Random questions about anything NEAR and IN the realm of YSFlight

Questions, comments, concerns, & fixes
Flake
VFA-49
VFA-49
Favorite Aircraft: Boeing F/A-18A

Re: Random questions about anything NEAR and IN YSFlight

Post by Flake »

Thomascook221 wrote:Thanks..i Really Appreciate That.. :)
No problem Mr. Cook 8-) .
I am an accountant working full-time (and some). I'm not here as often as I would like to be. Send a message if you need me. There are a few people in the community who can get in contact with me urgently if you need - don't be afraid to ask. I just don't check here as frequently as I used to. Sorry!
AdityaB
Veteran
Veteran
Favorite Aircraft: All

Post by AdityaB »

how do i download add-ons from YSF Korea?
logged-in....and finding difficulty even after translation :?

I have been trying a lot

Thanks a lot :)
Please note that I do not mean any kind of offence in any of my posts
My Website:
YS Flight South Asia
Get full list of
my releases at:
AdityaB's Facility
:) :) :)
*temporarily unavailable further details
kiwiflieger
Contributor
Contributor
Favorite Aircraft: Die Fledermaus

Post by kiwiflieger »

AdityaB wrote:how do i download add-ons from YSF Korea?
logged-in....and finding difficulty even after translation :?
I gave it a try and it appear that once you have navigated to the addon page and click on one of the addons to download, it redirects you to some sort of Korean search engine sign-in popup. The only pack that will let you navigate to it's page without the popup is the Herven Airlines pack, and it will also let you download it. The others... :evil:

I also have a random question - when inserting text in the scenery editor, I can see an tickbox for 'vertical' text; what does this do?
What does the 'Vertical' tickbox do?
What does the 'Vertical' tickbox do?
Untitled.png (2.82 KiB) Viewed 10893 times
Thanks in advance.
Currently dormant... playing IL2 Cliffs of Dover
decaff_42
Staff
Staff
Favorite Aircraft: SR-71 Blackbird

Post by decaff_42 »

It makes the text to this:
T
H
I
S

Rather than:
THIS
Check out my website YSDecaff for all my tutorials and addon releases.
Visit my GitHub page for Python codes: https://github.com/decaff42?tab=repositories

YSFlight Addon Database - Find links to nearly every addon made for YSFlight!
Submit Addon To Database
AdityaB
Veteran
Veteran

Post by AdityaB »

rodsantos wrote: Just a question: Would it be possible to make maps with SketchUp?
well, i guess not.....cause we have not yet made scripts for exports and imports? :? i am not sure
rodsantos wrote: Just a question: Would it be possible to make models with SketchUp?
aircrafts?
Yes, we can
My Website:
YS Flight South Asia
Get full list of
my releases at:
AdityaB's Facility
dbd000
Contributor
Contributor
Favorite Aircraft: So long as it isn't fictional, I like it

Post by dbd000 »

Anyone have trouble with the ysfs blender scripts not working?
Or maybe anyone know how to get them working on Mac?

Trying to find a way so I can get the Moa Airways VA Fleet Pack underway.
decaff_42
Staff
Staff

Post by decaff_42 »

Did you download the all-in-one YSFS Blender from the yswiki? that should be plug and play, even on mac.
Visit my GitHub page for Python codes: https://github.com/decaff42?tab=repositories

Submit Addon To Database
dbd000
Contributor
Contributor
Favorite Aircraft: So long as it isn't fictional, I like it

Post by dbd000 »

decaff_42 wrote:Did you download the all-in-one YSFS Blender from the yswiki? that should be plug and play, even on mac.
No I didn't!

Thanks for pointing that out!
lorDuckFeet
Modding Team
Modding Team
Favorite Aircraft: McDonnell Douglas

Post by lorDuckFeet »

"I have trouble in some aircrafts specially when i export them e. g. Reworked MD-11.
I already tried to unblock the dnm file (properties) and execute as administrator. Also I tried to move the file to the home work place because the Blender not requires permission to save the file" based on my post on Mini Chat.
V8-DLA
Contributor
Contributor
Favorite Aircraft: Boeing 787

Re: Random questions about anything NEAR and IN the realm of YSFlight

Post by V8-DLA »

Has there been any maps set on Turkey in YSFlight?
Currently inactive,may return soon.
AdityaB
Veteran
Veteran

Post by AdityaB »

@V8-DLA, maybe not :)
you can try to make one :) with a few airports :) for a start :)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

question: is it possible to make a big polygon and then subdivide it in YS Scenery editor (like the subdivide option blender)? :?

