[PROGRAM] OpenYS - Open Source YSFlight Server!

Note that alterations to the YSFlight .EXE is forbidden
Flake
Core Staff
Core Staff
Favorite Aircraft: Boeing F/A-18A

Re: [PROGRAM] OpenYS - Open Source YSFlight Server!

Post by Flake » Mon Nov 30, 2015 5:21 am

Now Updated to Version 20151130(1614)

Changes:
+Support for IRC Server Linking.
+Extra fields in settings now being used - Owner Name, Owner Email, Server Name.
-Removed Nukes

Notes:
IRC Disabled by default - to enable, first setup a username with NickServ and choose your server, then edit settings to suit your needs.

Download: https://www.mediafire.com/?9a440gjyflbvjy8

I am an accountant working full-time (and some). I'm not here as often as I would like to be. Send a message if you need me. There are a few people in the community who can get in contact with me urgently if you need - don't be afraid to ask. I just don't check here as frequently as I used to. Sorry!

Dragon_Mech
Veteran
Veteran
Favorite Aircraft: F-14, F-15D&E, SR-71, King Air 200, B737

Post by Dragon_Mech » Mon Nov 30, 2015 6:45 am

are you saying that i could chat with someone who is flying in an OYS server with an IRC client?
Owner, Dragonic Machine Industries

Neocon
First Class Membership
First Class Membership
Favorite Aircraft: Baron 58

Post by Neocon » Mon Nov 30, 2015 6:48 am

Can the IRC be enabled and disabled through the console, or does it require changing it in the settings?

Flake
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Flake » Mon Nov 30, 2015 6:52 am

Manually in the settings.
Dragon_Mech wrote:are you saying that i could chat with someone who is flying in an OYS server with an IRC client?
Yes, as long as the OYS server is linked to an IRC Server.
I am an accountant working full-time (and some). I'm not here as often as I would like to be. Send a message if you need me. There are a few people in the community who can get in contact with me urgently if you need - don't be afraid to ask. I just don't check here as frequently as I used to. Sorry!

Neocon
First Class Membership
First Class Membership

Post by Neocon » Mon Nov 30, 2015 7:10 am

Do I need to sign up for that service or is it free? I tested it and it seems to work pretty well. Do you suggest leaving it connected all the time?

I think I resolved the first question by looking at their web page.

Dragon_Mech
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Dragon_Mech » Mon Nov 30, 2015 7:20 am

OfficerFlake wrote:Yes, as long as the OYS server is linked to an IRC Server.
SWEET! :D

Flake
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Flake » Mon Nov 30, 2015 8:00 am

Another thing I'm working on today:

Found a nice lightweight library for reading and writing to xlsx files, so now the settings files can be tabulated and made presentable, and it will be a lot less error prone.

I plan on using the same method for the UserDB when I implement that. Text files are a pain but this just makes it so easy!

---

Aaand done. The first library I used was ExcelPackage and it sucked (Read fine, corrupted saves...) So I moved to EPPlus and it was easy as!

Now I could of used Microsofts own library but that requires you to have Microsoft office installed. Ew. I prefer to give you the freedom of using free software.

NightRaven
Senior Veteran
Senior Veteran
Favorite Aircraft: .

Post by NightRaven » Sat Dec 05, 2015 7:32 am

Was a good time putting OYS through its paces today. Lots of flying by lots of people (~7 people at max) just doing rounds and crap on the server, so much so that I had to use wired Internet when the server couldn't handle the limited bandwidth of WiFi.
Either way, there were a lot of logs generated, so I hope these will be of some use to you.
20151205.zip
(264.18 KiB) Downloaded 48 times
This is with the 20151127(2213) build.

Flake
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Flake » Sat Dec 05, 2015 8:08 am

These are very useful logs!

From what I can see the packets are no longer corrupted - but of course the program has a few general bugs to iron out.

You've given me a lot of useful data to work with!

I'll try and stop all the console spam with leave servers / join requests / leave airplanes etc soon.

