Thought of the day.

From the American Heritage Dictionary
mis·cel·la·ne·a - pl.n.: Miscellaneous items or written works collected together.
Deleted User 2433

Thought of the day.

Post by Deleted User 2433 »

ToTD, should i or should i not upgrade to Windows 10?
Stingx
Veteran
Veteran
Favorite Aircraft: ufo

Thought of the day.

Post by Stingx »

Why not? In a few years, that's not gonna be an option. Unless you're nathan lineback.
Deleted User 2433

Thought of the day.

oh and it's free to do so :D
Neocon
First Class Membership
First Class Membership
Favorite Aircraft: Baron 58

Thought of the day.

Post by Neocon »

I just saw a post on Facebook that said, "If you're going to be closed minded, would you mind being closed-mouthed as well?" The person who made the meme and the person who posted it apparently failed to see the irony of saying they don't want to hear the opinions of people they consider "closed minded".

Thought of the day: I may disagree with your opinion, but rather than tell you to shut up, I will support your right to say it.
m88youngling
Contributor
Contributor
Favorite Aircraft: R-9A Arrowhead - F-16C Rainbow Falcon

Thought of the day.

Post by m88youngling »

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it"
~Evelyn Beatrice Hall
SARF Executive Officer (2IC)
[email protected]
Neocon
First Class Membership
First Class Membership

Thought of the day.

Post by Neocon »

Interesting. I've never heard of her, but apparently she wrote a book about Voltaire, who himself usually gets credit for that quote.
Venom
Contributor
Contributor
Favorite Aircraft: F-15E Strike Eagle

Thought of the day.

Post by Venom »

"Happiness is the difference between expectation and reality." -Anonymous
Gunny
Business Class Membership
Business Class Membership
Favorite Aircraft: Any thing with a prop.

Thought of the day.

Post by Gunny »

Many people in America say it was a quote from Patrice Henry.But indeed it is a direct quote of Voltaire's writings.Borrowed many times in support of the freedom of speech in many country's.

TOTD
Everyone supports the freedom of speech and expression.As long as it only applys to them and those that agree with them ;)
Image[/align=centre]
Barr
Veteran
Veteran
Favorite Aircraft: The Boeing 757

Thought of the day.

Post by Barr »

Gunny wrote: Everyone supports the freedom of speech and expression.As long as it only applys to them and those that agree with them ;)
Agreed.

TOTD:
what's up with all these airlines signing these multibillion contracts with aircraft manufacturers.

WizzAir, a European airline, signed a deal for 100 A321-neos.

Wasn't there a record decline in traffic and ticket sales just a few months ago.
Beginner ATC for hire!
Current Projects:
-Pilatus PC12
-Mooney M20
-New England Scenery
Fine Print:
**Word of Caution**
My knowledge is limited. Anything I write in my posts may or may not be accurate. To be honest I think its all crap.
Deleted User 2433

Thought of the day.

TotD, why do we have to call it necro when we should just keep calling it bump? At least ppl know what bump means. Just me tho.
Bombcat
Staff
Staff
Favorite Aircraft: F-14D Tomcat

Thought of the day.

Post by Bombcat »

"Necro" and "Bump" imply two rather different things. If one brings a long dormant thread back to life for no clear reason, you are practicing necromancy, or perhaps necrophilia. If you find a dormant thread which may be relevant to present concerns, and revive it with a pertinent comment, it is then a "bump".
[CAG171]Bombcat, Commander, Air Wing 171
Team Awesome # 23
YSFHQ administrator.
Deleted User 2433

Thought of the day.

Bombcat wrote:"Necro" and "Bump" imply two rather different things. If one brings a long dormant thread back to life for no clear reason, you are practicing necromancy, or perhaps necrophilia. If you find a dormant thread which may be relevant to present concerns, and revive it with a pertinent comment, it is then a "bump".
thank you very much!

my TotD: why are opengl drivers so hard to find, i wanna fly the GL version so bad!
NightRaven
Senior Veteran
Senior Veteran
Favorite Aircraft: .

Thought of the day.

Post by NightRaven »

That happens when

1) You're not looking hard enough or in the wrong place, just Google "[insert computer name here] graphics drivers" or
2) They don't exist.
Neocon
First Class Membership
First Class Membership

Thought of the day.

