323rd Expeditionary Air Wing

The home of forums for individual squads, recruiting offices and squad-centric discussion
Dan
Veteran
Veteran
Favorite Aircraft: Boeing 757-200

323rd Expeditionary Air Wing

Post by Dan »

AD TUENDAM ~ TO PROTECT

The 323rd EAW
The 323rd Expeditionary Air Wing is a European based combat squadron formed in April 2011 from a merger of the 367th Special Missions Wing and 323rd Fighter Squadron. It was commanded by Welshy and Martin-Dutchie. 2 years later the Squadron was re-opened and commanded by Welshy and Daniel. Our squadron operates and specializes in a large range of capabilities including air to air, Suppression of Enemy Air Defenses (S.E.A.D), Anti-shipping, transport and training/evaluation of our aircrew. Our ultimate aim is to help re-vitalize YSFlight squadron combat and to provide a like minded atmosphere for anyone who has an interest in combat flying whether it be fast jet or multi-engine.

100 (Air Superiority) Squadron
100 squadron specializes in air to air combat, QRA (Quick Reaction Alert) and Interception. The squadron operates a large number of aircraft including the F-16C Fighting Falcon, Typhoon FGR.4 and Tornado GR.4. 100 squadron can provide support to any squadron and are tasked with the protection and defense of the 323rd Expeditionary Air Wing.

201 (Ground Attack) Squadron
201 squadron specializes in Suppression of Enemy Air Defenses (S.E.A.D) and tactical bombing. 201 Squadron operates a wide range of aircraft including the A-10C Warthog, F-15E and AMX.

367 (Reserve) Squadron
367 squadron specializes in training and evaluating aircrew in the 323rd. 367 Squadron operates the Hawk T Mk.II and T-45 Goshawk. This is the starting place for new recruits who will learn basic and advanced flying tactics in all aspects of the 323rd. Pilots who complete flying training graduate onto the OCU (Operation Conversion Unit) in their chosen squadron of choice.

800 (Naval Air Squadron)
800 squadron specializes in carrier operations and anti-shipping. 800 NAS is multi-role and operate a large number of aircraft including the Buccaneer Mk.II, F-14D Tomcat and JAS 39 Sea Gripen. As the squadron is multi-role it can also provide support to other squadrons in the 323rd Expeditionary Air Wing.

8 (Support) Squadron
8 squadron specializes in tanker/transport operations. 8 Squadron operate the Airbus A330 MRTT and the ERJ-145 for training. The squadron is made up of full-time pilots and part-time Reserve pilots. If your currently in a Virtual Airline and want to experience the military side without becoming a combat pilot, then the 323rd reserve program may be for you. Reserve pilots operate along side full time pilots for a maximum deployment of 1 month. For more information visit our forum's recruitment section.

Applying to the 323rd
The 323rd are always looking for new pilots to join our squadron. If you are committed, Enthusiastic and have a passion for military aviation then you have the right qualities to join the 323rd as a pilot. Successful applicants join the 323rd as an Officer Cadet where you will be posted to 367 Squadron for basic and advanced flying training. Here you will learn valuable skills that are essential to the operation of the 323rd. Your flying training can take up 3 months (depending on trainee performance) which is why all trainees must be committed. After successful completion of flying training you will graduate onto your chosen squadron of choice depending on performance, current vacancies and operational capabilities. If you're interested in what we have to offer click on the link below to make an application to the 323rd Expeditionary Air Wing.

The squadron is currently at maximum capacity for new recruits. The 323rd can still approve and accept applicants, however they may be held on a waiting list until placements become available. Approved applicants during this time will have a guaranteed position when places become available.

323rd Squadron Pack
The 323rd squadron pack v.3 is now available by clicking on the download button below. We would be grateful if all server owners download this pack.
http://ysu.ysfhq.com/download.php?id=1208
Last edited by Dan on Sat Mar 15, 2014 10:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Former CEO of Fast Airways Virtual Airline 2011-2015
Former Group Captain/Training Officer 323rd Expeditionary Air Wing
Fast Airways screenshot library https://photos.app.goo.gl/NmboSFtxxqgnGFd79
YSFlight screenshot library https://photos.app.goo.gl/tE8mS2UWyKcBPqFCA
David
Modding Team
Modding Team
Favorite Aircraft: Grob G109B Vigilant

Re: 323rd Expeditionary Air Wing

Post by David »

Really nicely worded topic Dan, makes me feel proud to be apart of our squadron.
Svarttrost
Favorite Aircraft: Gloster Javelin

Post by Svarttrost »

Hats off! This is what i call a well-written recruitment topic! Long live the 323rd wing!
Alpha Star
Modding Team
Modding Team
Favorite Aircraft: One of them

Post by Alpha Star »

Vary nice recruitment topic there. Good luck with the squad. It looks really good so far guys!
I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want. If you are looking for my signature, I can tell you I don't have one. But what I do have are a very particular lack of skills, skills I have imagined having over a very long career. Skills that make me are completely useless in any situation. If you stop reading now, that'll be the end of it. I will not look for you, I will not pursue you. But if you don't stop reading, I will look for you, I will probably not find you, and I will kill your refrigerator.
David
Modding Team
Modding Team
Favorite Aircraft: Grob G109B Vigilant

Post by David »

Thanks for the kind words Alpha Star! Il pass them on to the rest of the squadron.