WWII Operations (dropped)

Mobiyus
Contributor
Contributor
Favorite Aircraft: F-18 Hornet

WWII Operations (dropped)

Post by Mobiyus » Wed Apr 30, 2014 1:04 am

Hi everyone,

With the revival of combat YS in general in mind, I intend to be running WWII Opertions. What does that mean is whenever you see me online in a WW2 aircraft, I will be conducting precise set of predefined objectives. Any and all is welcome to join either to assist me or destroy me, choice is entirely up to you. Missions and your presence in it will be kept on records. Know that using a WW2 aircraft is mandatory or I will pop 3 flares and ignore your presence. If you shoot me down in anything else than WW2 era aircraft, i will leave the server, and restart offline or later (but i don't think I have to worry much about those who read this... it's those who don't that will mess up my missions). If you do shoot me down in WW2 era aircraft, that means the mission is a failure, and will be logged as such.

***All standard combat rules applies, especially about vulching***

Most of the missions i will be doing are pretty simple and straightforward, and can be done alone. They will take time though, as I want to be as realistic as possible (return to original starting point when dying/refuel/resupply, no radar, no AP, one life). And there's a bit role-playing in all this off course, but nothing too serious.

Exemple of missions: Reconaissance routes, Resupply/transport troops from A to B, high altitude bombing and dive bombing, mostly in german aircrafts (any and all WW2 aircraft is welcome to join)

I will be mostly on 42South server, and ww2 2ch when it's up. But there will be times when i will be flying civilian flights on VAS, and modern jets on WW3 :)

Also, because there is SAM's on 42s tohuku, I have to start on IFF4. I know that sucks cuz AA guns don't shoot anymore.. but there's just too much of 'em anyway! I'm still a noob lol! There's a realistic advantage to this tho, since you see the targets as friendly, you don't see the green crossairs through your intrument panel, so that more realistic.

Any and all feedback is apreciated.
You can post any questions you may have here or PM me.

See you on the battlefield!

EDIT: added rules
EDIT 2: edited text to remove references to my previous squad. removed my questions about ribbons and stuff. edited text to reflect the fact that im not WW2 dedicated anymore
Last edited by Mobiyus on Tue May 20, 2014 6:31 pm, edited 4 times in total.
[VT-171]Mobiyus
YSRS YS Time Trial YSRSC
imgur YS Flight Album
Dorm room 2254
PSN

Nodoka Hanamura
Veteran
Veteran
Favorite Aircraft: Su-24, Mig-29, Su-27, F-18, F-15, ADF-01, Icon A5

Re: WWII Operations

Post by Nodoka Hanamura » Wed Apr 30, 2014 12:09 pm

Thanks for posting this here. I'll make sure to take note of that. If you need protection from anyone who doesn't seem to care and opens fire on you, just let me know, i'll come and help out.
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

Charlie3tears
Favorite Aircraft: Ju 87D

Post by Charlie3tears » Wed Apr 30, 2014 3:38 pm

Im glad the 501st is doing great in my absense but hopefully ill be on very very soon. Just remember before making changes let me know of whats going on after all i am the one who appointed you as crommander.
thanks for taking care of the squad and its World war 2 lovers.

-Charles Crago
El Presidente of the 501st
501st Head Hancho

Dan
Veteran
Veteran
Favorite Aircraft: Boeing 757-200

Post by Dan » Wed Apr 30, 2014 3:43 pm

Great job, hope all goes well. :)

Mobiyus
Contributor
Contributor
Favorite Aircraft: F-18 Hornet

Post by Mobiyus » Tue May 20, 2014 6:26 pm

Ok dropping this off, too much paperwork involved. I don't feel like filling reports everytime I play YS. And anyway WW2 is not much popular :(

It might be back with a differant formula (less often but scheduled, modern jets, add rules for more realism).
[VT-171]Mobiyus
YSRS YS Time Trial YSRSC
imgur YS Flight Album
Dorm room 2254
PSN