What are you doing?

From the American Heritage Dictionary
mis·cel·la·ne·a - pl.n.: Miscellaneous items or written works collected together.
Midnight Rambler
Staff
Staff
Favorite Aircraft: F-16

What are you doing?

Post by Midnight Rambler »

So I guess that there are a few of us who are at University/College, in the services, workforce or still in school.

So, what are you doing?

I'm at uni studying a fast-tracked paramedicine bachelor degree. Being fast tracked, there is no summer holiday but I get the degree done in two years instead of three. I'm in my first year, second semester. Our degree has 48 people (started with 60) and I'm a third of the way through it.

Loving it and it is 99% likely that I will simply walk out of the degree and into a job.
iqmal_97
Senior Veteran
Senior Veteran
Favorite Aircraft: Sukhoi Su-30MKM

Re: What are you doing?

Post by iqmal_97 »

It's my fourth year in high school (or secondary school), anxiously waiting for next year's SPM...
I'm taking the Pure Science stream, which means I'll be taking Physics, Additional Mathematics, Chemistry and Biology as extra subjects. Oh, and I'm currently enjoying my status as one of the top students in my class (yeahhhh!)

Let's just say that drastic changes and decisions have been made early this year, and though many hardships were had, I hope they're all for the better. :)
[N007HA]Nynaiqmal_97 <= My usual online callsign
Mein Imgur gallery. Feel free to use any of my screenshots (Crediting me is optional, but greatly appreciated)
NightRaven
Senior Veteran
Senior Veteran
Favorite Aircraft: .

Post by NightRaven »

Third year in secondary school here. Currently in one of the top classes in the school, in the Express Stream. That means I has the Cambridge 'O' Levels next year, similar to iqmal's SPM.
Doing one of the optimal subject combinations: English, Higher Chinese, Geography+Social Studies (i.e. propaganda), Elementary and Additional Maths, and the 3 main sciences, Physics, Chemistry and Biology.

I'm not doing very well, but at least I'm in the top 25% of my cohort in the Express Stream. :mrgreen: Just hoping I don't screw up in these two crucial years.
iqmal_97
Senior Veteran
Senior Veteran
Favorite Aircraft: Sukhoi Su-30MKM

Post by iqmal_97 »

NightRaven wrote: Additional Maths
Just a little curious, how's the subject going for you? I'm having a very hard time to comprehend it all. Proof: I failed in my previous test
NightRaven wrote:Geography+Social Studies (i.e. propaganda)
OooooOOOoo, Geography eh? I absolutely LOVED it when we learnt it last year. Tis a shame that my stream doesn't have one as an option.
NightRaven wrote:Third year in secondary school here. Currently in one of the top classes in the school, in the Express Stream. That means I has the Cambridge 'O' Levels next year, similar to iqmal's SPM.
Doing one of the optimal subject combinations: English, Higher Chinese, Geography+Social Studies (i.e. propaganda), Elementary and Additional Maths, and the 3 main sciences, Physics, Chemistry and Biology.

I'm not doing very well, but at least I'm in the top 25% of my cohort in the Express Stream. :mrgreen: Just hoping I don't screw up in these two crucial years.
I'm amazed! Knowing you Singaporeans have quite a reputation education-wise here in Malaysia, you have my respect. It's nearly September but Ican't say that I'm quite satisfied with my performance on some subjects. Particularly as stated above, Additional Maths and Islamic Studies. Wishing you the best of luck!
[N007HA]Nynaiqmal_97 <= My usual online callsign
Mein Imgur gallery. Feel free to use any of my screenshots (Crediting me is optional, but greatly appreciated)
NightRaven
Senior Veteran
Senior Veteran
Favorite Aircraft: .

