AdityaB
Veteran
Veteran
Favorite Aircraft: All

Re: YS Flight Traffic?

Post by AdityaB »

OfficerFlake wrote:Oh, right.

Sadly no, only one record.

If you want I can write an app to merge the two records into the one record (and not append on to the end? Like YSFlightReplayMerger does)
You do these using C++ ??? If so, maybe I can learn how to. I have learnt C++ and fresh from school, and would like to apply it in the practical world. ;)

Possibly, that would be great app for the scenery makers/editors, hence they can more swiftly/easily add movements of ground vehicles etc... But that would mean a lot of lag and lot of replays merged together. I really did not know about this .ysf thingy.

Next time onwards my sceneries will have them too. :mrgreen: :lol:
Please note that I do not mean any kind of offence in any of my posts
My Website:
YS Flight South Asia
Get full list of
my releases at:
AdityaB's Facility
:) :) :)
*temporarily unavailable further details
vmateen
Favorite Aircraft: A-10

Post by vmateen »

Patrick31337 wrote:I think you just add the file path for the saved .ysf file to the .lst file after the .stp file path.
But do I need to move the saved file to the scenery folder at that point? I've tried and failed a few times..
Gunny
Business Class Membership
Favorite Aircraft: Any thing with a prop.

Post by Gunny »

The file path should read to wherever the .yfs file resides.But to make it simple you can move it to your main scenery file.It would than read scenery/*****.yfs
Image[/align=centre]
Flake
VFA-49
VFA-49
Favorite Aircraft: Boeing F/A-18A

Post by Flake »

Gunny wrote:The file path should read to wherever the .yfs file resides.But to make it simple you can move it to your main scenery file.It would than read scenery/*****.yfs
You can even put the replay directly in the root folder, so you just have to type the replay name.

Alternatively you can store your replays for the long term in a Replays folder in the root and just user replays/*.yfs

Options upon options.
I am an accountant working full-time (and some). I'm not here as often as I would like to be. Send a message if you need me. There are a few people in the community who can get in contact with me urgently if you need - don't be afraid to ask. I just don't check here as frequently as I used to. Sorry!
DD-Destroyer
Contributor
Contributor
Favorite Aircraft: FA-50 Golden Eagle

Post by DD-Destroyer »

fld(Workable in Scenery Editor) support looping traffic since not long time ago. yfs could be provide "recorded" traffics which is just "seem". It's ysf's limit. Study scenery editor and research I linked for you. I reversed Soji's and researched to get those things.
AdityaB
Veteran
Veteran

Post by AdityaB »

so i was just trying these stuff....
I had earlier wrote: Next time onwards my sceneries will have them too. :mrgreen: :lol:
so i was starting off with the Chandigarh Airport ...... i made a .yfs file with a MiG-21(Aircraft by TF58) of IAF doing the circuits..... i saved it and then went ahead to test it.....

i did this

Code: Select all

user/AdityaB/Chandigarh/chandigarh.fld user/AdityaB/Chandigarh/chandigarh.stp user/AdityaB/Chandigarh/1mig21atixc.yfs
then copied the stuff.....got an Air India A320 and started to fly but to my surprise it redirects me to the MiG-21s cockpit and doesnt allow me to fly the A320.....why is that?

whatever key i press, the A320 doesnt nudge and the MiG-21 is, of course, is taking me for a ride (because i have no control over it too)....why?

is that supposed to happen?/what am i missing?

Thanks a lot :)
Last edited by AdityaB on Wed May 11, 2016 4:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
My Website:
YS Flight South Asia
Get full list of
my releases at:
AdityaB's Facility
Gunny

Post by Gunny »

@AdityaB---
Written by OfficerFlake about my same question.
"Gunny at the top of the YFS file you might see "Event blocks" - delete all those entries. Finally go to the AIRPLANE line of the aircraft you wish to edit and it will read AIRPLANE xxxx yyyy where yyyy is TRUE or FALSE. Set to true to make the player aircraft." it works.
Edit:P.S. Keep your .ysf file as short as possable to avoid overpowering lag.
Image[/align=centre]
AdityaB
Veteran
Veteran

