[EXTERNAL APPLICATION SUGGESTIONS] - YSATC and YSPlayer

YSFlight general discussion & everything in between
Deleted User 2722

[EXTERNAL APPLICATION SUGGESTIONS] - YSATC and YSPlayer

Post by Deleted User 2722 »

Something hit me today while on a the Civilian Aviation server. "Why not have a program in the place of an ATC manual but more functional?" OYS seems incredibly capable as a feature extension platform (IRC anyone?) There was one thing missing while I did ATC in Hawaii, a map and a radar overlay on said map in a separate window. Controlling from the ground can be tricky for anyone who does not know the airspace or positions of the planes around them (reminds me of TCAS, lol.) If there is a way to produce or port a program that is similar to the FS9 (FS2004) community (or VATSIM if you are into that) in regards to ATC, that would be cool and useful to delegate airspace and planes alike.

Some possible suggestions for implementation:
  • - A "callsign" command addition to allow a pilot/user to set his "callsign." This would register with the "External ATC Program" (yet uses YSFlight as a bridge as OYS appears to do) and give the "controller" a position in accordance to the map.

- A "dedicated port" solely for ATC communications with the "program" to YSFlight via OYS or via an alternative method.

- Localizers and VOR's will be preset into the "program" via a database.

- Implement the "weather" command from OYS into the "program" to receive current server weather from OYS. This could be done by intercepting the command from a user to the server. The server would then send that through the "dedicated port" to the "program."

- Also looking to have an external YFS player. This does exist but seems to be closed-off from YS yet available in "screen-saver" form. Seeing that ported to an external program appears to be minimal.
Hope someone with programming skills takes this challenge on! Hawaii is the main map in servers it seems so that could possibly work well for the future. Thanks!
Varren
Banned
Banned
Favorite Aircraft: Anything with wings.

Re: [EXTERNAL APPLICATION SUGGESTIONS] - YSATC and YSPlayer

Post by Varren »

Deleted User 2722

Alright, Varren. Prepare your eyes:

That protocol is at least four years old. OYS is recent and more comparable with YSFlight than anything I have seen. You could also make the "program" play with those old protocols as well as following whatever OYS uses. It would also be more workable using C++ or .NET... not python. Eases the new users experiences. I did not rule out use usage of such a program but you could update that so it could be easier to use. The download link (according to Kujo) is broken... try it before you knock it. The idea is cool but needs work. Also if anyone has any suggestions for external programs, post here!
Flake
VFA-49
VFA-49
Favorite Aircraft: Boeing F/A-18A

Post by Flake »

TBH Netcode hasn't changed that much - just need to change the version number in the code and update a few more things.

A working clientside radar/atc system is on my "in the future" list. One day...
I am an accountant working full-time (and some). I'm not here as often as I would like to be. Send a message if you need me. There are a few people in the community who can get in contact with me urgently if you need - don't be afraid to ask. I just don't check here as frequently as I used to. Sorry!
u2fly
Senior Veteran
Senior Veteran
Favorite Aircraft: Antonov An-225 Mriya

Post by u2fly »

YS & VATSIM
viewtopic.php?t=8250
--
YS & IRC
viewtopic.php?f=217&t=8290#p94124
--
YS & multisound engine
viewtopic.php?t=8266

U.S. Senator John McCain wrote:“Spending #NewYearsEve w/ brave #Ukrainian Marines at a forward combat outpost
- we stand w/ them in their fight against #Putin's aggression”

pic.twitter.com/vkz0gdozVV [archived]
(31 DEC 2016)
Deleted User 2722

Alright. One program is left untapped: the external YSF viewer to view YFS replays outside of YS. A better editor would be better than an external player but you would have to be able to see what you are editing. Also, a port of FS Navigator would be cool to see on YS. That is basically an interactive map. Not needed however. I do appreciate that your links are relevant and most importantly, they work! Appreciate the feedback as well.
Barr
Veteran
Veteran
Favorite Aircraft: The Boeing 757

Post by Barr »

There is the navigation planner.
Beginner ATC for hire!
Current Projects:
-Pilatus PC12
-Mooney M20
-New England Scenery
Fine Print:
**Word of Caution**
My knowledge is limited. Anything I write in my posts may or may not be accurate. To be honest I think its all crap.
Deleted User 2722

BARRACUZ wrote:There is the navigation planner.
Link?
Barr
Veteran
Veteran
Favorite Aircraft: The Boeing 757

Post by Barr »

Strats wrote:
BARRACUZ wrote:There is the navigation planner.
Link?
Find it yourself bud...

And here it is
viewtopic.php?t=7115

Download the attached zip.
Beginner ATC for hire!
Current Projects:
-Pilatus PC12
-Mooney M20
-New England Scenery
Fine Print:
**Word of Caution**
My knowledge is limited. Anything I write in my posts may or may not be accurate. To be honest I think its all crap.
u2fly
Senior Veteran
Senior Veteran
Favorite Aircraft: Antonov An-225 Mriya

Post by u2fly »

Prototype GUI for YSRADAR
Topic - viewtopic.php?f=236&t=8321
Lets code this.

U.S. Senator John McCain wrote:“Spending #NewYearsEve w/ brave #Ukrainian Marines at a forward combat outpost
- we stand w/ them in their fight against #Putin's aggression”

pic.twitter.com/vkz0gdozVV [archived]
(31 DEC 2016)