
Already fixed, as you quoted above. will be in the NEXT alpha release. (it's not in 29Sep13)

Thank you MR!

Still holding stable is it?
Flake
VFA-49
VFA-49

Post by Flake »

/time day, /day on etc. are annoying me.

Will change to /time => query what time the server is on
/day change to day
/night change to night
in the next version

Will re-work /day, /night, /strobe to not break the apocalypse setting when used in the next version.
Midnight Rambler
Staff
Staff

Been very smooth. I haven't noticed any difference in lag or response time. That was with 8 people flying around, chatting and making the wind go crazy.
Flake
VFA-49
VFA-49

Post by Flake »

Should have fixed a bug where setting a smoke color after using rainbow, is quickly replaced by the last rainbow color.
Midnight Rambler
Staff
Staff

Orb crashed on me today. I'm not sure what was happening on the server when it went, though. Is there something I can send you that will show what went wrong?
Flake
VFA-49
VFA-49

Post by Flake »

Maybe. maybe not. What was the crash screen, did you see it?

Look in the log files for anything abnormal.
Midnight Rambler
Staff
Staff

Crash screen was the windows "this program has crashed" popup.

Here is the error log:
[spoil]--- Log Created 2013/09/29 11:47:17 ---
2013/09/29 11:47:17 - Error: Only one usage of each socket address (protocol/network address/port) is normally permitted(Orb Server could not start on 0.0.0.0:7915. Something else may be using the port.)
System.Net.Sockets.SocketException (0x80004005): Only one usage of each socket address (protocol/network address/port) is normally permitted
at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.DoBind(EndPoint endPointSnapshot, SocketAddress socketAddress)
at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.Bind(EndPoint localEP)
at Orb.Server.ConnectionMainframe.Start()
2013/09/29 12:17:53 - Error: Could not find a part of the path 'C:\Users\42South\Desktop\4137Orb_Alpha_29Sep13\Database\Group\Admin'.(Directory "./Database/Group/Admin" is in use or does not exist!)
System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: Could not find a part of the path 'C:\Users\42South\Desktop\4137Orb_Alpha_29Sep13\Database\Group\Admin'.
at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
at System.IO.Directory.Delete(String fullPath, String userPath, Boolean recursive, Boolean checkHost)
at Orb.Database.GroupDB.Delete(Group Target)
2013/09/29 13:12:00 - Error: The process cannot access the file 'C:\Users\42South\Desktop\4137Orb_Alpha_29Sep13\Logs\PacketLog.Log' because it is being used by another process.(File: ./Logs/PacketLog.Log, String: System.String[])
System.IO.IOException: The process cannot access the file 'C:\Users\42South\Desktop\4137Orb_Alpha_29Sep13\Logs\PacketLog.Log' because it is being used by another process.
at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)
at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)
at System.IO.StreamWriter..ctor(String path, Boolean append, Encoding encoding, Int32 bufferSize, Boolean checkHost)
at System.IO.StreamWriter..ctor(String path, Boolean append, Encoding encoding, Int32 bufferSize)
at System.IO.StreamWriter..ctor(String path, Boolean append, Encoding encoding)
at System.IO.File.AppendAllLines(String path, IEnumerable`1 contents)
at Orb.Utilities.IO.WriteFile(String Filename, String[] Message)
2013/09/29 15:50:08 - Error: The process cannot access the file 'C:\Users\42South\Desktop\4137Orb_Alpha_29Sep13\Logs\PacketLog.Log' because it is being used by another process.(File: ./Logs/PacketLog.Log, String: System.String[])
System.IO.IOException: The process cannot access the file 'C:\Users\42South\Desktop\4137Orb_Alpha_29Sep13\Logs\PacketLog.Log' because it is being used by another process.
at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)
at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)
at System.IO.StreamWriter..ctor(String path, Boolean append, Encoding encoding, Int32 bufferSize, Boolean checkHost)
at System.IO.StreamWriter..ctor(String path, Boolean append, Encoding encoding, Int32 bufferSize)
2013/09/29 23:53:30 - Error: The process cannot access the file 'C:\Users\42South\Desktop\4137Orb_Alpha_29Sep13\Logs\PacketLog.Log' because it is being used by another process.(File: ./Logs/PacketLog.Log, String: System.String[])
2013/09/30 06:19:49 - Error: Could not find a part of the path 'C:\Users\42South\Desktop\4137Orb_Alpha_29Sep13\Database\Group\Testing'.(Directory "./Database/Group/Testing" is in use or does not exist!)
System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: Could not find a part of the path 'C:\Users\42South\Desktop\4137Orb_Alpha_29Sep13\Database\Group\Testing'.
at System.IO.Directory.Delete(String fullPath, String userPath, Boolean recursive, Boolean checkHost)
at Orb.Database.GroupDB.Delete(Group Target)
2013/09/30 06:52:43 - Error: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host(Could Not Send A Packet... Socket Closed?)
System.Net.Sockets.SocketException (0x80004005): An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host
at Orb.Server.NetObject.Host.Send(Packet InPacket)
2013/09/30 08:20:13 - Error: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host(Could Not Send A Packet... Socket Closed?)
System.Net.Sockets.SocketException (0x80004005): An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host
2013/09/30 12:09:05 - Error: An established connection was aborted by the software in your host machine(Could Not Send A Packet... Socket Closed?)
System.Net.Sockets.SocketException (0x80004005): An established connection was aborted by the software in your host machine
2013/09/30 13:01:10 - Error: The process cannot access the file 'C:\Users\42South\Desktop\4137Orb_Alpha_29Sep13\Logs\PacketLog.Log' because it is being used by another process.(File: ./Logs/PacketLog.Log, String: System.String[])
2013/09/30 13:06:26 - Error: The process cannot access the file 'C:\Users\42South\Desktop\4137Orb_Alpha_29Sep13\Logs\PacketLog.Log' because it is being used by another process.(File: ./Logs/PacketLog.Log, String: System.String[])
at Orb.Utilities.IO.WriteFile(String Filename, String[] Message)[/spoil]

Also, I was thinking. How simple would it be to add a /report feature? Similar format to your coding: "/report (text)" where the text is written to a text file in a folder? Or something along those lines.
Flake
VFA-49
VFA-49

Post by Flake »

I could do that, no problems.

