Dragon's Furnace WIP

YSFlight addon development, questions, tutorials, & more!
Dragon029
Veteran
Veteran
Favorite Aircraft: F-35A

Dragon's Furnace WIP

Post by Dragon029 » Fri May 06, 2011 6:13 am

First of all, I tend to be a very experimental modder, creating mods to a certain degree, then abandoning them prior to completion.

There are 3 sections below:
WIP - this includes experimental projects and proper projects - current project files cannot be downloaded unless you're a beta tester for late development.
Modbox - this will have links to my experimental and abandoned projects - they are available for download, but their quality isn't great - if you decide to compete them yourselves, they'll be yours, but just include credit.
Ideas - aircraft I would like to mod and am thinking of.

WIP

Tu-160 - main project
Progress: 30% - this project is/was Welnio's. Due to personal life however, he is unable to mod - this model and the permission to mod it / release it has been given by him. Credit will be given.
Plan: fix up some minor normal issues, split the flaps, colorsplit the model, recenter the moving .srf's, create bombay, cockpit, gears, add engine & extra details, paint, release.

Current Minor Project:
F/A-XX Next Generation Air Dominance fighter.
Stealth, energy weapons, even more amazing sensor technologies and advanced flight capabilities made even better by the optional UCAV variant make this vehicle a lethal brother to the JSF and F-22.

Modbox
Download Here
Bam, interested in any of these? Grab ahold of them yourself and take a go.

If you intend to mod one of these aircraft / release them, you must contact me here first - the F-111 itself is property of ACAce & Welnio, the Halo models were originally from the sketchup warehouse with permission and the large stealth transport, the Manta, was made by me, compiled into a .dnm by Midnight Rambler.

Aircraft I'm interested in:
B-2, AH-64, MH-60S concept (Stealth Blackhawk), J-20, X-47B, X-45C, Aurora concept, etc.
Last edited by Dragon029 on Wed Aug 31, 2011 1:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Royal Australian Air Force
Per Ardua Ad Astra
>>> Dragon Addon Pack <<<
(PAK-FA, F/A-52, F/A-36, MQ-21)

Iceman
Core Staff
Core Staff
Favorite Aircraft: F-16C Viper

Re: Dragon's Furnace WIP

Post by Iceman » Fri May 06, 2011 1:23 pm

Nice stuff so far.
You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '' at line 1
Homie I'll SQL YOUR syntax

Dragon029
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Dragon029 » Wed Aug 31, 2011 1:27 pm

Good news I guess - a quick new mesh has been made:

I actually surprised myself with the speed that I completed that one in.

In related news - my other projects are still progressing, although I think I saw a snail pass me by earlier today.
I'm currently finishing Term 3 of my last year of high school - I won't be able to do much these holidays because I'll be in New Zealand without a laptop and next term is hectic, though short. November 18th marks my last day as a student (at least for the next year and a bit) so I'm going to have a fair bit of free time on my hands quite soon - it's just a matter of getting there.

Also I finally rounded up those random files and uploaded them to the OP.
Per Ardua Ad Astra

Shutter

Post by Shutter » Wed Aug 31, 2011 3:28 pm

Neat, Looks a bit like boeing's f/a-xx concept.

Dragon029
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Dragon029 » Thu Sep 01, 2011 4:49 am

It is, although I'm using a different concept image as a base:

I'll probably chuck in the alternative, intakes-on-the-bottom design as well; its quite a simple design and I've started getting fast with making meshes since I started messing with the entity details of curves (changing the number of segments on different curves to make tangents easy to create and reduce polygons).
Per Ardua Ad Astra

Shutter

Post by Shutter » Thu Sep 01, 2011 9:52 pm

:oops: My bad for not scrolling back up to see you call it that. Yea, I'm more of a fan of the underside intakes myself. The cat ear looking ones weird me out a bit.

Iceman
Core Staff
Core Staff
Favorite Aircraft: F-16C Viper

Post by Iceman » Thu Sep 01, 2011 11:18 pm

Keep it up, Dragon.
You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '' at line 1
Homie I'll SQL YOUR syntax