Did anyone happen to get booted from the server? From what I can see all disconnects were failures to get data from the socket (0 bytes returned) which means a dropped connection.

u2fly
Senior Veteran
Senior Veteran
Favorite Aircraft: Antonov An-225 Mriya

Post by u2fly » Sat Dec 05, 2015 8:53 am

OfficerFlake wrote:Found a nice lightweight library for reading and writing to xlsx files, so now the settings files can be tabulated and made presentable, and it will be a lot less error prone.

I plan on using the same method for the UserDB when I implement that. Text files are a pain but this just makes it so easy!

---

Aaand done. The first library I used was ExcelPackage and it sucked (Read fine, corrupted saves...) So I moved to EPPlus and it was easy as!

Now I could of used Microsofts own library but that requires you to have Microsoft office installed. Ew. I prefer to give you the freedom of using free software.
Why XLSX? Use LibreOffice/OpenOffice/Gnumeric, PLEASE!
(they all are FREE, CrossPlatform and OpenSource)
Its have *.ODS spreadsheets, that already have many implementations, that can be downloaded on github, sf.net and etc.
/!\ READ YSFLIGHT HANDBOOK (online + PDF) | updated 2019/04/25

U.S. Senator John McCain wrote:
“Spending #NewYearsEve w/ brave #Ukrainian Marines at a forward combat outpost - we stand w/ them in their fight against #Putin's aggression”
http://pic.twitter.com/vkz0gdozVV
(31 DEC 2016)

Flake
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Flake » Sat Dec 05, 2015 8:59 am

Open office allows save and load of xlsx as far as I am aware.

u2fly
Senior Veteran
Senior Veteran

Post by u2fly » Sat Dec 05, 2015 9:13 am

OfficerFlake wrote:Open office allows save and load of xlsx as far as I am aware.
Partly, not fully support. (I have many tests for it and I know)
Thats why I reccomend You use LibreOffice, or maybe it will be better to use Gnumeric, that is small sized and have very cool future as simple adding non-standart functions + it have many advanced diagram settings.
Paper airplane analyze: http://danaleeling.blogspot.com/2014/03 ... lanes.html

Computing a NACA 4-digit profile using a Gnumeric spreadsheet - http://gdmcbain.freeshell.org/AerodynamicsI/

Some aircraft analyze for JBSim:
1)https://github.com/PX4/HIL/tree/master/ ... ystar/Data
2) http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.games.f ... tmodel/182

“Spending #NewYearsEve w/ brave #Ukrainian Marines at a forward combat outpost - we stand w/ them in their fight against #Putin's aggression”
(31 DEC 2016)

Flake
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Flake » Mon Dec 07, 2015 2:54 am

So a few notes about the event last night:

The only visible errors logged were socket disconnect errors.
The only real warnings were DC's by failure to send join packets/leave packets and the like.
Lots of "dupe disconnects" so will need to investigate that.

---

The current way OYS sends join instructions is sequentially, one by one through the player list... The problem of course is that the server can lock up waiting for one client to respond and all the other clients are affected.

I will try and re-write the way two-way packet transmissions are done so that it's the responsibility of the receiving clients thread to handle that - this way no bod is slowed down by laggy clients.

Think of it this way - we have 20 users all with pings of 200ms. 20 * 200 = 4000 milliseconds just to get one packet out. in the mean time, more packets are coming in and the system bottlenecks from there - compound repeatedly and it's understandable why some users were seeing data that is 5 minutes old.

Neocon
First Class Membership
First Class Membership

Post by Neocon » Mon Dec 07, 2015 3:11 am

I think I understand what you're saying. One or more clients with high pings will cause everyone to have lag, and it builds over time. I'm guessing that even after those clients disconnect the packets are still be distributed until they all go through, which is why the lag slowly went away but "left the server" messages continued for several more minutes until everything started moving at a better rate?