Post by Neocon »

For years there has been a debate over the Confederate battle flag. In the eyes of yankees, it is little more than a symbol of hate by a bunch of sore losers. I think that should be cleared up. We, the people of the South, are allowing the yankees, the racists, and outsiders with no real understanding of the issues, define our symbol. None of those people can know what is in the hearts and minds of those of us who support keeping that flag in the air. I want to help explain it. You may have heard the phrase, "Heritage, not hate." That is true. It is a symbol of the region known as the South. Our ancestors went through an event that people from other regions didn't. Our ancestors, most of whom did not own a slave at any time in their life, watched their children, fathers, and brothers slaughtered on battlefields fighting, not for slavery, but to defend their homes and property from an invading force from the north in a war they didn't want. They watched their homes and property destroyed by those battles and in the name of "resupplying" the army. Then, when the war was over, wealthy capitalists moved to the South with their fancy carpet bags and paid low wages to Southerners who worked in their factories. Sharecropping and company stores created a de facto slavery of all poor people in the South. The result was the absolute destruction of the Southern economy to the point that the Great Depression of the 1930s had little or no negative impact on the people of the South: They were already at the bottom and couldn't fall any further. The flag became a symbol of unity for those who survived the war and their descendants as they struggled to rebuild their homes and their states.

Thought of the day: The Confederate flag should fly at every capitol, courthouse, city hall, school, and home, as a reminder of what happened when a bunch of politicians on both sides decided to have a power struggle over who was going to run the government and used the poor and middle-class Southerners to do their fighting.
Venom
Contributor
Contributor
Favorite Aircraft: F-15E Strike Eagle

Thought of the day.

Post by Venom »

"Desire without a sense of urgency loses value over time."

Do what you can in the time given to you fellas, we all die eventually.
Neocon
First Class Membership
First Class Membership

Thought of the day.

Post by Neocon »

I have a Masters Degree in history education. Throughout my college education I was taught that Nathan Bedford Forrest founded the KKK and worked to prevent blacks from voting. This week, the governor of Tennessee said he wants to remove a statue of Forrest from the state house, so I started looking back into Forrest's post-war activities. Failed railroad deals: check. Figurehead of the KKK until he ordered it to disband: check. Speech promoting racial harmony and encouraging black voters: Wait...what?! He gave this speech to a meeting of black Americans in Memphis, where he encouraged them to choose the candidate who best represented them when voting and said that they (all Americans) should all live as brothers. I can see why he would lie to Congress about his activities in the KKK (He denied his membership and claimed that he was used by them as a figurehead), but why would he go to a group of civil rights activists and encourage them to vote? It makes no sense to do that. At the very least, it makes me question everything historians usually say about NB Forrest.

Thought of the day: Tomorrow's history books will have a chapter about the year 2015 that is filled with nonsense.
Stingx
Veteran
Veteran
Favorite Aircraft: ufo

Thought of the day.

Post by Stingx »

totd: I'm loving this price.
Wild Dog @ (http://system76.com) wrote:Base Price $749.00
Wild Dog Black
Ubuntu 15.04 (64-bit)
3.2 GHz i5-4460 (6MB Cache – 4 Cores)
16 GB Dual Channel DDR3 at 1600 MHz (2× 8GB) $89.00
2 GB GTX 960 Superclocked with 1024 CUDA Cores $269.00
500 GB 3.5″ 7200 RPM Drive
No Additional Storage
No Additional Storage
WiFi up to 867 Mbps + Bluetooth $69.00
1× 23″ 1080p Matte IPS Display (1920×1080) $199.00
No Speakers
No Keyboard and Mouse
1 Year Limited Parts and Labor Warranty
Product total: $1,375.00
Neocon
First Class Membership
First Class Membership

Thought of the day.

Post by Neocon »

Is that a little high for a Linux computer? Not to mention that the GTX 960 can be had for about $200 on Amazon.

In a crossover post from "On Words and Flags", my thought of the day:
When it comes to politics, even the politicians don't know what they are talking about. How can we do any better? :lol:

NEW POST 4 July 2015:
Thought of the day: There is a reason the average lifespan in the developed world has doubled since the invention of electricity.

Public Service Announcement of the day: Cheap glow sticks give off a lot of light for several hours, and are great for temporary lighting when you experience a prolonged power outage.
Barr
Veteran
Veteran
Favorite Aircraft: The Boeing 757

Thought of the day.

Post by Barr »

Patrick31337 wrote:
In a crossover post from "On Words and Flags", my thought of the day:
When it comes to politics, even the politicians don't know what they are talking about. How can we do any better? :lol:
Implying politcians know anything.
Beginner ATC for hire!
Current Projects:
-Pilatus PC12
-Mooney M20
-New England Scenery
Fine Print:
**Word of Caution**
My knowledge is limited. Anything I write in my posts may or may not be accurate. To be honest I think its all crap.
Ace Lord
VFA-49
VFA-49
Favorite Aircraft: B-52H Stratofortress

Thought of the day.

Post by Ace Lord »

July 5: Never, ever put commercial-grade salutes inside a container or bury them in the ground...while shooting off my stash last night, some beer can fragments and small stones punched through the sheet metal portion of my blast pen before bouncing off or getting embedded in the plywood portion. Thank god for spaced armor.
< BoH