[PROGRAM] OpenYS - Open Source YSFlight Server!

Note that alterations to the YSFlight .EXE is forbidden
Barr
Veteran
Veteran
Favorite Aircraft: The Boeing 757

Re: [PROGRAM] OpenYS - Open Source YSFlight Server!

Post by Barr »

Dragon_Mech wrote:hi Flake.
a few days ago, i released an updated .dat file for the F-15E Hylian Defence Force. among the few changes i made was the lowering of the amount of maximum flares from 100 to 80. but the flares still disappear from the weapons list just milliseconds after the aircraft is spawned in an OYS server. me and C P experienced this about a half-hour ago in his server. but when he switched to the 2013 stock server program, the flares worked perfectly. and my plane isn't only one with this problem. i've flown other aircraft with this issue. i'll PM you a list soon.

I've noticed that a few time on oys on the civie server as well.
Beginner ATC for hire!
Current Projects:
-Pilatus PC12
-Mooney M20
-New England Scenery
Fine Print:
**Word of Caution**
My knowledge is limited. Anything I write in my posts may or may not be accurate. To be honest I think its all crap.
NightRaven
Senior Veteran
Senior Veteran
Favorite Aircraft: .

Post by NightRaven »

Yeah for example the HQPGAC Su-27S.
Aircraft that do spawn with flares have 60 flares, regardless of the presence of MAXNMFLR.
C P
Contributor
Contributor
Favorite Aircraft: F-18E SuperHornet

Post by C P »

NightRaven wrote:Aircraft that do spawn with flares have 60 flares, regardless of the presence of MAXNMFLR.
Well here's the latest... Dragon_Mech: found a semicolon after 80 in your MAXNMFLR line and removed it.
Flares work on OYS now (actually on right now) as does MAXNMFLR :
Flares 80 MAXNMFLR 80 = 80 useable flares
Flares 80 MAXNMFLR 60 = 60 useable flares (this is where I left it OK?)
Also, there is a command that allows number of weapons to exceed number of hardpoints.
Maybe you could have 100 flares? Will experiment.
Dragon_Mech
Veteran
Veteran
Favorite Aircraft: F-14, F-15D&E, SR-71, King Air 200, B737

Post by Dragon_Mech »

C P wrote:Well here's the latest... Dragon_Mech: found a semicolon after 80 in your MAXNMFLR line and removed it.
Flares work on OYS now (actually on right now) as does MAXNMFLR :
Flares 80 MAXNMFLR 80 = 80 useable flares
Flares 80 MAXNMFLR 60 = 60 useable flares (this is where I left it OK?)
Also, there is a command that allows number of weapons to exceed number of hardpoints.
Maybe you could have 100 flares? Will experiment.
that's not quite accurate C P.
i started testing aircraft that i had installed that were listed after the stock YSF aircraft. that just happend to be the HQPGAC aircraft.
i tested the first 18 aircraft and decided i had a good baseline to look at. i found that 8 out of the 18 aircraft that i tested had the same flare issue in OYS that my F-15E Hylian Defence Force had. so i compared the flare settings (MAXNMFLR, LOADWEPN FLR etc) in the .dat files of my F-15 and the affected HQPGAC aircraft against the flare settings in 10 unaffected HQPGAC aircraft.
i noticed that the only difference between the affected aircraft and the unaffected aircraft was the the affected aircraft had the semicolon at the end of the MAXNFLR line.

Note:
testing consisted of me logging in to the YSCAS server and trying different aircraft one after another and recording the names of the aircraft that lost flares as soon as the aircraft was spawned.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EDIT:
just relized the context of your response C P (silliy me)
but i had found out about semicolon issue after i had done everything that i did in the above post. Flake is trying to figure out how to fix the issue in the server.
Owner, Dragonic Machine Industries
C P
Contributor
Contributor

Post by C P »

Dragon_Mech wrote:that's not quite accurate C P.
@DM and NR: Sorry guys. Didn't do any testing with HQPGAC on YSCAS.
All I can say with certainty is that your plane will have no flares on my server if you put a semicolon after the MAXNRFLR digit parameter in the .dat file.

LMTBYHDP experiment: FALSE and 100 flares shows 100 on headsup, 100 flare noises, inconsistent visual flare droppings (IVFD). These IVFD are dependant on weapons loading...i.e. more = worse.