Post by NightRaven »

iqmal_97 wrote:
NightRaven wrote: Additional Maths
Just a little curious, how's the subject going for you? I'm having a very hard time to comprehend it all. Proof: I failed in my previous test
Um... not bad? But I'm rather disappointed at my recent results, which I got 74.7/100 for it. Damn...
iqmal_97 wrote:
NightRaven wrote:Geography+Social Studies (i.e. propaganda)
OooooOOOoo, Geography eh? I absolutely LOVED it when we learnt it last year. Tis a shame that my stream doesn't have one as an option.
Geog is easy. Not Social Studies though because propaganda.
iqmal_97 wrote:
NightRaven wrote:Third year in secondary school here. Currently in one of the top classes in the school, in the Express Stream. That means I has the Cambridge 'O' Levels next year, similar to iqmal's SPM.

I'm amazed! Knowing you Singaporeans have quite a reputation education-wise here in Malaysia, you have my respect. It's nearly September but Ican't say that I'm quite satisfied with my performance on some subjects. Particularly as stated above, Additional Maths and Islamic Studies. Wishing you the best of luck!
Same to you. :) These years are rather important.
Philster
Veteran
Veteran
Favorite Aircraft: Boeing 747

Post by Philster »

Sophomore year in high school. First time taking 2 AP classes. Hopefully it won't be too bad.
241st Shadow Hunter
Team Awesome # 241
Soji wrote:They were the last birds who could have been arrested for the criminal negligence.
Eric
Senior Veteran
Senior Veteran
Favorite Aircraft: Super Hornet

Post by Eric »

My education is in there somewhere: http://www.linkedin.com/in/erictendian
TL;DR: First semester at Illinois Institute of Technology, maj. in Information Technology and Mgmt.
I make this website.
Shiny Rice
57th Polyvalent Sq
57th Polyvalent Sq
Favorite Aircraft: Su-35

Post by Shiny Rice »

Heh. going to start 4th of ESO (secondary school) on September 13th, had my CPEs (Certificate of Proficiency in English)on June, which basically means I can be an English teacher everywhere. I've already been offered a job, actually.
And I'm teaching myself the 3D arts and progamming in a future.
CO of the 57th Cloud Rippers
"We rip those clouds apart so you can see the sun!"
Now 100% more decomissioned!
vandal
Veteran
Veteran
Favorite Aircraft: Tornado GR4

Post by vandal »

I work for a company that installs and services refrigeration and air conditioning systems. Every thing from small fridges in commercial kitchens to large walk in fridges found in super markets. I do a lot of work in pubs with beer cellar coolers.
Awesome 171st pilot
A member from yesteryear!
Also known as Princess Vandel
Gunny
Business Class Membership
Favorite Aircraft: Any thing with a prop.

Post by Gunny »

Seems right up your alley V. :D
Me just trying to pass time without going stir crazy and getting my doctorate in survival of heart disease and boredom with the aid of YSFHQ and good medication.(all physician prescribed of course.) ;)
Image[/align=centre]
Scarecrow
Senior Veteran
Senior Veteran
Favorite Aircraft: T-50B

Post by Scarecrow »

Sophomore year in college at the state university... and flying my tail off trying to get my flying ratings done. Shooting to get my commercial rating done by the end of the year.
VNAF ONE
Senior Veteran
Senior Veteran
Favorite Aircraft: A-10C Thunderbolt II

Post by VNAF ONE »

Studying Aeronautical Science at Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University in Daytona Beach, FL. This is my sophomore year and so far I have a Private Pilot's License and will be spending this semester/year working on my Instrument add-on. After that, I will possibly attempt to acquire my commercial and multi-engine license and add-on respectively.

I am also a Midshipmen 3rd Class Marine-option in ERAU's Navy ROTC program. This means upon graduation, I will receive a commission as a 2nd Lieutenant in the United States Marine Corps. However, that may change to becoming an Ensign in the Navy because I am in the process of trying to switch over.

