Flanker Squadron Skin

Looking for a particular addon? Search first and ask second!
[FDF] TheFurNinja
Favorite Aircraft: Anything that can out-speed your jet. :P

Re: Flanker Squadron Skin

Post by [FDF] TheFurNinja » Mon Jun 16, 2014 10:32 pm

Yep, sounds about right. Oranleed/Umaibow Credit for 3d model

Granny Apple Smith
Veteran
Veteran
Favorite Aircraft: The Boeing 757

Post by Granny Apple Smith » Mon Jun 16, 2014 11:12 pm

Am I doin it rite?

Also this is the black flanker not the elite one from the 241st. Do you want the original black or the dark grey from the pic you posted?
\Image
Beginner ATC for hire!
Current Projects:
-Pilatus PC12
-Mooney M20
-New England Scenery
Fine Print:
**Word of Caution**
My knowledge is limited. Anything I write in my posts may or may not be accurate. To be honest I think its all crap.

Skyline
Contributor
Contributor
Favorite Aircraft: Velocity XL-RG

Post by Skyline » Mon Jun 16, 2014 11:25 pm

Barracuz, please don't use the term, "japo", "jap", or any other derogatory term. The word you're looking for is "Japanese".

Granny Apple Smith
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Granny Apple Smith » Mon Jun 16, 2014 11:33 pm

I would never insult any language. I said "japo" as a shortened form of "japanese". Just like I would use 'glish for english, 'ñol" for spanish and so on....
And of course I used the word "wierd" because the stock text editor uses akward symbols in place of the japanese (or any other language) characters....

Eitherway I will edit my post.
Beginner ATC for hire!
Current Projects:
-Pilatus PC12
-Mooney M20
-New England Scenery
Fine Print:
**Word of Caution**
My knowledge is limited. Anything I write in my posts may or may not be accurate. To be honest I think its all crap.

Flake
Staff
Staff
Favorite Aircraft: Honda CBR600RR. Shit I mean Boeing F/A-18A.

Post by Flake » Mon Jun 16, 2014 11:34 pm

That's just like saying _____ instead of "African American" because it's shorter and easier for you.
And this is where I'd put my signature...
IF I HAD ONE!
+_+

Granny Apple Smith
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Granny Apple Smith » Mon Jun 16, 2014 11:39 pm

So its wrong if i called myself a pork and cheese beaner?

Ok I'm sorry if my wording offended anyone. I never intended to offend anyone I just felt lazy thats all. It will never happen again......
Beginner ATC for hire!
Current Projects:
-Pilatus PC12
-Mooney M20
-New England Scenery
Fine Print:
**Word of Caution**

[FDF] TheFurNinja
Favorite Aircraft: Anything that can out-speed your jet. :P

Post by [FDF] TheFurNinja » Mon Jun 16, 2014 11:45 pm

Am I doin it rite?

Also this is the black flanker not the elite one from the 241st. Do you want the original black or the dark grey from the pic you posted?
I actually like the black colors, but perhaps a little lighter. Its only missing (currently, I don't know what you saw) the lighter area where the gun is, the leading edge blue on the elevators, and the logo on the Vertical Stabilizers.

Thanks for doing our skin man, the squadron is currently pumped about this!

P.S. Can we also get a darker blue, that one seems to glow a bit too much, thanks!

Granny Apple Smith
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Granny Apple Smith » Mon Jun 16, 2014 11:53 pm

Gotcha boss!
Beginner ATC for hire!
Current Projects:
-Pilatus PC12
-Mooney M20
-New England Scenery
Fine Print:
**Word of Caution**

USCG Helo 1
Contributor
Contributor
Favorite Aircraft: A-10C Warthog

Post by USCG Helo 1 » Sat Jun 28, 2014 8:26 pm

Did a little search to find the old 241st pack that I've grown so fond of, when I found this thread.

Gotta say, It's a little strange to see the old gal in a different paint scheme. Nevertheless, I'm glad that someone's still using her.