We may have crossed posts ...lol... good luck!
Flake
VFA-49
VFA-49
Favorite Aircraft: Boeing F/A-18A

Post by Flake »

Been a while.

I just fixed the .DAT issue regarding semi colons... More work to come.

---

Okay time to beef up the link between HQ and OYS.

Eric and I have been working on an authentication system for YSFHQ. Eric did the YSFHQ serverside of things, and I did the C# application side of things. OpenYS now has a dedicated API Key for use with linking with the YSFHQ service! This API Key will be embedded in the binaries (compiled, unreadable, would take quite the hacker to uncover it!) and will NOT be included in the source code releases! If you would like to extend OpenYS and use your own YSFHQ Auth Service, please speak with the developers here at HQ. Now, in the tragic even that my API Key is stolen, only the local database on your PC could be compromised with this information. In the past, I'd just store the password plain text but now this is no longer necessary - but even if my encryption is broken, no real damage is done as the only password stored on your pc is your own.

My idea is to create a new YSF Launcher that runs in the system tray. The program will launch your chosen YSF install, plus prop itself up as a proxy server on 127.0.0.1:7915. YSF will be launched to auto-join the proxy server object, and from there, it will prompt you which server you wish to join from the list of frequent servers (taken DIRECT from your YSF settings!). Just like the ysflight console server, you just type in the number of which server you wish to join (or the name of the server) and voila, the tray application will connect you.

But wait, there's more!

Using the extended protocal, I'll be implementing a handshake system where clients connecting with the tray application will connect to OpenYS Servers via UDP (stock YSF Server will maintain TCP). So the lag should increase a tiny amount with the proxy, but decrease a LOT with the UDP!

Whats that? Even more is coming?

I've got back onto the OYS Webserver (openys.ysfhq.com) and I'll be using PhpMyAdmin to start setting up a MySQL user database, having learned a bit of SQL at the end of last year. The UserDB will be very simple: Primary key is the users HeadQuarters UserID number - which will be taken direct from the authentication process - no impersonating others! And everything else stored will be OpenYS stats: I will be adding TotalFlightTime as the first and only variable, but I'll be expanding this to cover much more stats over time. My plan is to have a central database service for OpenYS and YSFlight. You want to earn flight hours while playing on a STOCK YSF Server? With the OYS Tray you'll be able to do just that!

The final step in the great database linking of 2016 will be to integrate with YSFHQ a bit more - show off your stats in your signatures with a PHP generated image.

---

2016 will be a big year for OYS with some major, game changing additions:

• OpenYS Database Service - track your stats and the stats of your friends!
  • Player vs Ground - Ground Objects will be improved, and they will attack you!
  • Player vs Player - Playing against other pilots will increase your kill/death ratios!
  • OpenYS Tray Notifications - You can chose to be notified when certain players join certain servers.
[/b]
Now that the server is relatively stable, it's time to start pressing forwards with some major additions!
I am an accountant working full-time (and some). I'm not here as often as I would like to be. Send a message if you need me. There are a few people in the community who can get in contact with me urgently if you need - don't be afraid to ask. I just don't check here as frequently as I used to. Sorry!
u2fly
Senior Veteran
Senior Veteran
Favorite Aircraft: Antonov An-225 Mriya

Post by u2fly »

If you will use YSFHQ API, then it will use HTTPS:// and will depend from SSL/TLS certificats, right?
So, what protocol would you use for do that? Is it a way run OYS server on some cloud hosting (and not on user PC)?

U.S. Senator John McCain wrote:“Spending #NewYearsEve w/ brave #Ukrainian Marines at a forward combat outpost
- we stand w/ them in their fight against #Putin's aggression”

pic.twitter.com/vkz0gdozVV [archived]
(31 DEC 2016)
Neocon
First Class Membership
First Class Membership
Favorite Aircraft: Baron 58

Post by Neocon »

I can't wait to see all these things happen. It's a bold plan you have created. Will we be able to get achievements and double XP weekends? 8-)
Richard Vo
Veteran
Veteran
Favorite Aircraft: A380, JAS-39

Post by Richard Vo »

i can't launch it. :(
The A380 is ahead of its time. With the resilient passenger traffic growth for times to come (reference from Airbus's Global Market Forecast), plus congested airports, the A380 could not be ignored.