Google anything you may not understand and feel free to ask me anything. I'd be happy to answer your questions and concerns. Happy Flying!
VNAF Aerobatics Commanding Officer and Founder - - - YSAS Member - - - YS Aerobatic Pilot
YS ACC A-10 East Coast Demo Team pilot - - - B-1B Razor Demo Team pilot
VFA-49 GhostHawks Commanding Officer
Gunny
Favorite Aircraft: Any thing with a prop.

Post by Gunny »

I would rather be a boot Lt, of Marines than an Ensign of the head.Of course I may be a bit prejudice. ;)
Image[/align=centre]
Flake
VFA-49
VFA-49
Favorite Aircraft: Boeing F/A-18A

Post by Flake »

Reception/Administration gig at a local Motel and just coasting in general.

Looking at getting into aviation but I'm not exactly sure how I'm going to do that yet.
I am an accountant working full-time (and some). I'm not here as often as I would like to be. Send a message if you need me. There are a few people in the community who can get in contact with me urgently if you need - don't be afraid to ask. I just don't check here as frequently as I used to. Sorry!
Killer
Contributor
Contributor
Favorite Aircraft: F-15E Strike Eagle/F-35C Lightning

Post by Killer »

Wow...You're all doing well.

I went to school and dropped out in Year 10 (Bad circumstances), and then I went to college and got kicked out. Now I'm training to be a Youth Worker (I'm only just 18!) but it's something I want to do I guess, give a little back to the world.
CVW-171st - VFA-165, The Highest Pilot in YSFlight.
Formerly known as Killerdeck/KD
Dragon029
Veteran
Veteran
Favorite Aircraft: F-35A

Post by Dragon029 »

OfficerFlake wrote:Reception/Administration gig at a local Motel and just coasting in general.

Looking at getting into aviation but I'm not exactly sure how I'm going to do that yet.
Sorry folks for the semi-revive, but:

What specific aspect are you going for at the moment?

If you're interested in getting into airport operations (management, etc) I could offer some tips; a friend of mine is currently doing an Av degree via correspondence so that he can get involved in higher-end stuff. For piloting, I can't really help though (you know more than me).
Per Ardua Ad Astra
>>> Dragon Addon Pack <<<
(PAK-FA, F/A-52, F/A-36, MQ-21)
Flake
VFA-49
VFA-49
Favorite Aircraft: Boeing F/A-18A

Post by Flake »

New plan:

50 hours paid through blood sweat and tears.

then 150 hours plus CPL, CIR through advanced diploma aviation paid by VETFEE-HELP.
I am an accountant working full-time (and some). I'm not here as often as I would like to be. Send a message if you need me. There are a few people in the community who can get in contact with me urgently if you need - don't be afraid to ask. I just don't check here as frequently as I used to. Sorry!
Midnight Rambler
Staff
Staff
Favorite Aircraft: F-16

Post by Midnight Rambler »

Well I'm wrapping up my second semester in paramedicine.

A quarter of the way into my degree and loving every moment of it. I've got a four week placement coming up on the 2nd of December. I finish on the 29th so I miss being on call for new years eve (thank god).

My sticker business is doing well and my part time job is constant. Needless to say I've got money coming in the door and so little time it's just plain sad some days. Sailing is the best, though. Also a great escape from it all!
Killer
Contributor
Contributor
Favorite Aircraft: F-15E Strike Eagle/F-35C Lightning

Post by Killer »

Got an interview for a company doing an apprenticeship in graphic design this week or next. According to someone who works there, I'm more likely to get it due to experience.
CVW-171st - VFA-165, The Highest Pilot in YSFlight.
Formerly known as Killerdeck/KD
Honey Badger
57th Polyvalent Sq
57th Polyvalent Sq
Favorite Aircraft: Anything that gets off the ground

Post by Honey Badger »

I'm a Junior in High-school right now. What comes after graduation is kinda uncertain right now. I'm not sure if I want to Enlist in the military straight out of High School or if I want to do the college grind and use that to enter as an officer or get some other job.