Thought of the day.

From the American Heritage Dictionary
mis·cel·la·ne·a - pl.n.: Miscellaneous items or written works collected together.
Hawkstar
Veteran
Veteran
Favorite Aircraft: F-18 Hornet

Thought of the day.

Post by Hawkstar »

Paralyzed Hawkstar's Log. July 5, 2015.

Everyday, I feel the wind and I see the wild blue yonder. I am frozen in awe of myself in comparison to the deep blue open skies. I may have lost my will to fight but the will to flight, no, never. One day, and whenever that shall be, I will grow my wings. I will flap, fall and get up again. When that day comes, I shall spread them open and get off the concrete in which I stand to feel the wind and soar through the wild blue yonder.

(I'm baaaaack)
iqmal_97
Senior Veteran
Senior Veteran
Favorite Aircraft: Sukhoi Su-30MKM

Thought of the day.

Post by iqmal_97 »

Eyy man. Welcome back!

TOTD: I find that the intense sweetness of dates to be incompatible with sweet, ice cold drinks. The sweet taste of the flesh doesn't want to mix at all with the beverage in your mouth. I mean, it's not "un-workable", but I find that it is much more enjoyable with a cup of hot tea. The sweetness from consuming both items seem to melt together into one good, intense, yet totally "agreeable" flavor.

Thought for my thought of the day: Being abstained from consuming any sort of food and drinks for the whole day during Ramadhan actually makes you more tempted to break your fast. Though we Muslims try to get our minds of it by occupying ourselves with other activities, it isn't helping that the TV and radio tend to spew out endless commercials regarding food themselves. Dear God, what were they thinking?!!

#theStruggleisReal
[N007HA]Nynaiqmal_97 <= My usual online callsign
Mein Imgur gallery. Feel free to use any of my screenshots (Crediting me is optional, but greatly appreciated)
Neocon
First Class Membership
First Class Membership
Favorite Aircraft: Baron 58

Thought of the day.

Post by Neocon »

Thought of the day:
If I was president, I would never order the flag to be lowered for an attack. Instead, I would order the flag pole be extended with a larger flag to symbolize that every attack makes the US stronger and we will never bow to our enemies.
Doggeh1
Contributor
Contributor
Favorite Aircraft: Harrier Jump Jet, Eurofighter Typhoon, Vulcan

Thought of the day.

Post by Doggeh1 »

Patrick31337 wrote:Thought of the day:
If I was president, I would never order the flag to be lowered for an attack. Instead, I would order the flag pole be extended with a larger flag to symbolize that every attack makes the US stronger and we will never bow to our enemies.
I think it's more of a sign of respect to the victims though. Maybe a larger flag next to it :P
Neocon
First Class Membership
First Class Membership

Thought of the day.

Post by Neocon »

After the GOP debate tonight, the focus group hated Trump. These are my thoughts about their response*:

Of course the people in the focus group hate Trump. The focus group always hates people who insult others and use "dirty" or "negative" campaigning. Focus groups are the reason most Americans don't vote. Most Americans want the exact opposite of the focus groups. The focus groups wants Doug Ross, but the average person wants Greg House. We end up with a couple of Clooney's so the House fans don't vote. And that is why Hugh Laurie sings the blues so well.

*Just a note, this is meant to be comedy.
Doggeh1 wrote:[post]88689[/post] I think it's more of a sign of respect to the victims though. Maybe a larger flag next to it
Absolutely. It would just be one flag that would keep getting taller and bigger with every attack until it would be tall enough and big enough to be seen from the other side of the world, well, it would be if the world was flat like it is in YSF.
Neocon
First Class Membership
First Class Membership

Thought of the day.

Post by Neocon »

Thought of the day for those who think coffee isn't coffee if it has milk and sugar: A cake doesn't stop being cake if you add strawberries and frosting.
Neocon
First Class Membership
First Class Membership

Re: Thought of the day.

Post by Neocon »

Despite what the Yankee carpetbaggers posing as Southerners might tell you, "y'all" is a plural word that is a contraction of "you all". "All y'all" means "all you all", and is used only to perpetuate the stereotype of the people of the rural South being too stupid to understand the American form of the English language.

Also, "ain't" is a word, is in the dictionary, and is centuries older than the grumpy old language teacher you had in elementary school who claimed otherwise.

Aks is a legitimate spelling and pronunciation of the word normally spelled "ask". Next time some urban female wants to aks you a question, don't think any less of her.

Thought of the day: Seriously, we need more people with thoughts of the day here.
Gunny
Business Class Membership
Favorite Aircraft: Any thing with a prop.

Post by Gunny »

Thought of the day= Liberal progressive is an oxymoron as are those who claim to be.
Image[/align=centre]
Ace Lord
VFA-49
VFA-49
Favorite Aircraft: B-52H Stratofortress

Post by Ace Lord »

TotD: In the American political system, the voters are the only ones who lose.
< BoH
Flake
VFA-49
VFA-49
Favorite Aircraft: Boeing F/A-18A

Post by Flake »

Gunny wrote:Thought of the day= Liberal progressive is an oxymoron as are those who claim to be.
This one I might ask some clarification on as the meaning is different here in Australia...

