YSFHQ Staff Elections Aug'15 - Aerobatics

Which two staff members should be elected?

Poll ended at Tue Aug 25, 2015 8:01 pm

Varren
33%
Ace Lord
25%
MD5Ray01
12%
Kujo
30%

Total votes: 67

Varren
Banned
Banned
Favorite Aircraft: Anything with wings.

Post by Varren »

You can vote for 2 people in this topic, although if you want to just vote for 1, that's fine too. Candidate sign ups will be open for 48 hours, and then the poll will open for 24 hours. The two candidates with the most votes at the end of the poll will be selected. In the event of a tie the poll will be extended by an hour until there are 2 winners, if 1 passes and the 2nd ties, the 1st will be removed from the poll and the rest will stay.

Here is the form to sign up as a candidate - anyone can sign up!

Below are statements from each of the candidates on why you should vote for them.
Varren wrote:I have been a Staff Member now for over 2 years, during which I have been regarded as one of the most active and committed members of the staff team - holding two roles, one as a mechanic and another as a forum administrator. I work tirelessly behind the scenes to improve YSFHQ, with sadly very little coming to the public's eye. I am often the first to respond to and inform the rest of the staff team on any situation developing and often have a solution before others are aware of the situation. My commitment also to reforming HQ recently is just a small example of my work, thinking of and carrying out the reforms almost entirely by myself while accepting criticism from the team along the way to make a better end product. Vote for me and I will be able to oversee the plans that I put into action and make sure you have the YSFHQ that you want and deserve.
Ace Lord wrote:Brutal honesty has been a personal policy of mine for many years and is something I maintain that everyone needs a dose of, regardless of their status. Also, the truth never really sets you free...Honesty always has a cost to those who choose to adopt it, but with me on the staff at least you will get a good discount.
MD5Ray01 wrote:I'm a level-headed person, and have some experience with forum administration. I've been fairly active in flying for the Aerobatics community (having done so for most of my time here on HQ). I have a mind for analyzing, but can act swiftly and decisively if need be. In addition, I also served as one of the admins for Midnight Rambler's 42South server.
Kujo wrote:Being a YS Aerobatic member myself, I have experienced and been around many admins' actions and I've been wondering how I can help the HQ. I will at least try to benefit the HQ and it's members in anyway possible no matter what situation it or they are in. I'm set up to be a helpful person for anyone and I've been with the HQ since the beginning of 2013. I also have a decently long experience with participating at YS Airshows.
Varren
Banned
Banned

Post by Varren »

POLLING IS NOW OPEN!
Ace Lord
VFA-49
VFA-49
Favorite Aircraft: B-52H Stratofortress

Post by Ace Lord »

I find it strange that Varren has been consistently tied with Kujo since I first saw the poll. Something just doesn't feel right here, can't quite put my finger on what it could be, but something just doesn't feel right.

EDIT: Why would someone normally associated with PAVA want to run as an Aerobatics-focused admin?
< BoH
MD5Ray01
Veteran
Veteran
Favorite Aircraft: A-10A Thunderbolt 2

Post by MD5Ray01 »

Ace Lord wrote:I find it strange that Varren has been consistently tied with Kujo since I first saw the poll. Something just doesn't feel right here, can't quite put my finger on what it could be, but something just doesn't feel right.

EDIT: Why would someone normally associated with PAVA want to run as an Aerobatics-focused admin?
I find that strange as well, Ace.
ImageImage
"Everything's better when inverted" - me, 2015
wingzfan99
Core Staff
Core Staff
Favorite Aircraft: Boeing 757-200

Post by wingzfan99 »

Ace Lord wrote:I find it strange that Varren has been consistently tied with Kujo since I first saw the poll. Something just doesn't feel right here, can't quite put my finger on what it could be, but something just doesn't feel right.

Hey Ace,

First off, Varren ran as Aero because he is involved in it, just not at a leadership level, and he wanted to make sure this election went through. You'll notice that VNAF ONE ran in the combat section, even though aerobatics is kind of what people think of as his thing. No big deal, everyone is going to be helping out with each other's areas regardless.

Second, I'd highly recommend that you use caution when vaguely implying impropriety in the election, given that we're using phpBB's built-in voting system which is difficult to game without creating fake accounts or something like that, and that it's not just Varren involved in setting this up and making it happen.
Wingzfan "The Budgetman" 99
Treasurer, YSFHQ

Founder and Admin of the site once known as YSUpload
Ace Lord
VFA-49
VFA-49
Favorite Aircraft: B-52H Stratofortress

Post by Ace Lord »

I don't imply cheating of any kind, I openly accuse said candidate or keep my mouth shut. All I'm saying is that a one-point difference consistently closed back up to a tie within two minutes is unusual.
< BoH
wingzfan99
Core Staff
Core Staff
Favorite Aircraft: Boeing 757-200

Post by wingzfan99 »

Ace Lord wrote:I don't imply cheating of any kind, I openly accuse said candidate or keep my mouth shut. All I'm saying is that a one-point difference consistently closed back up to a tie within two minutes is unusual.
I would agree with you if you could only vote for one person, but you can vote for two. All this means is that people are voting for the two of them with their two votes, so the gap never widens.

Edit: Apologies for being quick with the trigger, by the way, but we know people are going to have that kind of attitude given how things have been the last couple of weeks and unfortunately we have to defend ourselves against it.
Wingzfan "The Budgetman" 99
Treasurer, YSFHQ

Founder and Admin of the site once known as YSUpload
Varren
Banned
Banned

Post by Varren »

POLL CLOSED AS TIME EXPIRES.

OFFICIAL RESULTS:
VARREN - 22