Post by AdityaB »

Gunny wrote:@AdityaB---
Written by OfficerFlake about my same question.
"Gunny at the top of the YFS file you might see "Event blocks" - delete all those entries. Finally go to the AIRPLANE line of the aircraft you wish to edit and it will read AIRPLANE xxxx yyyy where yyyy is TRUE or FALSE. Set to true to make the player aircraft." it works.
hmm...ok thanks Gunny, sorry :oops:

i realised it just now that the .yfs file can be opened in notepad :lol: :oops:

anyway i made this, will keep this uploaded :) :
trafficprob1.png

wait a minute......i am still working on it (will update :) ).....hmmm..
FYI: AIRPLANE xxxx yyyyy, where yyyy is TRUE or FALSE, was already true, i wrote true again over it.....

EDIT: i hadQuestioned: What should i delete in EVENT BLOCK?
trafficprob3.png
EDIT:
Answer: As OfficerFlake explained, (thanks Gunny,) delete just the stuff that come in between,

EVTBLOCK
xxxx
yyyy
zzzz
mmmm, etc....(not adding more variables)
EDEVTBLK
there might be a lot of evtblocks in between, include them and delete those :)

and of course make that

AIRPLANE xxxx yyyyy(, where yyyy is TRUE or FALSE, make it TRUE)
it all works now :)
trafficprob4.png
me in Stock F-18, and .yfs MiG-21 :)

Thanks all for the help, :)
My Website:
YS Flight South Asia
Get full list of
my releases at:
AdityaB's Facility
AdityaB
Veteran
Veteran

Post by AdityaB »

AdityaB wrote:

TEST user/xyz/test.fld user/xyz/test.stp user/xyz/traffic1.ysf user/xyz/traffic2.ysf
we have to just stop at traffic 1?? I mean like, YSF reads only one file... Is it like that? :?:

OfficerFlake wrote:Oh, right.

Sadly no, only one record.
just like OfficerFlake mentioned in post before, about creating an application to merge .ysf files.....
Is it possible to run one .yfs file, fly another aircraft, save another .yfs file, this cycle repeated?....... if your computer allows you to?? (mine does not, it hangs mid way, but is it still possible?)
My Website:
YS Flight South Asia
Get full list of
my releases at:
AdityaB's Facility
vmateen

Post by vmateen »

I'm loving all the assistance everyone is offering. I'm becoming better and better at this whole scenery editor thing haha. I have found a new issue... when I add aircraft in scenery editor I can't get them to land. Even when modifying them in the program to land at the airport they just circle an airport endlessly and using the wingman commands if I tell them to land they will just circle the airport and a message pops up saying "cannot find the airport". Anybody run into this?
decaff_42
Staff
Staff
Favorite Aircraft: SR-71 Blackbird

Post by decaff_42 »

Do you have an ILS ground object setup for the airport in question? The auto-pilot landing system in YSFlight looks for that and it can take quite a while for the landing to actually happen depending on altitude, airspeed and position relative to the airport. Your airplanes may have been in the decent/landing for that airport and you just stopped it too early. I remember testing out the auto-landing and it took ~15 minutes to land when I was at 10k and maybe 5 miles from the airport. There was lots of circling...

I'm not sure what is the cause of your issue, but I hope this helped!
Check out my website YSDecaff for all my tutorials and addon releases.
Visit my GitHub page for Python codes: https://github.com/decaff42?tab=repositories

YSFlight Addon Database - Find links to nearly every addon made for YSFlight!
Submit Addon To Database
Richard Vo
Veteran
Veteran
Favorite Aircraft: A380, JAS-39

Post by Richard Vo »

This one seem interesting... But I didn't really understand. Can someone briefly explain this for me? :)
Sorry because I'm not a native English speaker.
The A380 is ahead of its time. With the resilient passenger traffic growth for times to come (reference from Airbus's Global Market Forecast), plus congested airports, the A380 could not be ignored.

