Addon request: New HUD

Looking for a particular addon? Search first and ask second!
Gryphus 1
Favorite Aircraft: XFA-27A_Crane

Post by Gryphus 1 »

Hi ! This is the first topic that I started, and i have a request for who know the system and programmation of Ys Flight. I have seen many type of addons: planes, fictional aircraft, ground vehicles, mod for change sound, weapons, maps, and some other. I've noticed that YS Flight still have only 2 types of HUD. Unfortunately, I'm not able to create addons, and so, I don't know how is difficult to set up a new HUD... or if is possible. For now, I'd like to know if someone is willing to work on it.
I created a draft for you to see how it would look targets depending on their IFF.

As for the HUD itself, so far among all games, the Ace Combat I thought it was the best looking one. Simple, intuitive, and does not take seriously the screen. Given the presence of fuel, I would say that to Ace Combat 2 HUD should be perfect for YS Flight, obviously without having to move the location of the radar. I will set an example below.

No need that this new HUD replace one of the default ones, would be nice if we could choose as an alternative.

Hope to have respected all the aspect of addons request, and that my request will be accepted by someone.

These are the view of targets.

IFF 2 - Enemy Example.

The style of HUD of Ace Combat. I like it, and it looks like one of those default
Last edited by Gryphus 1 on Mon Mar 07, 2016 1:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Vic Viper
Staff
Staff
Favorite Aircraft: de Havilland Mosquito

Post by Vic Viper »

Unfortunately no, the HUD is hard coded into the game and no one can change it. That being said, this looks really really awesome and you did put a fair amount of effort researching this (awesome charts btw). Maybe try emailing Soji this? Or adding this the the YSFlight wishlist thread which I believe is sent to Soji as well. Best of luck!
VFA-49 FORUM

"Why are we still here? Just to suffer? Every night, I can feel my leg...and my arm...even my fingers. The body I've lost...the comrades I've lost...won't stop hurting. It's like they're all still there. You feel it too, don't you? I'm going to make them give back our past"
Deleted User 1872

Post by Deleted User 1872 »

I wouldve been fine with a real life F-15/F-16 basic Head Up Display but I have no problem with this. But yeah, sounds like something in the exe. :?
Gryphus 1

Post by Gryphus 1 »

Vic Viper wrote:Unfortunately no, the HUD is hard coded into the game and no one can change it. That being said, this looks really really awesome and you did put a fair amount of effort researching this (awesome charts btw). Maybe try emailing Soji this? Or adding this the the YSFlight wishlist thread which I believe is sent to Soji as well. Best of luck!

Umh, I see. Maybe I am a little ashamed, but I wanna try. Could you tell me what is his email? I will send him a message with the attachments and images.
decaff_42
Staff
Staff
Favorite Aircraft: SR-71 Blackbird

Post by decaff_42 »

You can find his email on ysflight.com down on the bottom, I think. I don't know it off the top of my head and it is generally good practice to not put email addresses into posts.

A HUD upgrade like this would definitely be something I could get behind. It would add a nice fresh look to YSFlight.
Check out my website YSDecaff for all my tutorials and addon releases.
Visit my GitHub page for Python codes: https://github.com/decaff42?tab=repositories

YSFlight Addon Database - Find links to nearly every addon made for YSFlight!
Submit Addon To Database
Gryphus 1

Post by Gryphus 1 »

Ok, I just sent him an email.
SharpShooterSquadron
Favorite Aircraft: SU-47 Berkut and F-14D w/Razgriz skin

Post by SharpShooterSquadron »

That looks pretty good, I think we should go with the hud underneath AC2.
Gryphus 1

Post by Gryphus 1 »

SharpShooterSquadron wrote:That looks pretty good, I think we should go with the hud underneath AC2.
I initially worked on other types of HUD. I did not like, so I tried to search among existing games. Those of Ace Combat I found them perfect, in particular those of 3 and 2. However, the 'HUD ace combat 3 is too futuristic, would be inappropriate. So, I chose to Ace Combat 2
SharpShooterSquadron
Favorite Aircraft: SU-47 Berkut and F-14D w/Razgriz skin

Post by SharpShooterSquadron »

