Morning Glory

From the American Heritage Dictionary
mis·cel·la·ne·a - pl.n.: Miscellaneous items or written works collected together.
TheNicofabi
Rookie
Rookie
Favorite Aircraft: F-16C Fighting Falcon, Boeing 787

Morning Glory

Post by TheNicofabi » Thu Oct 30, 2014 5:11 pm

Well i actually think i could kinda open up that topic since i recently finished a Visual Novel that was about Gliders and actually a realy cool phenomena that happens rarly on our planet called Morning Glory.

I just think that this is like something realy cool. Its a cloud formation that drags on km's and is about 2km upwards and like is just a straight line of clouds. I guess you guys should see it in this pic:

Just tell me if you heard anything, saw it once or what you think about it.
Its just something realy cool in my opinion.
"When history witnesses a great change, Razgriz reveals itself. First, as a dark demon. As a demon, it uses its power to rain death upon the land, and then it dies. However, after a period of slumber, Razgriz returns. This time, as a great hero." - Ace Combat 5 - The Unsung War

Barr
Veteran
Veteran
Favorite Aircraft: The Boeing 757

Re: Morning Glory

Post by Barr » Thu Oct 30, 2014 5:22 pm

Isn't that like a cold/warm front moving about?

That's a very rare siting. Maybe it's an alien warship in disguise.
Beginner ATC for hire!
Current Projects:
-Pilatus PC12
-Mooney M20
-New England Scenery
Fine Print:
**Word of Caution**
My knowledge is limited. Anything I write in my posts may or may not be accurate. To be honest I think its all crap.

Alpha Star
Modding Team
Modding Team
Favorite Aircraft: One of them

Post by Alpha Star » Thu Oct 30, 2014 5:39 pm

Its very nice, I think is Frontal Wave. When an air mass moves over another one and falls down the other side like a wave, thus forming this cloud, rare sight, the more common sight for wave is caused by mountains called lenticular, like this:
I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want. If you are looking for my signature, I can tell you I don't have one. But what I do have are a very particular lack of skills, skills I have imagined having over a very long career. Skills that make me are completely useless in any situation. If you stop reading now, that'll be the end of it. I will not look for you, I will not pursue you. But if you don't stop reading, I will look for you, I will probably not find you, and I will kill your refrigerator.

Neocon
First Class Membership
First Class Membership
Favorite Aircraft: Baron 58

Post by Neocon » Thu Oct 30, 2014 5:41 pm

Those clouds are caused by chemtrails containing a mixture of chemicals that assist the government in population control. :lol:

TheNicofabi
Rookie
Rookie

Post by TheNicofabi » Thu Oct 30, 2014 7:33 pm

Patrick31337 wrote:Those clouds are caused by chemtrails containing a mixture of chemicals that assist the government in population control. :lol:
Well you are kinda taking the weirdom a bit too far xD...

Well in the Visual Novel it looked like this:

They described it as it only happening avarage every 27 years and you can predict it by the sky getting purple than it getting colder than it would be normaly at that time of year and then a slight wind that you mention.

Also i do only take my pics of the web. I have never seen this phenomena and never went on a flight yet i just got interested once i knew it was a real thing.
"When history witnesses a great change, Razgriz reveals itself. First, as a dark demon. As a demon, it uses its power to rain death upon the land, and then it dies. However, after a period of slumber, Razgriz returns. This time, as a great hero." - Ace Combat 5 - The Unsung War

Stingx
Veteran
Veteran
Favorite Aircraft: ufo

Post by Stingx » Thu Oct 30, 2014 8:53 pm

TheNicofabi wrote:
Patrick31337 wrote:Those clouds are caused by chemtrails containing a mixture of chemicals that assist the government in population control. :lol:
Well you are kinda taking the weirdom a bit too far xD...
Weird? Chemtrails aren't something new. Do yourself a favor. Research.

In this case though, I find it strange for it to be directly produced chem lines looking at the density of the clouds and altitude of the formation. If anything, it looks like a drift of some sort. Notice how it's usually over land. That's obvious evidence of chemtrails.
Last edited by Stingx on Thu Oct 30, 2014 10:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dragon029
Veteran
Veteran
Favorite Aircraft: F-35A

Post by Dragon029 » Thu Oct 30, 2014 10:00 pm

There's one in particular down here in Australia that's allowed people to fly over 600km in a hang glider; pretty awesome stuff.
Royal Australian Air Force
Per Ardua Ad Astra
>>> Dragon Addon Pack <<<
(PAK-FA, F/A-52, F/A-36, MQ-21)

TheNicofabi
Rookie
Rookie

Post by TheNicofabi » Fri Oct 31, 2014 4:57 pm

Stingx wrote:In this case though, I find it strange for it to be directly produced chem lines looking at the density of the clouds and altitude of the formation. If anything, it looks like a drift of some sort. Notice how it's usually over land. That's obvious evidence of chemtrails.
Well i dont say you arent right with the chemtrails though as i said, the Morning Glory is km's long and builds itself not just over land.

Monoceros
Modding Team
Modding Team
Favorite Aircraft: Tomcat Series

Post by Monoceros » Wed Nov 12, 2014 2:36 pm

I saw one out in California one time over the Frasier Mountain Range near the San Andreas Fault Line around 1989/1990. Haven't seen one happen ever since that time.