By any chance if you have Instagram, please drop a follow on @vhaq_aero and if you have Twitter, please drop a follow on @vhaq_aero. Appreciate that!
C P
Contributor
Contributor

Post by C P »

Patrick31337 wrote:I can't wait to see all these things happen
SSSUUUPPPPPPEEERRR!!! :D :D :D
Flake
VFA-49
VFA-49

Post by Flake »

Patrick31337 wrote:Will we be able to get achievements and double XP weekends? 8-)
It's part of the plan. Extra points at special events.
I am an accountant working full-time (and some). I'm not here as often as I would like to be. Send a message if you need me. There are a few people in the community who can get in contact with me urgently if you need - don't be afraid to ask. I just don't check here as frequently as I used to. Sorry!
Dragon_Mech
Veteran
Veteran
Favorite Aircraft: F-14, F-15D&E, SR-71, King Air 200, B737

Post by Dragon_Mech »

it sounds impressive Flake. but it's all about 4 yards above my head.
Owner, Dragonic Machine Industries
Flake
VFA-49
VFA-49

Post by Flake »

Pretty much you just run the OpenYS-Tray app, and then just connect your YSFlight to 127.0.0.1, and OYS takes care of the rest. :D

Eric just fine tuned the API Login function so now I am authenticating with your HQ user ID. So if you change your username, your stats won't disappear.

Hopefully I can develop the first database tonight!
Flake
VFA-49
VFA-49

Post by Flake »

Okay, I've just managed to connect through the tray app to civav server and it's working very well!

I'll add UDP support later!
Flake
VFA-49
VFA-49

Post by Flake »

Simples!
Flake
VFA-49
VFA-49

Post by Flake »

I've decided that since OYS-Tray fully implements OYS-Client anyway, I will instead abolish the old OYS-Client and replace it with the tray version. So OYS-Tray will now be the new OpenYS-Client. The only real change is that the unnecessary console output will be removed, and instead the program will sit in the system tray... I'll do a little bit more work before the first public test is released! :)
Nodoka Hanamura
Veteran
Veteran
Favorite Aircraft: Su-24, Mig-29, Su-27, F-18, F-15, ADF-01, Icon A5

Post by Nodoka Hanamura »

Flake - 2 things:
1: Your Title does not lie.
2: Have my babies.
Dragon_Mech wrote:it sounds impressive Flake. but it's all about 4 yards above my head.
Long story short, YSFHQ and OYS will start interfacing with one another.
u2fly wrote:If you will use YSFHQ API, then it will use HTTPS:// and will depend from SSL/TLS certificats, right?
So, what protocol would you use for do that? Is it a way run OYS server on some cloud hosting (and not on user PC)?
I'm not a expert on Web Development (That'd be my friend, Hyoukkuda's schtick), But unless Flake is willing to elaborate (Which he should :P), I'd assume some kind of PHP/SQL-based Cross-site scripting over OpenSSL.
Remeber: I'm not a Web Dev (I'm going to Net Admin when i go to college, possibly take Web Dev as a minor), so take this with a TRUCKLOAD of salt.
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
Member of YSCE Development Committee - I don't code, I compile.
Flake
VFA-49
VFA-49

Post by Flake »

The interface is linked by a PHP script: eg: Api_login.php

The apikey is specified in a url and the username and password parameters are POSTed to the page. All data is sent HTTPS so the username and password are encrypted before being sent.
Flake
VFA-49
VFA-49

Post by Flake »

Now Updated to Version 20160302(1613)

Changes:
+Bug fix for aircraft with semi-colons after dat parameters.
+
OPENYS-CLIENT COMPLETELY REDESIGNED. It's now an un-obtrusive system tray application that uses no resources when resting. Ideally you can use this forever! Open the tray for further instructions!
~The settings are still not perfect, but I have updated the settings template. Please add YSFHQ.Username and YSFHQ.EncryptedPassword to your settings file, otherwise you can delete and start again. In future I will fix this issue.
+
CLIENTMODE NOW LINKED WITH OPENYS AND YSFHQ! There is basic user tracking at the moment - I am now tracking your total flight time hours, for anyone using OpenYS Client! Give it a go, you will find it is pretty cool!
-Removed Nukes

Notes:
I am very new to PHP and MySQL as a whole, so there could be potential errors. However I think I have been fairly redundant in my testing!

Download: https://www.mediafire.com/?185erc1nga2mc2u

Neocon
First Class Membership
First Class Membership
Favorite Aircraft: Baron 58

Post by Neocon »

Is it possible to use the client and server at the same time? Is it necessary to do so for the tracking to work?