[/quote]
Gryphus 1 wrote:
SharpShooterSquadron wrote:That looks pretty good, I think we should go with the hud underneath AC2.
I initially worked on other types of HUD. I did not like, so I tried to search among existing games. Those of Ace Combat I found them perfect, in particular those of 3 and 2. However, the 'HUD ace combat 3 is too futuristic, would be inappropriate. So, I chose to Ace Combat 2
If it were up to me I personally would go with the AC5 hud it looks good, but AC2 no problem hopefully someone will work on it
Nodoka Hanamura
Veteran
Veteran
Favorite Aircraft: Su-24, Mig-29, Su-27, F-18, F-15, ADF-01, Icon A5

Post by Nodoka Hanamura »

I love the effort you put into this, and would really love to hear back from Mr.Yamakawa.
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
Member of YSCE Development Committee - I don't code, I compile.
Barr
Veteran
Veteran
Favorite Aircraft: The Boeing 757

Post by Barr »

This should have been forwarded by Flake or Barren since they have a clear open line of communication with Soji.
Beginner ATC for hire!
Current Projects:
-Pilatus PC12
-Mooney M20
-New England Scenery
Fine Print:
**Word of Caution**
My knowledge is limited. Anything I write in my posts may or may not be accurate. To be honest I think its all crap.
Flake
VFA-49
VFA-49
Favorite Aircraft: Boeing F/A-18A

Post by Flake »

I generally refuse to forward something to his regular email. It's a privilage that must be earned in my opinion tbh. It's a great request but it's not overly needed.
I am an accountant working full-time (and some). I'm not here as often as I would like to be. Send a message if you need me. There are a few people in the community who can get in contact with me urgently if you need - don't be afraid to ask. I just don't check here as frequently as I used to. Sorry!
Gryphus 1

Post by Gryphus 1 »

OfficerFlake wrote:I generally refuse to forward something to his regular email. It's a privilage that must be earned in my opinion tbh. It's a great request but it's not overly needed.

If I were a developer of video games, to tell the truth I would appreciate direct contact with fans, without them having to deserve it. If anyone have an idea, a proposal to improve some aspects of the game, should talk and collaborate with developers. In this way the games improve satisfying the majority of fans. Of course, one should not abuse a thing of this kind, however, given the high moddability of YS, it should not cost anything to collaborate with modders.

Anyway no, it is not necessary to change the HUD.
NeurAxaL
Contributor
Contributor
Favorite Aircraft: Avro Vulcan B.Mk.2

Post by NeurAxaL »

As much as this isn't really desporateley needed, you have still put time and effort into this, unlike many, but as I said, the basic one is good enough for now.
Dragon_Mech
Veteran
Veteran
Favorite Aircraft: F-14, F-15D&E, SR-71, King Air 200, B737

Post by Dragon_Mech »

Soji would also have to enhance the current friend/foe feature to distinguish between friendly player/cpu air/ground units and enemy units. right now it's just too basic and only really works with non-player aircraft and ground units.
Owner, Dragonic Machine Industries
Flake
VFA-49
VFA-49
Favorite Aircraft: Boeing F/A-18A

Post by Flake »

Gryphus 1 wrote:If I were a developer of video games, to tell the truth I would appreciate direct contact with fans, without them having to deserve it.
But where do you draw the line? You can always email him on his PEB0 email address as per the YSFlight Website.

I have the privilege of being able to contact him on his work email address and I try not to abuse that privilege - Generally only if I am desperate for some help.
I am an accountant working full-time (and some). I'm not here as often as I would like to be. Send a message if you need me. There are a few people in the community who can get in contact with me urgently if you need - don't be afraid to ask. I just don't check here as frequently as I used to. Sorry!
Gryphus 1

Post by Gryphus 1 »

NeurAxaL wrote:As much as this isn't really desporateley needed, you have still put time and effort into this, unlike many, but as I said, the basic one is good enough for now.

In fact, this is only an esthetic change. The only tactical advantage is the colour that distinguish the IFF

Gryphus 1

Post by Gryphus 1 »

OfficerFlake wrote:
Gryphus 1 wrote:If I were a developer of video games, to tell the truth I would appreciate direct contact with fans, without them having to deserve it.
But where do you draw the line? You can always email him on his PEB0 email address as per the YSFlight Website.

I have the privilege of being able to contact him on his work email address and I try not to abuse that privilege - Generally only if I am desperate for some help.

I utilized the PEB0 email address found in the YSFlight Website.
I would not dare to use a personal email.