YSRSC2 Preparations. Make your voice heard!

YSFlight general discussion & everything in between

What type of aircraft would you rather race with?

High-Speed Jet aircrafts
58%
Low-Speed Propeller aircrafts
17%
Custom Race mods (Major's Formula YS, Iceman's YSGP)
17%
Fantasy aircrafts
8%
Other (specify in comments)
No votes

Total votes: 12

Mobiyus
Contributor
Contributor
Favorite Aircraft: F-18 Hornet

Post by Mobiyus » Fri May 22, 2015 7:35 pm

I’m about to revive racing and I wish some feedback before moving forward. I originally planned to use Major’s Formula YS mod for season 2, but given the high crash rate of last season and my inability to run ‘’high-end’’, VNAF-level types of events, I’m considering going with a more casual, ‘’low-end’’ type of racing. Instead of using a variety of types of aircrafts, we would use just one category of slow aircrafts on simple tracks all the times for easier entry. DNF rate was way too high in season 1. I know that nothing prevent me from hosting high-speed races in a casual setting, but my first aim is to lower the plane crash rate, my second aim is to lower expectations... I am no entertainer :? Bonus race will stay unchanged, it still could be anything and will not count . As for the tracks, I will reduce the number of races per season and use fewer racetracks. It will probly be mostly YV Canyon, PMNV ice planet and KZS Oh! Race in the sky! Any thoughts, suggestions? Your voice will have an impact.

As for the server, I will clean it up and update it with recent mods. Suggestions?

Anything you would like to see, or NOT see in the next season? Tell it here!

And finally, let’s say one would eventually like to create his own sceneries… I’m thinking Blender and DNM Viewer are required to build objects and Scenery Editor for the actual scenery? Right?
[VT-171]Mobiyus
YSRS YS Time Trial YSRSC
imgur YS Flight Album
Dorm room 2254
PSN

Barr
Veteran
Veteran
Favorite Aircraft: The Boeing 757

Post by Barr » Fri May 22, 2015 10:29 pm

I haven't participated but maybe some obstacles like firing targets while racing, landing at checkpoints and taking off, switching aircraft at checkpoints for added difficulty and some variety?, aaa and sams, even ai aircraft
Beginner ATC for hire!
Current Projects:
-Pilatus PC12
-Mooney M20
-New England Scenery
Fine Print:
**Word of Caution**
My knowledge is limited. Anything I write in my posts may or may not be accurate. To be honest I think its all crap.

Mobiyus
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Mobiyus » Sat May 23, 2015 2:03 am

BARRACUZ wrote:I haven't participated but maybe some obstacles like firing targets while racing, landing at checkpoints and taking off, switching aircraft at checkpoints for added difficulty and some variety?, aaa and sams, even ai aircraft

Thank you for your input, however all of those thing would most likely increase the number of plane crashes and increasing difficulty is the opposite of what I'm trying to acheive. For bonus races though, these are really good ideas :) as they don't count for points I don't mind the crashing as much lol. I will use some of them in bonus races but not all because some of your idea would require modding, I can't do it just yet, so who will?

Oh and also... Who would like to be a judge in a Red Bull Racing event? Who would like to co-host with me, so it can actually be entertaining? Who would like to race in this? Who would like to attend this?
[VT-171]Mobiyus
YSRS YS Time Trial YSRSC
imgur YS Flight Album
Dorm room 2254
PSN

Neocon
First Class Membership
First Class Membership
Favorite Aircraft: Baron 58

Post by Neocon » Sat May 23, 2015 5:29 am

Long ago, in a galaxy far, far away, on a planet called Hoth, we had a discussion about future race course ideas. Let me know if you need any help. :lol:

Mobiyus
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Mobiyus » Mon May 25, 2015 7:53 pm

Patrick31337 wrote:Long ago, in a galaxy far, far away, on a planet called Hoth, we had a discussion about future race course ideas. Let me know if you need any help. :lol:
I figured you would be ok with that but I didn't take your help for granted since it's been a while. Thanks :) Will contact you soon.

As for the poll result, we can see the majority would like to race high-speed aircrafts. Personnaly I have a preferance for propeller aircrafts but that's ok, I like to race anything! So Jet Fighters, we will race! however, racetracks that do not require crazy skills at high-speed are lacking. Expect to see a short season composed mostly of YV Canyon and Ice Planet. I still wanna race proppelers at some point as well as star wars ships (yes again :) ), so it will probably be in bonus races. Not counting special events such as endurance races and maybe Red Bull?
Mobiyus wrote:Oh and also... Who would like to be a judge in a Red Bull Racing event? Who would like to co-host with me, so it can actually be entertaining? Who would like to race in this? Who would like to attend this?

No one? It was someone that asked me for this (can't recall who thought).
[VT-171]Mobiyus
YSRS YS Time Trial YSRSC
imgur YS Flight Album
Dorm room 2254
PSN