/Report <username> <reason> yeah?

I could make a seperate log for reports.

I can't tell with that information 100%, but it looks like the packetlog.txt is the cause again? I'll investigate further.
Midnight Rambler
Staff
Staff

Sounds good.

We've been playing with the IFF and noticed a few things.

IFF1 wont lock onto IFF1/2/3 but will to 4.
IFF2 will lock onto all IFF, including 2.
IFF3 will lock onto all IFF, including 3.
IFF4 will lock onto all IFF, including 4.

We also noticed that people of the same server group, cannot lock onto each other while in IFF3 but those not in the group can be locked.

Any more voodoo magic? :lol:
Doomsday
Staff
Staff
Favorite Aircraft: PEW PEW PEW PEW

Post by Doomsday »

Flake mentioned about the IFF issues earlier in this thread, it been a while back, so it probably been forgotten
OfficerFlake wrote:New IFF Rules:

IFF1: "Friendly" - Appear on own client as IFF1. Other Clients will see you on IFF1.
IFF2: "Appear As Enemy" - Appear on own client as IFF1. Other Clients will see you on IFF2.
IFF3: "Squad Only" - Appear on own client as IFF1. Other Clients will see you on IFF2, unless they are in your squad, then they see you on IFF1.
IFF4: "Enemy" - Appear on own client as IFF4. Other Clients will see you on IFF3. As IFF4 Is reserved for client only, when you join on IFF4, every other player aircraft will always be on a different IFF then you.
PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW

Team Awesome# 131
Midnight Rambler
Staff
Staff

I thought I searched... Oh well.

I noticed that when someone is muted, they can still use the "/say" function.
Talon
Rookie
Rookie
Favorite Aircraft: Hornets! Duh.

Post by Talon »

Well. This looks impressive! I remember when the English-speaking YS community could do little more than edit aircraft models.
Flake
VFA-49
VFA-49

Post by Flake »

You've found a bug, MR! I'll patch that up.
Flake
VFA-49
VFA-49

Post by Flake »

There is a critical bug with database loading/saving in regards to datetime. I'll get this sorted out as fast as possible for you all!

EDIT: Halfway done! Will do the rest in the morning!
flyingfisch
Contributor
Contributor
Favorite Aircraft: Saab Gripen

Post by flyingfisch »

Is it possible to use Orb with WINE? I am going to guess it is, but my problem is that I don't think I have orb.exe in the right folder. Could you help me out?

EDIT:
hmm.. seems to be a problem with mono... investigating...

EDIT2:
Output:
Mono:

Code: Select all

flyingfisch@flyingfisch-toshiba-laptop:/media/2949-D309$ mono Orb.exe

Unhandled Exception: System.EntryPointNotFoundException: GetConsoleWindow
  at (wrapper managed-to-native) Orb.Program:GetConsoleWindow ()
  at Orb.Program.Main (System.String[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
[ERROR] FATAL UNHANDLED EXCEPTION: System.EntryPointNotFoundException: GetConsoleWindow
  at (wrapper managed-to-native) Orb.Program:GetConsoleWindow ()
  at Orb.Program.Main (System.String[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
Csharp:

Code: Select all

{interactive}(1,1): error CS1056: Unexpected character `'
{interactive}(1,2): error CS1056: Unexpected character `'
{interactive}(1,1): error CS1056: Unexpected character `'
{interactive}(1,3): error CS1056: Unexpected character `'
{interactive}(1,5): error CS1056: Unexpected character `�'
{interactive}(1,8): error CS1056: Unexpected character `'
{interactive}(1,9): error CS1525: Unexpected symbol `>'
{interactive}(1,11): error CS1056: Unexpected character `'
{interactive}(1,13): error CS1056: Unexpected character `'
{interactive}(1,14): error CS1056: Unexpected character `'
I have lots of that, just copy and pasted a small section because it outdid my scrollback of 500 lines. It basically keeps making errors like that until I ctrl-c out of it.
Flake
VFA-49
VFA-49

Post by Flake »

Support is strictly windows out of the box, but in theory WINE with .Net4 should work for you.

Look like you have an issue with commands being written to the console? I don't know what it's problem is, and I'm not really wanting to go out of my way and find out at this stage, sorry.

I've been working on the Clean Commands framework. I can now define commands with command descriptors, register them on start up immediately, and then search the list, and show if there are no, one, or more then one match.
Flake
VFA-49
VFA-49

Post by Flake »

The new command handling framework is thoroughly tested and fully implemented.

After much screwing around, @@, @, //, / and normal chat messages are all processing correctly again.
Commands are registered, and a framework checks to ensure that they don't use any funky characters, and follow specific rules.

With this, it is now possible to code commands by command name, without a nested if or switch tree. Another huge benefit is the ability to define wildcard components for your commands with "*". example, /User.*.Info is a valid command.

Porting of all commands to the new command structure will commence over the coming days. With it will come a much higher standard of stability.