Thanks a lot :)
My Website:
YS Flight South Asia
Get full list of
my releases at:
AdityaB's Facility
NightRaven
Senior Veteran
Senior Veteran
Favorite Aircraft: .

Post by NightRaven »

Copy pasting the chat log here, regarding animations, parent-child relationships and transparencies.
MrFunnybone wrote: Is it possible to duplicate a part that’s already been animated/parented, because even if i separate it still is controlled by the parent
NightRaven wrote:
MrFunnybone wrote: Is it possible to duplicate a part that’s already been animated/parented, because even if i separate it still is controlled by the parent
you can clear the parent of the associated object empty. for animations I just use dnmviewer, it’s just simple to use
Nodoka Hanamura wrote:
NightRaven wrote:
you can clear the parent of the associated object empty. for animations I just use dnmviewer, it’s just simple to use
But would it also be possible in Blender? (asking out of curiousity)
decaff_42 wrote: Yes
decaff_42 wrote: You can even get rid of the animations using the ULA curve editor window.
MrFunnybone wrote: Am i supposed to be seeing through my plane when i look through the transparency of my plane in blender?
decaff_42 wrote:MrFunnybone, It depends on the parent-child relationships of the objects.
MrFunnybone wrote: Are you talking about animations
MrFunnybone wrote: I mean the transparency, i can see through my plane fuselage if i look into the transparent window in blender
MrFunnybone wrote: It is like the peephole effect from ysf w/ transparent objects but in blender
decaff_42 wrote: Parent child relationships are also important for transparencies.
NightRaven wrote:Peep hole effect caused by transparencies being put before the affected objects in the dnm tree
NightRaven wrote:Got sniped, whatever. but ya peep hole effect does occur in blender
Patrick31337 wrote: Transparent parts should come last in the list.
Patrick31337 wrote: I know I was late, but I wanted to feel important.
MrFunnybone wrote: Sorry how do i exactly move the object down the list, http://i.imgur.com/h0dzh8k.png
MrFunnybone wrote: It is actually very close to the bottom of the list so it seems like those issues have been fixed but i think it is still making the wings transparent, allowing me to see the gear
NightRaven wrote:I don’t know how to do that in Blender, which is why I use DNMViewer for both animating and sorting out the dnm tree
MrFunnybone wrote: Anyone know how to animate a propeller so that it turns into a transparent circle mesh at certain speed
Zack wrote: I whish
Zack wrote: Wish*
NightRaven wrote:You need a separate mesh for that, make a null srf with a prop cla and make it a parent of that transparent mesh (or make the prop itself a parent), and hook the transparent mesh up with a high speed blade cla (18 or 20, forgot)
NightRaven wrote:Take a look at OCP’s prop aircraft
MrFunnybone wrote: Okay i figured that out but the thing doesnt even rotate at all, i set it as propeller and the transparent as high speed and it does nothing
MrFunnybone wrote: Also i just realized that my plane is i the wrong orientation, facing the y axis instead of x. Ive already animated proetty much everything, and this screws everything up, is there a easy fix that doesnt require me to redo all the animations.
Patrick31337 wrote:MrFunnybone, You need to set the regular blade as a low-speed and the transparent as a high-speed. They are further down the list in DNMViewer.
Patrick31337 wrote: I think there is a mid-speed, too.
MrFunnybone wrote: I’m using blender right now, im still trying to figure out seeder animations
MrFunnybone wrote: And the propeller thing
MrFunnybone wrote: And the whole part about how ive been animating in the wrong axis
MrFunnybone wrote: Which is actually the most concern right now, i dont want to have to redo everything
NightRaven wrote:Double check by exporting as a dnm. not sure if blender immediately shows the preview for the animation
NightRaven wrote:Theres no mid speed either
MrFunnybone wrote: Okay, if that works then ill just have to deal with the other thing
NightRaven wrote:Make everything a child of the body object, then rotate the body
NightRaven wrote:Quick and easy but generally something i wouldnt do
MrFunnybone wrote: Wait a minute does the high speed propeller rotate around the z axis or something else
MrFunnybone wrote: Because it states in the wiki that the regular propeller rotates on the z
NightRaven wrote:Then u have to manually edit the mesh so it rotates properly
MrFunnybone wrote: Alright im not gonna screw with the transparency thing if i cant even get the propeller to spin, so im just going to export to dnm
MrFunnybone wrote: So i just select everything including the empties
MrFunnybone wrote: And then exp
MrFunnybone wrote: FUCK YES IT WORKS
MrFunnybone wrote: Wow everything works
MrFunnybone wrote: I am suprised
MrFunnybone wrote: I think the orientation is correct too
MrFunnybone wrote: Woo
NightRaven wrote:Well u dont have to select anything
NightRaven wrote:But then again arent the empties in the 6th layer
MrFunnybone wrote: Okay
MrFunnybone wrote: Yeha i have the references in the model but thats ok ill get rid of them later
MrFunnybone wrote: Also how do i know the scale is right on the plane (size) is there a way to check that in blender
NightRaven wrote:The units are in metres
NightRaven wrote:Just make sure the numbers line up
MrFunnybone wrote: Ok
MrFunnybone wrote: Okay well the orientation isnt right so yeah... am i going to have to redo all the animations
Patrick31337 wrote: I usually just copy and paste the prop entries in TF58’s King Air and name my prop parts the same as he did.
MrFunnybone wrote: It’s flying sideways Xd with the reference pictures too... at least the animations work flawlessly(except propeller) too bad i think i have to restart
MrFunnybone wrote: Image
Neocon
First Class Membership
First Class Membership
Favorite Aircraft: Baron 58

