Cat & Mouse mini-game
Helicopter Mass flight
Where: Crescent Island, [Y.V] Canyon Race, Bahamas Turks and Caicos, Slapstick
TS server IP: ts.ysfhq.com
Sunday October 19th
Crescent Island (stock)
16.00 - VNAF MaxG Aerobatic display
16.15 - Bush Frontiers Straight and Level
16.20 - tigershark's Bugatti Veyron
16.25 - The Shadow Dagger
16.35 - YS Ala 11 Typhoon Dynamic Display
16.50 - Race 1: Aerobatics checkpoint - Pitts_SC2
17.10 - Race 2: Helicopters checkpoint - Action_Chopper / LAPD_Chopper / News_Chopper
17.40 - Race 3: Jet fighters checkpoint - Stock F-15DJ
PMNV Bahamas Turks and Caicos
18.25 - Race 4: General aviation Cannonball - PMNV Cessna 182
18.30 - Cat & Mouse mini-game
Crescent Island (stock)
18.45 - Helicopter Mass Flight
18.55 - Final fly-by
This Grand Opening Event is in fact a pretense for the YSRS Championship to start with great fanfare! This will introduce regular racing within the YS community.
- Everyone will be flying the same aircraft during any given race. The reason for this is to remove the aircraft performance from the equation. With everyone starting from an equal state, only your skills will be a determining factor for victory.
- Fuel load is at your discretion and will not be enforced in any way. Experiment to discover the minimal amount needed for a given race.
- Start positions will be attributed randomly every races using random.org list randomizer.
- You are expected to know the track enough not to crash. If you do so, you are disqualified. It is recommended that you practice before showing up to the race.
- You are expected to take-off/apply full throttle only when given the signal to do so. Some races may have a flying start were we need to do a pace lap before starting. Failure to respect this rule results in a penalty after a verification of the replay by officials. The penality is one position loss on the final race result(or more if the illegal maneuver permitted to gain more than one position).
- For touch-and-go's, at least one wheel must touch the tarmac. You may touch-and-go as fast as you dare go, as long as one wheel touch the ground. Failure to respect this rule results in a penalty after a verification of the replay by officials. The penality is one position loss on the final race result (or more if the illegal maneuver permitted to gain more than one position).
- Aircraft repainting is allowed. Notify me by PM only when the final version is ready and uploaded, so I can update this topic. You are required to repaint this season's aircraft roster only. Note that permissions may be required and that not all aircrafts may qualify for repainting. Please respect the original creator wishes in that matter.
- A required aircraft for a given race may exists in multiple version. You are free to select the paint sheme of your liking, as long as the exact name stated on this topic is contained within the aircraft's name you select. When you see ''XX'' in the name stated here, it means there is multiple version avalaible.
- You are expected to have fun!
***Aerobatic PITTS_SC2 at [Y.V]Canyon Race: Grid start, 1 lap***
***Helicopter LAPD_Chopper / Action_chopper / News_chopper at [Y.V]Canyon Race: Grid start, 1 lap***
***Jet Fighter Stock F-15DJXX at [Y.V]Canyon Race: Grid start, 1 lap***
***General Aviation PMNV_CESSNA_182 at Bahamas Turks and Caicos: Grid start, George Town to New Port Nelson to New Bight, touch-and-go at New Port Nelson***
***Due to the nature of this event, only 4 aerobatic displays will be presented. First 4 people to post displays that meets requirements will be selected. Only 1 solo display per person will be allowed. Only 1 display in each type of aircraft will be allowed (aerobatic single propeller, general aviation single/twin propeller, helicopter. jet fighter)There is no limitations on the type of display, only the type of aircraft and duration. Jet fighter and Aerobatic displays are limited to 10 minutes maximum. Helicopter and general aviation displays are limited to 5 minutes maximum. Note that for this event the sobriety of the helicopter pilot will be verified.***
Display Name -
Aircraft used -
Names of Pilot -
Country of Origin - (can be your country or origin of your display)
Time Zone - (GMT)
Download link - (required)
Link to official topic/website - (a place where more information on your display can be found for other people such as a topic or website)
You may be PM'd for further questions regarding your displays.[/spoil]
Click link for airshow box diagram
This is a test I hope you will enjoy! Two teams will be formed up and the goal is simple, cats must kill all mouses within allowed time! No registration required, we will form up teams on the fly during the event. What I expect here is sort of a hide'n seek, the many tunnels and hazards of slapstick providing some protection to the mouses against the cats. Airplanes will start from air positions and stay above 10000ft. Once everyone spawned, server will be locked and helo's will have a 1 minute headstart to hide, then airplanes can dive in to clean up the pest. Mouses will win if at least 1 helo is alive at the end of the allocated time! Note that the host may require people to switch side in order to preserve the determined Cat/mouse ratio.
server settings: unguided weapons enabled, Show username 0m
Duration: 8 minutes
Starting Cat/Mouse ratio 1:2
Cats use (stock airplane TBD), mouses use (stock helo TBD)
[spoil][s]I am in need of a narrator![/s]English being my second language, I'd rather have someone do this for me. VNAF ONE is now the narrator.
[s]I am also in need of a referee.[/s] Given my desire to participate in racing but also concerned about impartiality, I'd rather share that job with someone. MD5Ray01 is the second referee[/spoil]
It is my pleasure to build this event for the enjoyment of the community and I did my best to offer diverse activities. As a first experience in event hosting, I'm aware that adjustments will be needed. Any and all feedback is welcome and appreciated. That being said, I hope you all enjoy it!
Thanks to Patrick31337 for giving permission to use Bahamas Turks and Caicos
Thanks to Scarecrow for pointers and guidance
Thanks to VNAF ONE and MD5Ray01 for narration and referee role
Thanks to Soji