Last flight of Avro Vulcan XH558

Aviation news and discussion for anything aviation related.
Nath
Penguin Airways VA
Penguin Airways VA
Favorite Aircraft: Panavia Tornado GR4

Last flight of Avro Vulcan XH558

Post by Nath » Sun Oct 11, 2015 1:35 pm

Most people haven't seen the Vulcan in real life, but those who live in the north of the UK or near places like Duxford/Dunsfold/Farnborough or have had the privilege of seeing it at an airshow will know how majestic and powerful the aircraft is.

However, the last flight of the last airworthy Vulcan, XH558 is making it's last flight around the UK today. I personally have seen it about 20-30 times, which was great since I was born long after the Vulcans went out of service. I was incredibly lucky to live in close proximity to an Airshow, and many of the Vulcan's former bases including XH558's resting place Robin Hood Airport. A personal highlight of mine was seeing the Vulcan fly with 2 Lancasters (PA474 and C-GVRA) over my home town.

Nevertheless, I'd like to pay tribute to one of the most majestic and brilliant bombers in the RAF's history.

Doggeh1
Contributor
Contributor
Favorite Aircraft: Harrier Jump Jet, Eurofighter Typhoon, Vulcan

Re: Last flight of Avro Vulcan XH558

Post by Doggeh1 » Sun Oct 11, 2015 7:47 pm

I also saw it today @ Cardiff. Also they've confirmed a few more displays at the end of October being run by VTTS and not at an airshow but still, sad to say goodbye!