ATC Quick Reference Guide

David
Modding Team
Modding Team
Favorite Aircraft: Grob G109B Vigilant

ATC Quick Reference Guide

Post by David »

After the "What does the civilian section want" Topic by Dan, I've been inspired to make ATC on YSFLIGHT a lot more easier for both pilots (especially new pilots) and controllers to understand.

I have removed the unnecessary things such as the clearance delivery, weather information and en-route control. This is not meant to be a comprehensive ATC manual.

What do you all think? Feedback is welcome!
Last edited by David on Tue Nov 24, 2015 9:20 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Neocon
First Class Membership
First Class Membership
Favorite Aircraft: Baron 58

Re: [Idea] ATC Quick Reference Guide

Post by Neocon »

The only thing I would add is the pilot reporting a missed approach on final. I say that only because I miss the first approach way too often. :oops:

Other than that, this is a great resource that will at least get everyone familiar with the basics of how to fly with ATC. I would think it would be basic enough not to frighten people away and as they get used to these procedures they can graduate to the more comprehensive manuals.
David
Modding Team
Modding Team
Favorite Aircraft: Grob G109B Vigilant

Re: [IDEA] ATC Quick Reference Guide

Post by David »

Patrick31337 wrote:The only thing I would add is the pilot reporting a missed approach on final. I say that only because I miss the first approach way too often. :oops:

Yes Patrick, of course! Now added a Missed Approach section and changed the layout. Thanks for the suggestion Patrick!

I have also been changed the layout. It is based on the layout of aircraft checklists making it a lot easier to read.

Edit - Added new Phonetic Alphabet section.