Don't know if you've gotten your permission thing sorted out, but as the former CO, I give you the 241st's permission to use our lovely bird. Now, you may still need (I believe it was Welino's) permission, but from the squad standpoint, you've got my ok.

Might just have to put in an App to keep an eye on her though ;)

Now, for the unpleasant part.

I just wish that you would have contacted me, or another former 241st member, before using it in the first place. As far as I know, you did not receive permission to "borrow" (as stated in the first post of this thread) our aircraft to begin with. Regardless of whether the 241st is disbanded or not, all the aircraft in our mod pack still have our tag, markings, and color scheme on them, making them squadron aircraft. For a squadron to use another's aircraft without consent is highly unprofessional, and frankly, downright disrespectful. To not put in the effort to ask for permission, even if it may take time to receive feedback, implies that we are not worth your time, and that you believe yourself above us. All it would've taken was a few minutes to ask a question through a PM or email, which I check regularly, and everything would be perfectly fine. As it is, I'm rather disappointed that I had to find this out myself, as opposed to someone telling me about it.

Now, if you had previously secured permission for its use by someone else, then I sincerely apologize for the above outburst, and ask that it be disregarded.
Only the weak boast, only the humiliated insult. Honor is not shown by your prowess in combat, but by your character and ability to uphold others and stay loyal to them. Honor is union, honor is discipline, honor is pride.

Granny Apple Smith
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Granny Apple Smith » Sat Jun 28, 2014 8:53 pm

USCG Helo 1 wrote:

Now, for the unpleasant part.

I just wish that you would have contacted me, or another former 241st member, before using it in the first place. As far as I know, you did not receive permission to "borrow" (as stated in the first post of this thread) our aircraft to begin with. Regardless of whether the 241st is disbanded or not, all the aircraft in our mod pack still have our tag, markings, and color scheme on them, making them squadron aircraft. For a squadron to use another's aircraft without consent is highly unprofessional, and frankly, downright disrespectful. To not put in the effort to ask for permission, even if it may take time to receive feedback, implies that we are not worth your time, and that you believe yourself above us. All it would've taken was a few minutes to ask a question through a PM or email, which I check regularly, and everything would be perfectly fine. As it is, I'm rather disappointed that I had to find this out myself, as opposed to someone telling me about it.

Now, if you had previously secured permission for its use by someone else, then I sincerely apologize for the above outburst, and ask that it be disregarded.
Oh well I did send a pm to welnio asking for permission and I am still waiting for a response.

And the repaint is on my computer. The FDF squadron doesnt have it. Dont plan on handing it off without permission of course (I was planning on releasing it since from what ive managed to figure out the plane is a modified flanker from oranleed? But I wasnt 100% sure so I just left it on hold), so I think there is nothing to worry about as the repaint is on my laptop for my personal use not for squadron use(read the readme).

But if what ive done is wrong, my sincere apologies to the 241st and the creator of the mod,I will promptly delete the files and screenshots of the work.(I would never release a mod without some type of confirmation from someone)
Beginner ATC for hire!
Current Projects:
-Pilatus PC12
-Mooney M20
-New England Scenery
Fine Print:
**Word of Caution**

USCG Helo 1
Contributor
Contributor

Post by USCG Helo 1 » Sat Jun 28, 2014 9:43 pm

As far as I know, Barracuz, you have done nothing wrong. I have no issues with the repaint, as I've already given my consent for it. What I DO have an issue with, however, is the FDF using 241st aircraft in lieu of their own, without permission.
TheFurNinja wrote:My squadron is getting its roots here in YSF, and we want to stop borrowing 241st Black Flankers for our Fighter fleet
What it sounds like to me, is that they've been using unmodified squadron aircraft still retaining the original color scheme and any tags or markings as part of their own fleet. If I'm not mistaken, this is a No-No. I haven't received any emails or PMs regarding the use of our aircraft, and, as the former CO, it's my responsibility. So, unless someone has acted in my stead, they've been operating against regs (for lack of a better term).
Only the weak boast, only the humiliated insult. Honor is not shown by your prowess in combat, but by your character and ability to uphold others and stay loyal to them. Honor is union, honor is discipline, honor is pride.