Post by Neocon »

My suggestion to everyone who hasn't already is to open a .dnm file in notepad and look at how it is spread out. Make yourself an expert in reading the .dnm file text. Become one with the .dnm file.

I use DNMviewer to figure out positions and angles, but I open Notepad and make the changes directly to the code because saving in DNMviewer can actually have undesirable side effects.

Ex.: If you have a shared logo or light .srf files outside the .dnm to save space, DNMviewer will add the surf file to the DNM when you save it, which you will need to remove from the .dnm file in Notepad because the surf file in the .dnm overrides the one that stands alone in the folder. What's worse is that DNMviewer seems to be clueless concerning the ZL code used for lights.
MrFunnybone
Contributor
Contributor
Favorite Aircraft: UFO

Post by MrFunnybone »

I've got a bit of a problem here, i have basically everything animated nicely and oriented nicely finally and im ready to export but first i need to scale up my model. does anyone know a good way to do this and scale up the empties so the animations remain in place on the model
decaff_42
Staff
Staff

Post by decaff_42 »

MrFunnybone wrote:I've got a bit of a problem here, i have basically everything animated nicely and oriented nicely finally and im ready to export but first i need to scale up my model. does anyone know a good way to do this and scale up the empties so the animations remain in place on the model
Unfortunately you may need to undo the rigging with the empties and scale things outside of the parent-child trees. Scaling things when they are parented in a complex family tree can give a lot of errors when exporting to dnm, ESPECIALLY if you do not reset the scaling factor somehow. For example if you scaled each component in the edit mode and used the 3D cursor scaling from the object center, and then re-positioned everything, you could be in luck.

HOWEVER
Before you do a lot of work, you can try to scale things in the object mode and then press (ctrl -> a -> 1). This should revert all the scalings and rotations to 0, so watch out for objects that are rotated into position and need to be there.

EDIT:
I'm working on a new animation tutorial series. Some of things from my original animation tutorial is not needed, Seeder animations being one of them. I'm glad you got your animations working!

Submit Addon To Database
V8-DLA
Contributor
Contributor
Favorite Aircraft: Boeing 787

Post by V8-DLA »

What is/was the largest map on YSflight?
Currently inactive,may return soon.
Flake
VFA-49
VFA-49
Favorite Aircraft: Boeing F/A-18A

Post by Flake »

At the moment I think tihs record is held by MegaDodo - a mixture of all the stock maps spaced out everywhere.
I am an accountant working full-time (and some). I'm not here as often as I would like to be. Send a message if you need me. There are a few people in the community who can get in contact with me urgently if you need - don't be afraid to ask. I just don't check here as frequently as I used to. Sorry!
MrFunnybone
Contributor
Contributor
Favorite Aircraft: UFO

Post by MrFunnybone »

Does anyone know why when i set an object to double sided so i can see the inside it turns the object blocky?
NightRaven
Senior Veteran
Senior Veteran
Favorite Aircraft: .

Post by NightRaven »

It's an inherent bug in the YS rendering engine. If you want a smooth but double sided surface, make it single sided, then duplicate the faces that need to be double sided and then flip the normals. Just don't use Remove Doubles on those faces anymore.
jetskit
Penguin Airways VA
Penguin Airways VA
Favorite Aircraft: 757 - 200,787,a319,a320

Post by jetskit »

OfficerFlake wrote:At the moment I think tihs record is held by MegaDodo - a mixture of all the stock maps spaced out everywhere.
Actually I think it's now one of the PMNV maps. Pacific rim maybe?
"Aviation was not an industry nor a science. It was a love."|YS ATCO|PAVA CEO|