Bandung scenery

Looking for a particular addon? Search first and ask second!
farrelldaffa
Rookie
Rookie
Favorite Aircraft: ADFX-01,SU-27

Bandung scenery

Post by farrelldaffa » Sun Aug 16, 2015 3:20 am

yeah is there anyone???
IMCRAZY!!!! :shock:

VNAF ONE
Senior Veteran
Senior Veteran
Favorite Aircraft: A-10C Thunderbolt II

Bandung scenery

Post by VNAF ONE » Sun Aug 16, 2015 7:26 am

Is this a request to make one?
VNAF Aerobatics Commanding Officer and Founder - - - YSAS Member - - - YS Aerobatic Pilot
YS ACC A-10 East Coast Demo Team pilot - - - B-1B Razor Demo Team pilot
VFA-49 GhostHawks Commanding Officer

NightRaven
Staff
Staff
Favorite Aircraft: soviet and (nazi) german aircraft

Bandung scenery

Post by NightRaven » Sun Aug 16, 2015 7:48 am

farrelldaffa wrote:yeah is there anyone???
No.

I'm assuming you're requesting for a map of Bandung on the Indonesian island of Java for the airshow you're hosting next month. Let me tell you why this will not work.

Making maps is a time-consuming activity. You've effectively requested an entire urban area to be mapped, which would be extremely difficult to map out in its entirety. This is because lots of hours have to be put into positioning the ground objects and elevation grids to emulate an urban area. By this fact alone it won't be ready in less than a month. Furthermore, this is not an existing map, so making one from scratch would further delay your airshow. You have only a few options: using a hastily made map that doesn't look too spectacular/isn't complete, switching to another map, pushing back your airshow or cancelling it altogether.

Others have attempted this requesting-of-maps-one-month-before-airshow thing as well (remember MegaKoce?) and they have not succeeded. As with everything, you have to set realistic targets that are achievable within your means. The reason why airshows work is because the hosts have prepared well with what is at hand: if the map exists (for example), they use it; otherwise they make it themselves (and don't use it until they are satisfied with it). Making an entirely new map in 1 month is unrealistic, unless the modder really has no real life commitments (of which I doubt one exists in the community at time of posting). Furthermore, the fact that a deadline exists can put stress on the modder, and this may be reflected in the map-making process.
a short rantShow
One-liner requests also tick me off. It's like you expect a modder to be at your beck and call, making mods as if it were their only way of survival.

At least include some data of what you want to be made and be polite. Simply asking "Is there anyone????" isn't polite.
Yeah. I tend to be a bit sharp-tongued about badly formulated requests, so don't be completely unnerved by what I have said. But to be honest, I think it is best that you think over your request and your airshow; it clearly isn't going to work out very well.

Dan
Modding Team
Modding Team
Favorite Aircraft: Boeing 757-200

Bandung scenery

Post by Dan » Sun Aug 16, 2015 9:26 am

In short - modders have lives too!

To be honest it may look like there isn't much modders in the community, though I can tell you this isn't the case. We are away from ysfhq modding, and thats the reason why you don't see us :)

Kujo
Veteran
Veteran
Favorite Aircraft: Lockheed Martin F-16 Fighting Falcon

Bandung scenery

Post by Kujo » Sun Aug 16, 2015 9:37 am

Dan wrote:In short - modders have lives too!

Not to be or sound like a d!ck but Farell, I know you don't have any airshow experience what so ever, but if you really want this show to happen you might have to learn to make the map yourself, which isn't hard. Knowing most of us modders at the HQ, a user would post a request and there's only a 20% chance of it being made. Like Raven said, you might have to delay even further or cancel.

I'm sorry, but in my opinion cancelling is the best option. by the way it looks already, you can completely mess up this "event" if you:

- Don't have the map
- Don't have PROPER organization or Airshow/Virtual Airshow experience
- Keep acting like a douchebag over TS/YS

I wish you a lot of luck to try and fix the holes as much as possible. And this is next month, which means for you, you really don't have much time if you think about it. This of course depends if you have another filled schedule with work/school related things.

Flake
Staff
Staff
Favorite Aircraft: Honda CBR600RR. Shit I mean Boeing F/A-18A.

Bandung scenery

Post by Flake » Sun Aug 16, 2015 10:19 am

Ah. You guys are so polite.

SpoilerShow
Ahem.

This is the most stupid request I have ever seen. At no point between now and the future will you ever be ready to host your own show, let alone manage it successfully. I award you no points, and may god have mercy on your soul.