Midnight Rambler
Senior Veteran
Senior Veteran
Favorite Aircraft: F-16

Post by Midnight Rambler » Sat Jun 28, 2014 10:15 pm

The FDF love the aircraft and have been flying it on servers in lieu of having it repaired in their own colours. They only started YS a few weeks ago having come from another sim.

So no-one can fly and use the aircraft without your permission at all?
Last edited by Midnight Rambler on Sat Jun 28, 2014 10:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bombcat
CVW-171
CVW-171
Favorite Aircraft: F-14D Tomcat

Post by Bombcat » Sat Jun 28, 2014 10:24 pm

The use of squadron aircraft has not traditionally been restricted to the pilots of a particular squadron. I know that the 241st Black Flanker Elite (the one with the red wing) has generally been restricted to specific members within that squadron, and any others would be attacked for using it - a rule which I have helped enforce in the past. The point of contention would be the possibility that one squadron has been using the unmodified aircraft of another squadron as their own. I don't honestly believe that this is the case here - I consider FDF's use more evaluative than exploitative. They tried out a lot of planes, found one they liked, and then attempted to go through proper channels in the best manner they knew to make their own comparable aircraft.
[CAG171]Bombcat, Commander, Air Wing 171
Team Awesome # 23
Former YSFHQ administrator.

USCG Helo 1
Contributor
Contributor

Post by USCG Helo 1 » Sat Jun 28, 2014 11:17 pm

Midnight Rambler wrote:The FDF love the aircraft and have been flying it on servers in lieu of having it repaired in their own colours. They only started YS a few weeks ago having come from another sim.

So no-one can fly and use the aircraft without your permission at all?
So because they are new, they are an exception?

And that's not what I meant. There's nothing preventing people from flying our aircraft if they want to. That's why we put the pack out. However, if another squad wishes to use our aircraft as their own, it's common courtesy to, at the very least, ask permission from the other squad to use the aircraft before inducting it into their fleet.

Bombcat wrote:The use of squadron aircraft has not traditionally been restricted to the pilots of a particular squadron. I know that the 241st Black Flanker Elite (the one with the red wing) has generally been restricted to specific members within that squadron, and any others would be attacked for using it - a rule which I have helped enforce in the past. The point of contention would be the possibility that one squadron has been using the unmodified aircraft of another squadron as their own. I don't honestly believe that this is the case here - I consider FDF's use more evaluative than exploitative. They tried out a lot of planes, found one they liked, and then attempted to go through proper channels in the best manner they knew to make their own comparable aircraft.
Ok, this is the first I've heard of this. There was no mention (at least, from what I've found so far) that they had been trying other aircraft out as well. What it looked like to me was that they were exclusively using the 241st Flanker as their own. If I had known it was for evaluation purposes, I probably wouldn't have acted the way I did. I thank you for bringing this to my attention. As it is, I have already shown my views and given permission (whether needed or not) for the repaint.
Every squad should have their own aircraft, and I'm looking forward to seeing the finished product.

Granny Apple Smith
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Granny Apple Smith » Sun Jun 29, 2014 12:15 am

Actually they have. If you fly online with them all they talk about is how the 241st flanker is the best add-on for ysflight...

Anywho thanks for letting me repaint the plane.

Edit***

Who should I credit for the plane? The 241st in general or someone in particular?

Also do I have permission to repaint amd release other aircraft from the 241st/wicworks pack? (Just in case they want another craft from the same packs)
Beginner ATC for hire!
Current Projects:
-Pilatus PC12
-Mooney M20
-New England Scenery
Fine Print:
**Word of Caution**

Midnight Rambler
Senior Veteran
Senior Veteran
Favorite Aircraft: F-16

Post by Midnight Rambler » Sun Jun 29, 2014 12:36 am

But that's just it, they aren't claiming it as their own... They're flying it because it's as close as they have to something that they want to fly...

