[AIRCRAFT] A64 Samurai "Night Ops" Repaint

Discuss addon releases that fall under the "Aircraft" category.
MPP
Contributor
Contributor
Favorite Aircraft: The 241st Black Flanker

[AIRCRAFT] A64 Samurai "Night Ops" Repaint

Post by MPP » Tue Dec 20, 2011 10:35 pm

[mod=A64 Samurai "Night Ops" Repaint][previmg]http://img687.imageshack.us/img687/4279 ... pm2012.png[/previmg]
[moddesc=http://www.mediafire.com/?4a35d2d9h3e3kpd]A64 Samurai "Night Ops" Repaint.

This is my first repaint (With the nooby 0 0 0 colour fixed. Thanks to Shutter and Animal for kicking my ass back there and helping me get that sorted). All credit goes to Grigor for this aircraft. I only take credit for the repaint, the tag and "Night Ops" addition and the minor .dat tweak to make my repaint separate from Grigor's original. Thank you Grigor for supplying the amazing canvas (Sorry, plane...lol) for my repaint. Hope you guys (and girls) like it.
Little fact: The "Night Ops" addition came from the impression I got when I flew this plane. It seemed suited to night operations due to it's black and gray paint scheme[/moddesc]
[instmod]Just drag and drop "aircraft" and "user" into your main YS install. Simple as that. Type "MPP" into the search bar in YS to find the aircraft.[/instmod][/mod]
Never in the field of human conflict was so much owed by so many to so few... --Winston Churchill

Shutter

Re: A64 Samurai "Night Ops" Repaint

Post by Shutter » Tue Dec 20, 2011 10:38 pm

Thanks for fixing this. Looks like a decent first try. There's several tutorials available on painting schemes that you can check out such as this:
http://www.forum.ysfhq.com/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=2466

http://www.forum.ysfhq.com/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=2375

You'll most likely find those helpful for future releases.

MPP
Contributor
Contributor

Post by MPP » Tue Dec 20, 2011 10:44 pm

Thanks Shutter. BTW, I learned what I know of repainting from the tutorial Doomsday posted here. I've yet to watch the shrink wrapping and third tutorial but I'll get around to watching those tomorrow. I'm planning a festive repaint for tomorrow. Just need to figure out how to make a christmas tree in Blender. Another task for tomorrow. (Among watching the two videos and homework :evil: )
Never in the field of human conflict was so much owed by so many to so few... --Winston Churchill

Shutter

Post by Shutter » Tue Dec 20, 2011 10:51 pm

You might find the text tutorial for shrinkwrapping and painting faster than the video.

Animal
Animal
Animal
Favorite Aircraft: Unspecified

Post by Animal » Wed Dec 21, 2011 3:32 am

good improvement of color choice. You could go darker, but it still needs to be bright enough to be shaded effectively by the graphics engine. Leaving the intake interior their default color like you have on this one allows you to see the depth of the intakes. Instead of looking flat, this one looks like it has internal volume. The same can happen to a lesser extent with colors that are too bright.
They say that he feeds upon the tears of newbs, and that he spent an entire day feeding an effigy of Ricm into a desk fan. All we know is, he's called Animal.

Grigor
Contributor
Contributor
Favorite Aircraft: Ball-Bartoe Jetwing

Post by Grigor » Thu Dec 22, 2011 8:45 pm

I give this one the Nod. I usually hesitate doing repaints because it requires additional .dat files... each of which have to updated whenever you tinker with something. But a Night Ops colour scheme has often been in the back of my mind. The only thing I'd change on this is to darken the secondary panels so they're maybe ten degrees lighter than the main colour. Maybe some kind of other graphic also. But overall, this is a good idea.

MPP
Contributor
Contributor

Post by MPP » Fri Dec 23, 2011 12:32 pm

Thanks Grigor. If you want repaints done on your craft I'll do them the best I can. I'll have to try and fix the problem with my repainted craft not showing up in YS if I'm going to be doing repaints on your aircraft.