A short sentance "demand" for a map to be made? Do you have any manners at all? Are you kidding me right now? HAVE YOU LOST YOUR DAMNED MIND!?

(At this stage, I get more enjoyment coding for this game then playing it. Weird right?)

Lor599
Modding Team
Modding Team
Favorite Aircraft: Boeing 787

Bandung scenery

Post by Lor599 » Sun Aug 16, 2015 1:39 pm

Ok, for your assistance, and to help terminate this abysmal topic, I decided to compile a help package.
This package includes:
The newest version of Scenery Editor - Soji
3 reference images (Preflipped) (The new Scenery Editor flips reference images around) with measurement key - Me
A color palette with 6 colors - Me
Elevation Grid Generator (Excel) - decaff_42
Scenery Editor tutorial in PDF form - decaff_42
Click the link below to download your help package
DOWNLOAD HERE

VNAF ONE
Senior Veteran
Senior Veteran
Favorite Aircraft: A-10C Thunderbolt II

Bandung scenery

Post by VNAF ONE » Sun Aug 16, 2015 5:27 pm

You should really consider fixing your original post with some images of the area and more specific information about what you want POLITELY!!! I mean, if I were not busy, I'd consider doing it just because I don't want to be the only one doing air shows anyway. Even if I were to do it though, I don't even know what this place is, so now I have to find it. Then I have to guess where in this place you want the air show (over water if there is any, at the airport?). Then I have to spend days and weeks making it and oh ya, I only have like 2 weeks because your show is in less than a month.

I don't recommend postponing your show, I'm saying you NEED to. You don't have a choice, otherwise you WILL be very disappointed.
VNAF Aerobatics Commanding Officer and Founder - - - YSAS Member - - - YS Aerobatic Pilot
YS ACC A-10 East Coast Demo Team pilot - - - B-1B Razor Demo Team pilot
VFA-49 GhostHawks Commanding Officer

farrelldaffa
Rookie
Rookie

Bandung scenery

Post by farrelldaffa » Mon Aug 17, 2015 5:28 am

Ok ok that you not want make the map so maybe i can cancel the airshow

Kujo
Veteran
Veteran
Favorite Aircraft: Lockheed Martin F-16 Fighting Falcon

Bandung scenery

Post by Kujo » Mon Aug 17, 2015 8:19 am

farrelldaffa wrote:i can cancel the airshow

Just a heads up, you yourself could have learned or at least TRIED to make the map before you expected us to make one for you. Lor was even nice enough to give you the files you needed. Flash forward through all of the time you could have done this and you decide to cancel anyway.

Again, learn to be organized, patient and less rude to others. All of this gone from someone won't get them anywhere. Next time you plan a show be sure to CONFIRM that everything is working out fine in real life, everything is good to go and the show date is at least two months away. I say this to you because I have heard stories of YS Airshows that were complete bullsh!t in both what the event was like and what actually happened/failed. We do not want to see another ruined show. (All information is for your health so that you can succeed next time with planning an event)

Flake
Staff
Staff
Favorite Aircraft: Honda CBR600RR. Shit I mean Boeing F/A-18A.

Bandung scenery

Post by Flake » Mon Aug 17, 2015 10:34 am

farrelldaffa wrote:Ok ok that you not want make the map so maybe i can cancel the airshow
Haha or ignore everything VNAF said and hinted at.

Oh well, I do completely agree with the second part of your sentence though.

Lie low for a bit. We'll move you in with witness protection services soon. After 6 months, it'll probably be okay to raise your head.
(At this stage, I get more enjoyment coding for this game then playing it. Weird right?)

farrelldaffa
Rookie
Rookie

Bandung scenery

Post by farrelldaffa » Tue Aug 18, 2015 11:09 am

uhh no problem i just postponded into 22 December

farrelldaffa
Rookie
Rookie

Bandung scenery

Post by farrelldaffa » Tue Aug 18, 2015 1:23 pm

and i make the map too!

Neocon
First Class Membership
First Class Membership
Favorite Aircraft: Baron 58

Bandung scenery

Post by Neocon » Tue Aug 18, 2015 3:09 pm

That is a smart thing to do. Postpone, don't cancel. It will give you time to get to know the community better, for the community to get to know you better, and for you to prepare for the event.

Dragon_Mech
Veteran
Veteran
Favorite Aircraft: F-14, F-15D&E, SR-71, King Air 200, B737

Bandung scenery

Post by Dragon_Mech » Tue Aug 18, 2015 3:14 pm

Kujo wrote:
oh man, NBC is gonna set the dogs on you :lol:
Owner, Dragonic Machine Industries