Add on comments.

YSFlight general discussion & everything in between
Gunny
Business Class Membership
Business Class Membership
Favorite Aircraft: Any thing with a prop.

Add on comments.

Post by Gunny » Wed Oct 23, 2013 10:39 pm

Gentlemen and I use the phrase loosely here.Never try to discourage any moder from continuing there work and sharing it with the community. As pointed out by Vandal in his post.If you do not care for a moders add-on you are free to not down load it.And if you have a burning desire to point out there discrepancy's you should at least have the common courtesy to do it in a constructive manor.And if you are an advanced builder you may want to take the time to point out to them how that is accomplished.And not just squash them into the virtual dirt just because you feel like it.Nuff said.
Image[/align=centre]

Eric
Senior Veteran
Senior Veteran
Favorite Aircraft: Super Hornet

Re: Add on comments.

Post by Eric » Thu Oct 24, 2013 5:43 am

Gunny, thanks for writing this. (and thanks to you too vandal for the initial post)

I've made this a global announcement so all of our members can read this. While the YSFHQ team tries to avoid suppressing feedback from our members, anyone giving feedback/criticism must please make sure their writing abides by the YSFHQ Rules and Terms of Service.

If you have previously posted something that you now feel may have been a bit harsh, please acknowledge your mistake and apologize like Dave so elegantly did. Let's use this as a teaching moment for us all so we can become a more respectful community.
I make this website.

Midnight Rambler
Staff
Staff
Favorite Aircraft: F-16

Post by Midnight Rambler » Thu Oct 24, 2013 9:03 pm

Gunny wrote:There where no names mentioned just so no one would feel (Screwed)MR.And as far as I am concerned Dave Js apology just proves what an EPIC kid he is.And was in the best tradition of the Empire.So if this really bothers you take it out of the thread and lodge a complaint with the admin.and give tigershark his thread back.
Ok, dumb this down for me. It effects all member of the forum and how we post.

Dave posted this:
Dave J wrote:This is real nice zak. I can't wait to see you perform in this at the air shows coming up!
And then this:
Dave J wrote: It's a Rafale fin :D
How does it get to the point that Dave feels the need to apologise for those posts? This thought resulted in my reply, gunny. I feel he got screwed and had no reason to apologise for those posts at all. I wouldn't think twice about apologising for a post like that.

LF on the other hand, was being nasty.

I'm not starting an argument, just seeking clarification. I want to know that I can post without feeling as though I need to make an apology afterwards.

Lord Flasheart
Contributor
Contributor
Favorite Aircraft: Avro Vulcan B.2A

Post by Lord Flasheart » Thu Oct 24, 2013 9:20 pm

Hardly.

Still, I wasnt exactly brimming with positive reinforcement.

vandal
Veteran
Veteran
Favorite Aircraft: Tornado GR4

Post by vandal » Thu Oct 24, 2013 9:22 pm

An apology is personal, and only the person apologising needs to understand their reasoning behind their apology. I don't feel his comments were overly mean or out of order. But, maybe he felt he was jumping on the band wagon or something. Gunny is simply commending Dave for being mature enough to publicly apologise.
But, it was Dave's decision to apologise and he wouldn't have if he didn't feel he needed to. He felt the need to so he did, for me, it's simple.

And like I said, my post wasn't meant to single anyone out. It just so happened that Flash and Dave were the only ones who had posted in the same topic that I chose to have a mini-rant.

The dumbed down version of what Gunny and this announcement are saying is:
"If you don't have something nice to say then don't say anything"
Awesome 171st pilot
>>>I am the shadow, and the smoke in your eyes. I am the ghost, that hides in the night<<<
Used to be an Admin, but then I rage quit. Now just one of you normal rejects
Also known as Princess Vandel

David
Modding Team
Modding Team
Favorite Aircraft: Grob G109B Vigilant

Post by David » Thu Oct 24, 2013 10:36 pm

Vandal, you are exactly right. I did feel I was jumping on that band-wagon of hate towards his aircraft thus my apology. I do hope this situation is all cool now.