B1B Lancer "No Antidote"

Looking for a particular addon? Search first and ask second!
twigs12
Favorite Aircraft: B1B Lancer

B1B Lancer "No Antidote"

Post by twigs12 »

Can some one make a B1B lancer from the 9th bomber squadron based at Dyess AFB named "No Antidote." Heres a couple of picture if it helps.
Ace Lord
VFA-49
VFA-49
Favorite Aircraft: B-52H Stratofortress

Re: B1B Lancer "No Antidote"

Post by Ace Lord »

This, children, is a good example of what not to do when you first join YSFHQ. You should consider taking the time and effort to become more well-known and involved within the community before firing off a request for a repaint.
< BoH
VNAF ONE
Senior Veteran
Senior Veteran
Favorite Aircraft: A-10C Thunderbolt II

Post by VNAF ONE »

Honestly, I don't see anything that wrong with the request. How "well-known" does someone have to be? This is what the HQ is for. There are B-1B's already made in YS and it simply needs some patch changes. I second the request.
VNAF Aerobatics Commanding Officer and Founder - - - YSAS Member - - - YS Aerobatic Pilot
YS ACC A-10 East Coast Demo Team pilot - - - B-1B Razor Demo Team pilot
VFA-49 GhostHawks Commanding Officer
Av8Tor
Contributor
Contributor
Favorite Aircraft: Boeing 737

Post by Av8Tor »

Ace, don't be a jerk. His request is perfectly fine. What you just did was set an example of what not to do after being a veteran member. Are you trying to drive people away from the community? I agree with VNAF - someone does not have to be "well-known" to have a valid request.

Great request twigs... 49th has a B1 and I love flying it... But it could use a repaint!
Ace Lord
VFA-49
VFA-49
Favorite Aircraft: B-52H Stratofortress

Post by Ace Lord »

VNAF ONE wrote:Honestly, I don't see anything that wrong with the request. How "well-known" does someone have to be? This is what the HQ is for. There are B-1B's already made in YS and it simply needs some patch changes. I second the request.
"Well-known" to me basically means someone that has been a around and active a few times a week for about a month. I honestly don't want the requests forum to look like it did back in the YSP 2.0 days.
Av8Tor wrote:Ace, don't be a jerk. His request is perfectly fine. What you just did was set an example of what not to do after being a veteran member. Are you trying to drive people away from the community? I agree with VNAF - someone does not have to be "well-known" to have a valid request.

Great request twigs... 49th has a B1 and I love flying it... But it could use a repaint!
I have no problem with the request itself. Is it seriously too much to ask that someone not be a complete stranger to everyone else before making an addon request?
< BoH
VNAF ONE
Senior Veteran
Senior Veteran

Post by VNAF ONE »

The idea is that this place is more welcoming to things like this, and maybe we should be less "by the book" and "you're too new here."

Anyways, I'd be open to seeing some Bone work done if anyone's got a free agenda. I think the birds could look and operate a bit more nicely. Take Kisuke's B-1B if you want an example. I think that's the nicest one around and it flies wonderfully.
VNAF Aerobatics Commanding Officer and Founder - - - YSAS Member - - - YS Aerobatic Pilot
Neocon
First Class Membership
First Class Membership
Favorite Aircraft: Baron 58

Post by Neocon »

I noticed the join date was in 2012, the previous post was in 2013, and this is 2014.

The Lancer is one of the more interesting military planes.
Deleted User 1872

Post by Deleted User 1872 »

Twigs12, I would be happy to make you this No Antidote B-1B, no arguments included. I'll try and get the tail and the decals right, so that it looks good to you. Also Ace, I'm sorry but people should have the freedom at any time to request something, as long as it's not a whole huge galaxy of planes.

Kujo :)

---Update 10:27 PM 11/129/14---

Getting the tail done, and pretty soon moving on to the nose decals.
If you don't mind, I'll throw in an extra B-1B Lancer in there with a different tailcode. These look good for an airshow ;)

Gunny
Business Class Membership
Favorite Aircraft: Any thing with a prop.

Post by Gunny »

Ease up guys I think there is a failure to communicate here Twigs12 request is completely within our guideline and also perfectly legit.And Ace did have from the information he had at the time a valid point.But as will happen from time to time what we perceive is not always what something is.So there really is no need to keep this discussion going except to discuss his request as posted.No more BONE of contention OK :D
Image[/align=centre]
Deleted User 1872

Thanks Gunny, you the BOMB
iqmal_97
Senior Veteran
Senior Veteran
Favorite Aircraft: Sukhoi Su-30MKM

Post by iqmal_97 »

As being a member of this community for about 3 years or so, I think Ace has a point. While there is nothing wrong with twigs requesting despite being new here (quite new in fact, 2 posts?), his lack of interaction within the forums left something to be desired.

I think they should take their time to earn other's trust and familiarity before demanding someone to do something for them. I take this from my experience being a newbie during the days of YSP. All I'm asking you, twigs, or any other new members out there to take your time in knowing and earning trust with other members. Believe me, it's gonna reward you in ways you couldn't predict. ;)

Ace has a point, guys. But don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to point my finger at anyone specifically, here. Just felt like it needed to be said.
[N007HA]Nynaiqmal_97 <= My usual online callsign
Mein Imgur gallery. Feel free to use any of my screenshots (Crediting me is optional, but greatly appreciated)
VNAF ONE
Senior Veteran
Senior Veteran

Post by VNAF ONE »

I think the point of a request forum is being misunderstood then. There is no "demand" in the forum. If you look at twigs' account, he has been around for 2 years. Sure, maybe he hasn't interacted with the community, but I still see no reason he cannot post a "request". It can always be denied or just sit here like so many others, but he took the time to ask and give a little bit of information for someone to take it on.

Don't expect things to stay the way they have been in the past. That gets us nowhere and then everyone complains about how things aren't changing or getting better. Get over yourselves.

#endofdiscussiononthismatterhere

Glad this request is being worked on Kujo. Good on you!
twigs12
Favorite Aircraft: B1B Lancer

Post by twigs12 »

I never demanded anything, I was requesting. No one had to do this aircraft and the only reason why I wanted this specific aircraft was because I have close friend in the air force that was one of the crew members for this aircraft. Also the reason why I haven't been active since 2013 was because that was when this sim was going through "hard times" and no one was really sure if any one would still be using this sim in a few months from then. Thank you Kujo for working on this, I really appreciate it.
Flake
VFA-49
VFA-49
Favorite Aircraft: Boeing F/A-18A

Post by Flake »

It's YSFlight. It's always in "hard times".

As long as you enjoy YS and spend time with the others that do, there is never going to be a "death" of YS.
I am an accountant working full-time (and some). I'm not here as often as I would like to be. Send a message if you need me. There are a few people in the community who can get in contact with me urgently if you need - don't be afraid to ask. I just don't check here as frequently as I used to. Sorry!
Deleted User 1872

Flake, we need you back for things just like that. Calm the rage down
Gunny
Favorite Aircraft: Any thing with a prop.

Post by Gunny »

Jeez kids if you love drama that much go watch soap operas for crying out loud.Just do not bring them here.Nothing further to discusse seeing Twigs12 had his request filled by KUJO.
Image[/align=centre]