[PROGRAM] OpenYS - Open Source YSFlight Server!

Note that alterations to the YSFlight .EXE is forbidden
Flake
Core Staff
Core Staff
Favorite Aircraft: Boeing F/A-18A

Post by Flake » Sat Jan 24, 2015 11:03 am

Added login confirmation for next version.
Console is now dual input/output.

Tomorrow will work on a command handling class and then the first command to dump all server data to a bug file. hopefully that will help me solve the problems.

I'm sorry about the server problems guys - it IS my failsafe protocal to stop the server crashing outright but unfortunately I haven't got an answer as to why it is happening - what's the bet it's something horribly simple.
I am an accountant working full-time (and some). I'm not here as often as I would like to be. Send a message if you need me. There are a few people in the community who can get in contact with me urgently if you need - don't be afraid to ask. I just don't check here as frequently as I used to. Sorry!

Flake
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Flake » Sun Jan 25, 2015 2:11 am

Commands handling and console chat now supported.

Commands so far: /Help, /Listusers.
I am an accountant working full-time (and some). I'm not here as often as I would like to be. Send a message if you need me. There are a few people in the community who can get in contact with me urgently if you need - don't be afraid to ask. I just don't check here as frequently as I used to. Sorry!

Neocon
First Class Membership
First Class Membership
Favorite Aircraft: Baron 58

Post by Neocon » Sun Jan 25, 2015 3:01 am

Thanks. This will be very useful. :)

Flake
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Flake » Sun Jan 25, 2015 4:35 am

Coded a logger that works in debug mode only - After every line in the program, the program will output what action it has taken. So far it is dropping the entire aircraft lst load process - no data parsing errors yet that I've found. Next will be scenery loading and than grounds.

The program speed is severely neutered in debug mode - frequent log file appends and thread locking reducing the program to snail pace - I've noticed no change yet to the speed of the program in release mode though. Debug mode will be exactly that - you've got a problem and you need to create a bug report log to send me. BTW Bug files are HUGE (Thousands of megabytes.) MY YSF AC Loading dump is already 8mb large per iteration. If anyone has a bug in future you will need to ZIP the log file to compress it!

Turns out I don't need to load the YSFlight Grounds Objects list at all - Don't know why I did that. - should save some time.

Flake
Core Staff
Core Staff

Re: [PROGRAM] OpenYS - Open Source YSFlight Server!

Post by Flake » Sun Jan 25, 2015 12:24 pm

Now Updated to Version 20150125(00)

Changes:
+Console is now threadsafe
+Many other server functions now threadsafe - should be far less data collisions. Praise Helix.
+Ground objects work correctly - turns out I just wasn't rotating them correctly hence why my glide slope was all screwy.
+Console now accepts user input for commands and messages.
+Users can now type commands, see below.
+A few basic commands added. Type /Help with any client or with the console for more details.
+Login confirmation.
+Updated the bug report form - it's now a Google form - much easier to use and better for the environment (and my mental stress). Let me know if you have issues with it.
+Data logger for Debug Build - debug build loads much more slowly now. This is only a partial upgrade - it handles the server loading only, nothing else yet! Hopefully we will iron out the bugs in the loading process!
~Server's becoming more orb by the day... Wasn't really my intention for the project but oh well. I'll accommodate basic requests for this server but user data base, score reporting, user securities etc. aren't intended to be added to the vanilla server!
+Server will now automatically reset after 2 hours. Reset messages will show up from T Minus 30 minutes onwards! It probably doesn't need it but we'll go with it anyway...
+Fixed a few bugs in the loading process for ground and starts. Hopefully this will solve a lot of the problems some of you were having!
+Debug plane spawns in debug build on maps with runways - that's just me testing the flight data packets. Enjoy! :)
-Removed Nukes.

Notes:
~Data logger is only partial - only loading phase at the moment (and that was a LOT of work!)
~Huge upgrade - could be many hidden bugs. Please test thoroughly! Expect an upgrade tomorrow

Download: https://www.mediafire.com/?uyu3jmvs915m1fa

---

Coming soon:
-Read all flight data. (about 75% of the way there! Really! I could smash it out in 3-4 hours if I wanted to!)
-More commands maybe?
-User Private Messaging - why the hell not...

Last edited by Flake on Tue Sep 01, 2015 12:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Flake
Core Staff
Core Staff

Re: [PROGRAM] OpenYS - Open Source YSFlight Server!

Post by Flake » Sun Jan 25, 2015 12:44 pm

Now Updated to Version 20150125(01)

Changes:
+Fixed a critical bug where an ampersand (&) typed in the console would kill the program.

Notes:

Download: https://www.mediafire.com/?q8856c6drvw0c2n

---

Coming soon:
-Read all flight data. (about 75% of the way there! Really! I could smash it out in 3-4 hours if I wanted to!)
-More commands maybe?
-User Private Messaging - why the hell not...

Last edited by Flake on Tue Sep 01, 2015 12:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Neocon
First Class Membership
First Class Membership
Favorite Aircraft: Baron 58

Post by Neocon » Sun Jan 25, 2015 7:08 pm

I used the bug report function, but pastebin crashed my browser...twice. Here is a .zip with the log.

In debug mode, the server crashed when I was logging in. The normal OYS does not crash and runs quite well with one exception...
The reason I was running debug mode was because on the Antigua map, the ground objects at Bradshaw Airport were offset from their proper positions in the server. It is only the ground objects in the child scenery for that particular airport. They are placed correctly offline, but using OYS places them, still in the same "formation" about 1 km away from where they should be. I used scenery editor to place those ground objects into a new child scenery and most of them spawn in the right place, so it might have something to do with the particular child scenery in which they were originally located.

Flake
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Flake » Mon Jan 26, 2015 12:24 am

I'll look into it! Thanks!

EDIT: There doesn't appear to be any errors thrown in the loading process at all, which means my handling logic is wrong. I've downloaded your map and I will install it and test it myself, aiming to find the errors.

It's a problem with my code logic - I'm rotating or repositioning something wrong...

EDIT2: Looks like the Z position is being calculated incorrectly, more info to come.
OPENYS
GROUNDOB PMNVSTAIRS FALSE
IDENTIFY 1
IDANDTAG 76 ""
GNDPOSIT 0m 0m 0m
GNDATTIT 0rad 0rad 0rad
GNDFLAGS 0
NUMGDREC 1 3
-38452.96 0.0 22696.34 -1.22 0.0 0.0
0 5
0.00 0.00 0.00 0.00 0.00 0.00 0.00 0.00 0.00 0 0 0
0 0 0 0 0 0
STOCK
GROUNDOB "PMNVSTAIRS"
IDENTIFY 0
GNDPOSIT -38452.96m 0.00m 23988.48m
GNDATTIT -70.00deg 0.00deg -0.00deg
GNDFLAGS 0
EDIT 3: Looks like I've fixed positioning now but the objects don't appear to be rotated correctly? more investigation to come...

EDIT 4: Okay both are now fixed - re-release inbound.