The Central Mediterranean Islands map is now ready for download/installation. You'll find installation instructions in the readme text file, please take a moment to look through it. The .zip folder has some information on the map, including a pilot manual (nothing tenuous, just a bunch of screenshots explaining what to expect at each airport, and some other stuff like a navigation map and such).
Download CMI (Mediafire link; the .zip file is about 11 MB but that's mostly image-related; the actual .fld is a little more than 1 MB)
The download link has been tested and is working fine, please let me know via pm if you have any problems.
NOTE: To ensure the map runs correctly in your YSFS installation, you need the following ground objects:
- PMNV ground objects pack (Over 80% of all ground objects are from this pack)
- TF 58's ground objects (need his map pack)
- Airbourne's ground objects pack
- KZS ground objects (I believe it's the S and M packs you need from this page)
- HotelFox's ground objects pack
Credits to all the creators of the original ground objects whose packs are listed above.
Some quick facts:
- There are 218 startpositions in this map (counting the vehicle-based start positions like the ones for fire engines, and some positions on Turbot Island near Mandiola International Airport (MXA).
- New Terminal 2 at Mandiola International Airport (MXA) on Turbot Island for Abel Jets and OneWorld carriers, as well as some previous Terminal 1 non-allianced airlines
- New RWY 18R-36L at MXA and new crossfield taxiways
- New cargo ramp at MXA
- New expanded apron and Pier B at Linbury International Airport
- New general aviation facilities at both, MXA and LNB
- More Code F compatible gates (not at Ocaso Int'l; can't handle it)
- New islands of Ocaso and Ocaso del Norte (including Rincon Island)
- Ocaso International Airport
- One helipad present at all airports
- Simplification of taxiway designators at MXA/simplification of some taxiways
- 1,500 ft supertall skyscraper, CMI Center in Mandiola (not counting the 300 ft tall antenna mast); obviously the tallest structure in the CMIs
- The "Sails at Linbury", sail-shaped buildings
- Enhanced expressway/roadway network around MXA
You may modify this map, provided you give me credit for the original map work done and not release it as "your work". Further, please adhere to the standard of work I have in the map when you make your modifications. I appreciate your understanding.