If a squad was flying 49th planes in lieu of their own aircraft for missions online then great - it still has the 49th tags on it and it's free publicity :)
USCG Helo1 wrote:So because they are new, they are an exception?

And that's not what I meant. There's nothing preventing people from flying our aircraft if they want to. That's why we put the pack out. However, if another squad wishes to use our aircraft as their own, it's common courtesy to, at the very least, ask permission from the other squad to use the aircraft before inducting it into their fleet.
Nope, just letting you know their circumstances.

That's what they're doing - this thread is evidence :). I guess it's similar to using a F-14 for the 49th. I'd ask Ice to use his mesh, but I doubt I'd ask Bomb if I can use a F-14 in my fleet. I think that's where you're going?

Either way, all is good in the world :D

USCG Helo 1
Contributor
Contributor

Post by USCG Helo 1 » Sun Jun 29, 2014 2:49 am

BARRACUZ wrote:Who should I credit for the plane? The 241st in general or someone in particular?

Also do I have permission to repaint amd release other aircraft from the 241st/wicworks pack? (Just in case they want another craft from the same packs)
Honestly, I have no idea about the SU-27. Ideally, it should be the creator, but I don't know who that is (I believe that was figured out in earlier posts?). Also, if they're using the same .DAT, add a credit for Dragon029, as he's the one that updated it to the newer version.

As long as you give credit. However, there are a few aircraft that can only be repainted for personal use, which are as follows according to the pack readme:
NOTE: THE FOLLOWING MODELS CAN BE ONLY REPAINTED FOR PERSONAL USE, NOT FOR SQUADRON USE AND THE CREDIT MUST BE GIVEN
- AIRBUS A-400M
- UH-60 BLACK HAWK
- RAH-66 COMANCHE
- Mh-53 Pavelow
- Aero L-39 Albatros
- Antonov An-71 Madcap
- CH-136 Kiowa / OH-58D Kiowa Warrior
- Mi-26 Halo
- F-111 Aardvark
- C-5M Super Galaxy
As long as it's not any of those, they can use it.

Midnight Rambler wrote:But that's just it, they aren't claiming it as their own... They're flying it because it's as close as they have to something that they want to fly...

If a squad was flying 49th planes in lieu of their own aircraft for missions online then great - it still has the 49th tags on it and it's free publicity :)
---
Nope, just letting you know their circumstances.

That's what they're doing - this thread is evidence :). I guess it's similar to using a F-14 for the 49th. I'd ask Ice to use his mesh, but I doubt I'd ask Bomb if I can use a F-14 in my fleet. I think that's where you're going?

Either way, all is good in the world :D
Not really. It was more along the lines of a copy/paste type thing, where you'd just take the aircraft and change the tag. But, I believe that Bomb's post has shed some much needed light on the matter, and has therefore changed the circumstances. I'm all for using it for research and evaluation. Just so long as the finished product isn't an almost exact replica, which, based on the repaint images, it won't be.

Flake
Staff
Staff
Favorite Aircraft: Honda CBR600RR. Shit I mean Boeing F/A-18A.

Post by Flake » Sun Jun 29, 2014 3:00 am

I find the "can't repaint my shit!" shit, really shallow and pedantic.

It's polygons. You are not selling them for money, let people benefit from your work.

This is why i release all my shit Creative Commons Share Alike - Non Commercial/Attributions.

Ie: You can use it and work with it however you want as long as you credit me on release and don't use it for a commercial purpose, AND you release under the same policy.
And this is where I'd put my signature...
IF I HAD ONE!
+_+

USCG Helo 1
Contributor
Contributor

Post by USCG Helo 1 » Sun Jun 29, 2014 4:36 am

I never said he couldn't repaint it, and the "Not for Squadron Use" thing is in the readme for the mod pack (which I didn't make).