Liberal as in, hooray change? Doesn't that tie hand in hand with progressivism?
I am an accountant working full-time (and some). I'm not here as often as I would like to be. Send a message if you need me. There are a few people in the community who can get in contact with me urgently if you need - don't be afraid to ask. I just don't check here as frequently as I used to. Sorry!
Gunny
Favorite Aircraft: Any thing with a prop.

Post by Gunny »

Just a tad bit of differance nueance here in the States Flake.As in never having to earn a living again in your life because we the people will pay for your lazyness kind of liberal.Also in exchange we want your freedoms.And I find no real progress in that attitude my friend.
Image[/align=centre]
Flake
VFA-49
VFA-49

Post by Flake »

Haha I get that. Here in Australia we call them centrerlink bludgers.
I am an accountant working full-time (and some). I'm not here as often as I would like to be. Send a message if you need me. There are a few people in the community who can get in contact with me urgently if you need - don't be afraid to ask. I just don't check here as frequently as I used to. Sorry!
iqmal_97
Senior Veteran
Senior Veteran
Favorite Aircraft: Sukhoi Su-30MKM

Post by iqmal_97 »

It's been nearly 2 weeks since I've sent my dear lappy to the computer shop for a complete replacement of the motherboard. The poor old thing's fan wasn't running at all and the screen sometimes flicker annoyingly. The dealership gave me a rough estimate of about a week for them to order said motherboard and install it in. To put it politely, I haven't been pleased to discover that; while not unexpected; that it'll take them more than just 'a week' to finish the job.

Plus, I was and intend to continue a lil project of mine once I get my hands on it back. Won't outright say what it is exactly, but I can't wait to show it to you all. :D

Hint: it's about 2 minutes and a half long and is going to go up on a site with the word "tube" at the end.
[N007HA]Nynaiqmal_97 <= My usual online callsign
Mein Imgur gallery. Feel free to use any of my screenshots (Crediting me is optional, but greatly appreciated)
decaff_42
Staff
Staff
Favorite Aircraft: SR-71 Blackbird

Post by decaff_42 »

If you ever run into a class that seems pointless and the material seems like something you will never ever need. Save your notes. You never know how the future will play out and you may need to look back at them.

In my efforts to extract Angle of Attack and Angle of Side Slip data from a .yfs file, I need to do some vector coordinate system rotation which is a combination of linear algebra and trigonometry.
Check out my website YSDecaff for all my tutorials and addon releases.
Visit my GitHub page for Python codes: https://github.com/decaff42?tab=repositories

YSFlight Addon Database - Find links to nearly every addon made for YSFlight!
Submit Addon To Database
Neocon
First Class Membership
First Class Membership

Post by Neocon »

I learned the same thing when I decided to build a greenhouse. It was the first time I had used the "sin" button on my TI-82 in over 15 years!

Thought of the day for people in positions of authority: There is a difference between fear and respect. Both have their places and uses. Fear is when others are afraid to misbehave in your presence. Respect is when people want to behave well even when you're not around.
Flake
VFA-49
VFA-49

Post by Flake »

decaff_42 wrote:In my efforts to extract Angle of Attack and Angle of Side Slip data from a .yfs file, I need to do some vector coordinate system rotation which is a combination of linear algebra and trigonometry.
I can help a little with this if you need. It's something I needed to wrap my head around for OYS's racing compenent that you may see from the notes if you look back at that.
Neocon
First Class Membership
First Class Membership

Post by Neocon »

Thought of the day: I may not agree with what you say, but it offends me so I am going to make sure your life is ruined for saying it.

EDIT: Oh, wait. That's the thought of the day from college student activists. My thought of the day is that you are free to any rational opinion you want but I will not pretend your delusions are reality to make you feel good about yourself.

EDIT2: Judging a teacher's performance on their students' test scores is like judging an auto mechanic based on the reading abilities of his customers. You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it learn how to read at grade level when they came into the class five years behind.
Dan
Veteran
Veteran
Favorite Aircraft: Boeing 757-200

Post by Dan »

As you're reading this. The International Space station is up in space, hurtling along at 17,000 mph and 250 miles above you! :shock:
Former CEO of Fast Airways Virtual Airline 2011-2015
Former Group Captain/Training Officer 323rd Expeditionary Air Wing
Fast Airways screenshot library https://photos.app.goo.gl/NmboSFtxxqgnGFd79
YSFlight screenshot library https://photos.app.goo.gl/tE8mS2UWyKcBPqFCA
Neocon
First Class Membership
First Class Membership

Post by Neocon »

As we learned from The 100, they could always crash it into the ground and walk away unharmed.
u2fly
Senior Veteran
Senior Veteran
Favorite Aircraft: Antonov An-225 Mriya

Post by u2fly »

If you loose 3 big aircraft year ago, then wait and you will find 3 other in your airport tomorrow.

- Malaysia Airlines now

U.S. Senator John McCain wrote:“Spending #NewYearsEve w/ brave #Ukrainian Marines at a forward combat outpost
- we stand w/ them in their fight against #Putin's aggression”

pic.twitter.com/vkz0gdozVV [archived]
(31 DEC 2016)