[PROGRAM] OpenYS - Open Source YSFlight Server!

Note that alterations to the YSFlight .EXE is forbidden
Neocon
First Class Membership
First Class Membership
Favorite Aircraft: Baron 58

Re: [PROGRAM] OpenYS - Open Source YSFlight Server!

Post by Neocon » Sat Jan 02, 2016 4:38 pm

OfficerFlake wrote:At this stage I wish to point out anyone wanting to port the project to another language is free to download the source code and give it a try themselves,
I've been waiting for someone with pure wizard blood a high midichlorians count to try it.

Flake
Core Staff
Core Staff
Favorite Aircraft: Boeing F/A-18A

Post by Flake » Sun Jan 03, 2016 2:30 am

@u2 I've covered this, Because I. DON'T. WANT. TO.

I've used GitHub etc. in the past and I just don't like the system. The idea is that a novice can pick up my code in VS2010, VS2012 etc. and be good to go straight away, no commit, no BS.

Everything I do, I do for a reason. ;)
I am an accountant working full-time (and some). I'm not here as often as I would like to be. Send a message if you need me. There are a few people in the community who can get in contact with me urgently if you need - don't be afraid to ask. I just don't check here as frequently as I used to. Sorry!

u2fly
Senior Veteran
Senior Veteran
Favorite Aircraft: Antonov An-225 Mriya

Post by u2fly » Sun Jan 03, 2016 2:58 am

OfficerFlake wrote: I've used GitHub etc. in the past and I just don't like the system. The idea is that a novice can pick up my code in VS2010, VS2012 etc. and be good to go straight away, no commit, no BS.
Have you any alternative link in situation if mediafire will go "down"? There no backup for project.
Anyway try upload source in place, where other user can ease fork it using git or svn.
/!\ READ YSFLIGHT HANDBOOK (online + PDF) | updated 2019/04/25

U.S. Senator John McCain wrote:
“Spending #NewYearsEve w/ brave #Ukrainian Marines at a forward combat outpost - we stand w/ them in their fight against #Putin's aggression”
http://pic.twitter.com/vkz0gdozVV
(31 DEC 2016)

Flake
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Flake » Sun Jan 03, 2016 3:21 am

*Sighs heavily.*
I am an accountant working full-time (and some). I'm not here as often as I would like to be. Send a message if you need me. There are a few people in the community who can get in contact with me urgently if you need - don't be afraid to ask. I just don't check here as frequently as I used to. Sorry!

Neocon
First Class Membership
First Class Membership

Post by Neocon » Sun Jan 03, 2016 3:53 am

OfficerFlake wrote:I. DON'T. WANT. TO.
So you're saying you'll have it done by tonight, then? Right? :lol:

Doomsday
Staff
Staff
Favorite Aircraft: PEW PEW PEW PEW

Post by Doomsday » Sun Jan 03, 2016 4:11 am

u2fly wrote:Have you any alternative link in situation if mediafire will go "down"? There no backup for project.
Anyway try upload source in place, where other user can ease fork it using git or svn.
Knowing Flake, I'm sure he has several files of OpenYS saved on his computer incase of such incident occur.......SO CHILL BRAH, FLAKE GOT THIS SHIT UNDER CONTROL.
PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW

Team Awesome# 131

Flake
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Flake » Sun Jan 03, 2016 10:11 am

If Mediafire crashes for any reason, I've still got all the data on my PC, and if that crashes, I've got it all on dropbox. If that crashes, well perhaps I just wasn't meant to program. :lol:

NightRaven
Senior Veteran
Senior Veteran
Favorite Aircraft: .

Post by NightRaven » Sun Jan 03, 2016 11:02 am

@u2 I understand you have great interest in trying to improve our YS experience by means of suggesting other 3rd party programs or their ideas to be implemented for use, like SolveSpace or SAM Simulator. However, the thing is, not everyone has to use them, and you sound too desperate for people to conform to your ideas. So my suggestion is to go ahead and suggest ideas that could prove useful, but everyone has different tastes and preferences; don't press too hard for people to accept your ideas like you did above (shifting to Git, online collaboration etc).

Neocon
First Class Membership
First Class Membership

Post by Neocon » Mon Jan 04, 2016 7:33 am

In all the excitement over racing, I have completely overlooked the connection stability of the current version of OYS. :)

Dragon_Mech
Veteran
Veteran
Favorite Aircraft: F-14, F-15D&E, SR-71, King Air 200, B737

Post by Dragon_Mech » Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:20 am

i noticed some lag on my end (a laggy moment made me crash on the runway at the start of the second air race). but i have dial-up so don't pay too much mind to my comments.
Owner, Dragonic Machine Industries

Nodoka Hanamura
Veteran
Veteran
Favorite Aircraft: Su-24, Mig-29, Su-27, F-18, F-15, ADF-01, Icon A5