By any chance if you have Instagram, please drop a follow on @vhaq_aero and if you have Twitter, please drop a follow on @vhaq_aero. Appreciate that!
Gunny

Post by Gunny »

The Instrument Landing System .dat file holds the information the game uses to determine the runway alignments for the auto landing system {and also has its own view point}. So if you do not have any ILS ground objects in the scenery you can not use the Auto landing system.There are 2 types of ILS.There is Distance Measuring Equipment ILS AKA DME/ILS and the basic none Distance Measuring Equipment ILS.My personal preference is the DME/ILS set up for a 5-3 nm distance from the thresh hold of the R/W.I don't usually do this but my preferences are for an ILS from Patrick's PMNV ground pack Box ILS simply because it is preset for my preferences 5 NM.So basically without an ILS your AI aircraft are as blind as a bat and has no frame of reference to land.In some cases an AI will attempt to use a VOR to line up on if it is present in the scenery.But that never turns out well. ;)
Image[/align=centre]
Barr
Veteran
Veteran
Favorite Aircraft: The Boeing 757

Post by Barr »

AdityaB wrote: Is it possible to run one .yfs file, fly another aircraft, save another .yfs file, this cycle repeated?....... if your computer allows you to?? (mine does not, it hangs mid way, but is it still possible?)
If I understand correctly what you want to do is fly a .yfs exit and save the new flight record with the old one into a new flight record? If so, yes. Just rename it so it doesn't overwrite the old one. That way you have one old .yfs file and one new one with the old one as well, right?

I too have a problem but ys gives me a can't save file error. I think it's because of admin settings since ys is in my c:/program files/ folder
Beginner ATC for hire!
Current Projects:
-Pilatus PC12
-Mooney M20
-New England Scenery
Fine Print:
**Word of Caution**
My knowledge is limited. Anything I write in my posts may or may not be accurate. To be honest I think its all crap.
AdityaB
Veteran
Veteran

Post by AdityaB »

BARRACUZ wrote:
AdityaB wrote: Is it possible to run one .yfs file, fly another aircraft, save another .yfs file, this cycle repeated?....... if your computer allows you to?? (mine does not, it hangs mid way, but is it still possible?)
If I understand correctly what you want to do is fly a .yfs exit and save the new flight record with the old one into a new flight record? If so, yes. Just rename it so it doesn't overwrite the old one. That way you have one old .yfs file and one new one with the old one as well, right?

I too have a problem but ys gives me a can't save file error. I think it's because of admin settings since ys is in my c:/program files/ folder
Yes, i play on aircraft_1 save the file....load it with the scenery, play with aircraft_2 wathcing aircraft_1 automatically flying around and then saving a new record which has two records of aircrafts flying :) .....

my computer gets heated up so in between, while flying YS hangs and thats it...i cant do anything else other than removing the battery of my laptop (very effective solution :lol: )!

---------------------------------

to be frank, i am in tangled web when it comes auotpilot for landing....i do not understand how YSF flies in for a landing on Auto.......i do that on my own..... :mrgreen: ............

one question, how does Soji program those aerobatic stunts he has saved in YSF versions as previews..... where do i find those files in YSF root?

My Website:
YS Flight South Asia
Get full list of
my releases at:
AdityaB's Facility
vmateen

Post by vmateen »

Question guys, anybody know how to make flight traffic get off the runway haha? I can command the planes to land, but they follow ILS in and then they just cut right or left and park on the active runway so other planes cant land.
Barr
Veteran
Veteran
Favorite Aircraft: The Boeing 757

Post by Barr »

vmateen wrote:Question guys, anybody know how to make flight traffic get off the runway haha? I can command the planes to land, but they follow ILS in and then they just cut right or left and park on the active runway so other planes cant land.
Planes will only clear if there are taxiway regions set in the map. Many modders make the whole airport one big runway region so the plane wont taxi since there is no taxiway.
Beginner ATC for hire!
Current Projects:
-Pilatus PC12
-Mooney M20
-New England Scenery
Fine Print:
**Word of Caution**
My knowledge is limited. Anything I write in my posts may or may not be accurate. To be honest I think its all crap.