YSFlight Wishlist

YSFlight general discussion & everything in between
waspe414
Staff
Staff
Favorite Aircraft: CH-136 Kiowa, Yak-130 Mitten

YSFlight Wishlist

Post by waspe414 » Mon Jun 29, 2015 11:38 pm

NightRaven wrote:Does it? I find it works alright. It's just the logic that is difficult to wrap your head around, but it is correct. If you rudder upside down to the right, you are actually turning to the left, hence the heading decreases in value. It works fine in YS - I just tested.
Turning the rudder left puts the nose left, and diverges from the velocity vector the same amount whether right side up or inverted. The issue with inversion is you drift in the opposite direction, despite the heading and velocity vector saying otherwise. It's a very slight and difficult to notice issue (and frankly doesn't really affect all that much), but it does exist.

You can test it by inverting straight and level, noting your heading, kicking the rudder one direction, and watch your heading return to its original value, despite the rudder being hard over in the other direction.
Actual UltraViolet
Image Image
I stole your turnip. Now you must come and defend your honour. ~ Hank Green

Neocon
First Class Membership
First Class Membership
Favorite Aircraft: Baron 58

YSFlight Wishlist

Post by Neocon » Tue Jun 30, 2015 12:24 am

Isn't that because of the auto rudder?

waspe414
Staff
Staff
Favorite Aircraft: CH-136 Kiowa, Yak-130 Mitten

YSFlight Wishlist

Post by waspe414 » Tue Jun 30, 2015 3:59 am

I don't have autorudder turned on, and even with it on the total deflection is still in the direction you're pushing (albeit less than maximum).
Actual UltraViolet
Image Image
I stole your turnip. Now you must come and defend your honour. ~ Hank Green

Flake
Core Staff
Core Staff
Favorite Aircraft: Boeing F/A-18A

YSFlight Wishlist

Post by Flake » Tue Jun 30, 2015 4:46 am

Fly down the left "lane" of the runway inverted and rudder left, you'll end up in the right lane by some wizardry
I am an accountant working full-time (and some). I'm not here as often as I would like to be. Send a message if you need me. There are a few people in the community who can get in contact with me urgently if you need - don't be afraid to ask. I just don't check here as frequently as I used to. Sorry!

Neocon
First Class Membership
First Class Membership
Favorite Aircraft: Baron 58

YSFlight Wishlist

Post by Neocon » Tue Jun 30, 2015 6:49 am

I'm still confused. If you are up-side-down and turn left from your perspective, an observer on the ground should see you turn right. The plane physically turns as it should, and would in the real world. The problem is that the compass does not invert with the plane, so if you are headed north while inverted, west is on the right but will still show as east. I believe this would also happen in the real world unless the electronic compass was made to compensate for being read inverted.

Flake
Core Staff
Core Staff

YSFlight Wishlist

Post by Flake » Tue Jun 30, 2015 10:34 am

The problem is that the heading does change ( the nose would direct into the far left of the runway, however the aircraft drifts to the right. I'll make a video when I can
I am an accountant working full-time (and some). I'm not here as often as I would like to be. Send a message if you need me. There are a few people in the community who can get in contact with me urgently if you need - don't be afraid to ask. I just don't check here as frequently as I used to. Sorry!

ksh
Veteran
Veteran
Favorite Aircraft: Concorde; F-15; Embraer 190; F-35

YSFlight Wishlist

Post by ksh » Tue Jun 30, 2015 10:37 am

they should add onto ysflight some rain!

Flake
Core Staff
Core Staff

YSFlight Wishlist

Post by Flake » Tue Jun 30, 2015 12:34 pm

NightRaven
Senior Veteran
Senior Veteran
Favorite Aircraft: .

YSFlight Wishlist

Post by NightRaven » Tue Jun 30, 2015 1:51 pm

Ah I see now.
FIXITFIXITFIXITFIXITFIXITFIXITFIXITFIXITFIXITFIXITFIXITFIXITFIXITFIXITFIXITFIXITFIXITFIXITFIXITFIXITFIXITFIXITFIXITFIXITFIXITFIXITFIXITFIXITFIXITFIXITFIXITFIXITFIXITFIXITFIXITFIXITFIXITFIXITFIXITFIXITFIXITFIXITFIXITFIXITFIXITFIXITFIXITFIXITFIXITFIXITFIXITFIXITFIXITFIXITFIXITFIXITFIXITFIXITFIXITFIXITFIXITFIXITFIXITFIXITFIXITFIXITFIXITFIXITFIXITFIXITFIXITFIXITFIXITFIXITFIXITFIXITFIXITFIXITFIXITFIXITFIXITFIXITFIXITFIXITFIXITFIXITFIXITFIXITFIXITFIXIT