Post by Nodoka Hanamura » Tue Jan 05, 2016 12:12 pm

NightRaven wrote:@u2 I understand you have great interest in trying to improve our YS experience by means of suggesting other 3rd party programs or their ideas to be implemented for use, like SolveSpace or SAM Simulator. However, the thing is, not everyone has to use them, and you sound too desperate for people to conform to your ideas. So my suggestion is to go ahead and suggest ideas that could prove useful, but everyone has different tastes and preferences; don't press too hard for people to accept your ideas like you did above (shifting to Git, online collaboration etc).
I have to side with NR on this one. I do agree a SVN/Git (Preferably on GitGud) System would be nice. But if Flake says he doesn't w ant to do it, then it's his choice, and such choice is final.
Also - Flake, I'd like to report that OYS doesn't start (and even causes the launching applications (Explorer, Taskmgr) to freeze on the latest test version (and on stable. It seems to start in Avast Sandbox (but doesn't run due to being in a sandbox)). I'd give you a log, but it doesn't even seem to reach the Log Initialization stage before it all goes to hell.
Last edited by Nodoka Hanamura on Tue Jan 05, 2016 1:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

Flake
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Flake » Wed Jan 06, 2016 1:44 am

Disable avast entirely and try again. To crash explorer/task manager is something beyond what my program is capable of. This is an issue with something else in your system.

Neocon
First Class Membership
First Class Membership

Post by Neocon » Wed Jan 06, 2016 1:52 am

Oh, yeah. You have to make an exclusion for OYS. Open up Avast, go to the Settings and scroll down to Exclusions. I suggest you use the file path for the entire YS folder for your exclusion.

EDITTOADD: This is the problem I was having for a while that I was undoing with system restore. I think there was an update in Avast that would install whenever I restarted my computer, so I would have to do a restore to a point before that update was installed. The bottom line is, once I made an exclusion, the problems ended.

Barr
Veteran
Veteran
Favorite Aircraft: The Boeing 757

Post by Barr » Sat Jan 09, 2016 10:51 pm

so a small problem

Beginner ATC for hire!
Current Projects:
-Pilatus PC12
-Mooney M20
-New England Scenery
Fine Print:
**Word of Caution**
My knowledge is limited. Anything I write in my posts may or may not be accurate. To be honest I think its all crap.

Nodoka Hanamura
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Nodoka Hanamura » Sat Jan 09, 2016 10:56 pm

Okay. I'll go ahead and do that.
As for freezing, I think it's due to some kind of proverbial trainwreck in the waitchain for OpenYS.
Edit: That did the trick. I disabled avast's shields for 10 mins to test, gonna go ahead and set an exception.

Flake
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Flake » Sun Jan 10, 2016 5:41 am

Barracuz try this version: viewtopic.php?t=7589&start=700#p93748

If it says anything about "sandboxing" you will need to right click and unblock all .DLL's.

Hopefully though it doesn't - please don't unblock the DLL's first, try it without unblocking and let me know - I coded a new way to load the DLL libraries and you shouldn't need to unblock the DLL's first. But if you do need to, then do it. Please let me know either way though. This is something I cannot test myself.

Flake
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Flake » Sun Jan 10, 2016 5:45 am

Some food for thought for the Avast enthusiasts though... I've used avast once. Doesn't it frequently block you from doing the things you like to do? And spam you with "update now" popups? Sounds like something a virus would do to me... ;)

https://www.malwarebytes.org/

A good antivirus is not a substitute for poor digital security practices.

Nodoka Hanamura
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Nodoka Hanamura » Sun Jan 10, 2016 9:01 am

Me not so much. It rarely if ever interferes with my activities.

As for MBAM, I do respect it quite a bit, but consider it for only Virus removal in the event the Anti-Malware on the computer is compromised by a Rogue AV, since MBAM is quite resillient, but I haven't seen the webpage for it in a while. Once my Avast license ends here in September, I'll probably consider going to MBAM.

Dragon_Mech
Veteran
Veteran
Favorite Aircraft: F-14, F-15D&E, SR-71, King Air 200, B737

Post by Dragon_Mech » Wed Jan 13, 2016 8:12 am

hi Flake.
a few days ago, i released an updated .dat file for the F-15E Hylian Defence Force. among the few changes i made was the lowering of the amount of maximum flares from 100 to 80. but the flares still disappear from the weapons list just milliseconds after the aircraft is spawned in an OYS server. me and C P experienced this about a half-hour ago in his server. but when he switched to the 2013 stock server program, the flares worked perfectly. and my plane isn't only one with this problem. i've flown other aircraft with this issue. i'll PM you a list soon.
Owner, Dragonic Machine Industries

Flake
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Flake » Wed Jan 13, 2016 11:44 am

Okay, I am sure this is actually my fault in enforcing max weapon loads == MAXNUMFLR. And as per our pm i discusses that MANMFLR wasn't always read correctly. I will investigate further. :D