Dragon_Mech
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Dragon_Mech » Mon Dec 07, 2015 6:45 am

i noticed while i was monitoring the shakedown through my IRC client, that there were alot of things i was missing in the game server that i was seeing in the IRC chat. i also noticed that players were being listed as being disconnected repeatedly.
IRC_LOGS.zip
(2.55 KiB) Downloaded 45 times
here are the logs from my IRC clients while i was connected the the IRC channal. but please remember that i have dial-up internet. so my logs may not accurately depict what was happening in the server

NightRaven
Senior Veteran
Senior Veteran
Favorite Aircraft: .

Post by NightRaven » Mon Dec 07, 2015 7:31 am

OfficerFlake wrote:Did anyone happen to get booted from the server? From what I can see all disconnects were failures to get data from the socket (0 bytes returned) which means a dropped connection.
On that day I don't quite recall whether people were booted, except for LethalDose. There were lots of people, and the only name I recall popping out quite often was his :/
Also, once the console has been running for very long without a reset, it becomes less responsive to join requests ie it takes longer to spawn after a join request has been sent; sometimes spawning becomes impossible. Once the console is reset this problem goes away however.
Player controlled carrier clean up also needs to be more effective. Once the player leaves the carrier, the aircraft data as per normal is removed, but the deck remains. This happens only for the client that spawned in that carrier, so he might crash into an invisible deck that was part of his previous incarnations while others don't. Player controlled carriers are also incapable of flying upside down fully, but I suppose that's YS ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Flake
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Flake » Mon Dec 07, 2015 10:42 am

Now Updated to Version 20151207(2126)

Changes:
+BIG CHANGE to how data is sent between different clients - ALL Packets input and output are now slaved to the thread of the client responsible for the connection. This should start to solve the problems with bottlenecked packets (I hope!). There are other fixes I can add (such as cleaning out bottle necked packets), but I'll run with this idea first.
+A few locks added to non time critical methods - Connection and Disconnections are now locked and only one client should be able to call at a time for example. This will stop the "Left the server" spam we saw in the fly in.
+Changed the "left the airplane" message to only occur when the vehicle is left, rather than repeatedly.
+Cleaned up a lot of the unused code from Client class, should be easier to follow now.
+Added a "/Test" command to Dev builds only - volatile command, always changing - just to test new code I'm adding in and out of OYS in a more controlled environment.
+DUMP logs are now in xlsx format. much more intense in dumping process, but some elements in the dump removed - will be constantly adding to this over time.
+SETTINGS are now in xlsx format, and settings template is restored if the file is ever deleted. I hope you will find it a little easier to use!
-Removed Nukes

Notes:
Tested briefly on my own PC by myself - can't really do a heavy load test by myself!
I have used more of ReadWriteLockSlim class and I possible may have made a mistake - a simple fix but would crash the program for sure. Let me know if it goes wrong!

As I understand the issue on the weekend was that all clients depended on each other still. This should help solve that issue!

Download: https://www.mediafire.com/?w00hvw5hv7rywki

u2fly
Senior Veteran
Senior Veteran

Post by u2fly » Mon Dec 07, 2015 5:36 pm

COOL!
PLEASE, make binary for Linux!

(31 DEC 2016)

iqmal_97
Senior Veteran
Senior Veteran
Favorite Aircraft: Sukhoi Su-30MKM

Post by iqmal_97 » Mon Dec 07, 2015 6:04 pm

OfficerFlake wrote:-Removed Nukes
While I do find your persistence in trying to curb the nuke problem commendable. But let me tell you, we users will ALWAYS find ways to bring it back so that we could abuse it again. It has been done in the past, it will continue to happen in the future. :twisted:
[N007HA]Nynaiqmal_97 <= My usual online callsign
Mein Imgur gallery. Feel free to use any of my screenshots (Crediting me is optional, but greatly appreciated)

Neocon
First Class Membership
First Class Membership

Post by Neocon » Mon Dec 07, 2015 6:22 pm

u2fly wrote:COOL!
PLEASE, make binary for Linux!
How about a version I can run from my Android phone. Haha. Sorry.
I'll download and install the update when I get home.