we need change

Hyperactive_sloth
Rookie
Rookie
Favorite Aircraft: F-22 Raptor

we need change

Post by Hyperactive_sloth » Sat Aug 16, 2014 7:37 am

I feel like this community is falling apart. I miss the time we had pre-announced ATC sessions and a load of very active va's.
We should get this back off the ground because right now, joining servers, and flying around alone or doing a bit of dogfighting with a random person is starting to get boring. we should get together more and get this community back to it'sformer glory.
I'm writing this because in the past week, Nath, DT, Jetskit and many more have decided to quit YSFHQ, and they were the people i first spoke to on ysfhq TS and who introduced me to ys.
I just dont want the community to die.

Copperhead
Veteran
Veteran
Favorite Aircraft: YF-23A Black Widow II

Re: we need change

Post by Copperhead » Sat Aug 16, 2014 7:54 am

We had a revolution of change like what you'er saying a few months back, and I didn't see that much change on servers... I kinda gave up on that.

^The Murican^

"Well boys, I reckon this is it...nuclear combat toe to toe with the Ruskies." - Major Kong

Hyperactive_sloth
Rookie
Rookie
Favorite Aircraft: F-22 Raptor

Post by Hyperactive_sloth » Sat Aug 16, 2014 8:01 am

it's sad but i just cant give up on this community myself. I've made friends, and i got a lot better flying. I want to be able to finally join my first airshow but if this entire community falls apart all will have been for nothing. Idk.

VNAF ONE
Senior Veteran
Senior Veteran
Favorite Aircraft: A-10C Thunderbolt II

Post by VNAF ONE » Sat Aug 16, 2014 8:24 am

I'll tell you one thing that has always managed to stay strong, the aerobatics community. So in that regard, you have little to worry about.
VNAF Aerobatics Commanding Officer and Founder - - - YSAS Member - - - YS Aerobatic Pilot
YS ACC A-10 East Coast Demo Team pilot - - - B-1B Razor Demo Team pilot
VFA-49 GhostHawks Commanding Officer

Gunny
Business Class Membership
Favorite Aircraft: Any thing with a prop.

Post by Gunny » Sat Aug 16, 2014 8:41 am

As to the server community,We have no control or influence in that regard.we can set guide lines but we have no authority over the enforcement of those guide lines.Each server is the sole property of the administrator of each server.And they are autonomous from YSFHQ.
Image[/align=centre]

Midnight Rambler
Staff
Staff
Favorite Aircraft: F-16

Post by Midnight Rambler » Sat Aug 16, 2014 12:11 pm

When people say they leave, they often don't go away. Nightraven still hangs around even though he pretends he doesn't. The forum active membership isn't an accurate measurement of people playing YS. I doubt half the people who visit here a each week will get online/use YS in said week.

As for servers; we were averaging 600 flight hours two months ago. Last month was 195hr, this month 62hr (CP has 40hr). YS pilot numbers always fluctuate, but this lack of enthusiasm in anything (Civ/military/aerobatics/online) is a touch boring. If people are bored, they don't fly online. People not online = others won't get online.

Therefore there is a general haze of boredom that spreads like an infectious bacteria. This accounts for inactivity or spontaneous "I'm leaving LOL J/K" topics sprouting up.

Mobiyus
Contributor
Contributor
Favorite Aircraft: F-18 Hornet

Post by Mobiyus » Sat Aug 16, 2014 3:18 pm

Although it's true the community is quite small, it is not dead yet, and no one is doing things for nothing. From what I've seen the core member base does mobilize for most major events, which is quite nice.

As for solutions: NOOB RETENTION. that's the key. There's a constant flow of noobs coming to ys but rare are those who stick around. We should pet our server noobs like there's no tomorrow.

''Studies found that competition with others, the challenge to succeed, the diversion from day-to-day stress, pure fantasy, social interaction, and positive emotions induced by games are motivations for play.''
''large-scale battles are needed to create a sense of us-vs-them or good-vs-evil''
''The social experience of a game can also be increased when developers focus on the player avatars, social cooperation, and personal communication.''
''There are a number of ways to make a game addictive, but if players feel nothing playing the game, they won’t be coming back.''
source:themittani.com
[VT-171]Mobiyus
YSRS YS Time Trial YSRSC
imgur YS Flight Album
Dorm room 2254
PSN

flyingfisch
Contributor
Contributor
Favorite Aircraft: Saab Gripen

Post by flyingfisch » Sat Aug 16, 2014 8:17 pm

I would join servers if YS didn't crash randomly for me... only happens on servers. (I posted about it months ago, kinda just given up on it.)

Neocon
First Class Membership
First Class Membership
Favorite Aircraft: Baron 58

Post by Neocon » Sat Aug 16, 2014 9:03 pm

When you don't have an addon installed that someone on a server is using, it creates errors in YSF. It says something is wrong with a .dat file, but it usually isn't the .dat file but the program itself having the error. Usually if you click "OK" fast enough it goes away, but sometimes it crashes the whole game.

Copperhead
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Copperhead » Sat Aug 16, 2014 9:09 pm

Funny how I've never had an error crash my YS on a server, just my aircraft. I wonder if my using of the 2011 version has anything to do with it?

^The Murican^

"Well boys, I reckon this is it...nuclear combat toe to toe with the Ruskies." - Major Kong

Neocon
First Class Membership
First Class Membership
Favorite Aircraft: Baron 58

Post by Neocon » Sat Aug 16, 2014 9:16 pm

It could. I think the problem started with the 2013 version, so I've been hoping for a new release with the problem fixed. I didn't realize you could use the older version on a new server.

Barr
Veteran
Veteran
Favorite Aircraft: The Boeing 757

Post by Barr » Sat Aug 16, 2014 9:53 pm

All server use the 2011 version. Also like I said in a recent post we need a dedicated wiki regarding installation of the program, the add-ons, and general trouble shooting like fixing the initial .dat loading error that pops up when an add-on isn't installed properly.

And maybe have a combat Friday, atc saturday, and air race Sunday. Or maybe have a dedicated Saturday where we all join just one server. Sometimes there might be 7 diffremt people online but on diffrent servers. One or two people on a server isn't as fun as 7 or 10 flying around and creating traffic.
Beginner ATC for hire!
Current Projects:
-Pilatus PC12
-Mooney M20
-New England Scenery
Fine Print:
**Word of Caution**
My knowledge is limited. Anything I write in my posts may or may not be accurate. To be honest I think its all crap.

Gunny
Favorite Aircraft: Any thing with a prop.

Post by Gunny » Sat Aug 16, 2014 10:44 pm

We have to stop dwelling and bitching on the aspects of things we can not control.We have no control over Soji's updates we have no control over servers or how they are run or add on's they have.So its time to take stock of what YSFHQ dos have the ability to control.At this point it is precious little in my opinion.So put on your thinking caps and find a way we can update things here.One idea I have is to not chop up YSFHQ into individual kingdoms and consolidate as one site.Let the servers dictate how many military,Civilian or aerobatics are active.Just a suggestion that can be discussed at the meeting Sunday.We all need to concentrate on the site and not just our own parts of it if we are to continue.
Image[/align=centre]

Strats
Rookie
Rookie
Favorite Aircraft: B757 and CF-18

Post by Strats » Wed Jan 06, 2016 5:13 am

Patrick31337 wrote:When you don't have an addon installed that someone on a server is using, it creates errors in YSF. It says something is wrong with a .dat file, but it usually isn't the .dat file but the program itself having the error. Usually if you click "OK" fast enough it goes away, but sometimes it crashes the whole game.
I have the exact same issue.
Copperhead wrote:Funny how I've never had an error crash my YS on a server, just my aircraft. I wonder if my using of the 2011 version has anything to do with it?
2015 has the same issue as well.
NatComAir Statistics
Completed NCA Flights: 3
Failed NCA Flights: 1
Total NCA Flights: 4

Copperhead
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Copperhead » Wed Jan 06, 2016 5:19 am

I use 2015 now, because ya know, reasons... and now I have the error crashing problem. I miss 2011...

^The Murican^